Seth Littrell 1-on-1 with Dave Barnett

ColoradoEagle

Interesting thing at 12:30...not surprising at all that Cosh would be gone, but I still found it interesting that he says what he wants from the DC that he brings in.  He might boost some peoples' confidence up another notch with that statement without even realizing it.
EDIT:  The DC he brings in at the end of the day, of course.

Edited by Tyler Maryak
  • Upvote 3

Littrell keeps talking about the team being a family and having fun. He will be a players coach all the way. The issue will be where the "having fun" line blurs into "goofing off" and "losing control and accountability". If Littrell can manage that line then he should be fine. 

• Upvote 3

I was excited originally about when Mac got hired several years ago but I dont think I was this giddy. I love hearing this guy talk and listening to how much he appreciates football. I think special things are about to come to this university

Recalling my initial reactions to McCarney VS my reaction to Littrell...  McCarney got me much more excited at first.  

He exuded confidence every time he opened his mouth.  I loved hearing about his time at Iowa,  I loved hearing about his time at Wisconsin.  I loved hearing him talk about his turnaround at IASt & his National Championship at Florida.   Little did I know, 4 years later, that same stuff that got me very excited about him was going to continually be brought up to the point of ad nauseam.

Littrell only has a fraction of McCarney's enthusiasm (at least, from what I've seen so far).  But I have a feeling I'm not going to be hearing him hang his hat on his past accomplishments nearly as much as McCarney.  Dude just seems very genuine and in-the-moment, which is absolutely a breath of fresh air.

• Upvote 4

Recalling my initial reactions to McCarney VS my reaction to Littrell...  McCarney got me much more excited at first.  

He exuded confidence every time he opened his mouth.  I loved hearing about his time at Iowa,  I loved hearing about his time at Wisconsin.  I loved hearing him talk about his turnaround at IASt & his National Championship at Florida.   Little did I know, 4 years later, that same stuff that got me very excited about him was going to continually be brought up to the point of ad nauseam.

Littrell only has a fraction of McCarney's enthusiasm (at least, from what I've seen so far).  But I have a feeling I'm not going to be hearing him hang his hat on his past accomplishments nearly as much as McCarney.  Dude just seems very genuine and in-the-moment, which is absolutely a breath of fresh air.

The impression I get from Littrell is that he feels uncomfortable in this spot light.  Considering his age and being a first time head coach we should not expect anything else.  Even the suit he is wearing looks like it was bought before the plane ride to Denton.  The man is most comfortable on the practice field. The media attention is something he will get better at over time or he wont.  Win and he can personally ring my phone and call me a MFer and I will stil write another check.

• Upvote 7

Littrell keeps talking about the team being a family and having fun. He will be a players coach all the way. The issue will be where the "having fun" line blurs into "goofing off" and "losing control and accountability". If Littrell can manage that line then he should be fine. 

what I took from those comments was the fun part was going to be the way they way and winning.

• Upvote 1