Benford firing watch

UNT90

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

I don't remember what I said, but you can post it if I'm still in the running. If not, permission to publicly shame is g

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

Ha ha!  No need.  You are doing a great job of that all by yourself.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 10

12 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Ha ha!  No need.  You are doing a great job of that all by yourself.

Na, UNT is the one publicly shaming itself. 

UTSA just fired a problem of a basketball coach. UNT hasn't fixed a problem that has been obvious for 3 1/2 years.

But cancers, right?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 6

Still no announcement one way or the other. The optimist hidden way down deep inside me wants to believe that a vote of confidence and a press release announcing Benford's return would have already occurred if that was going to happen.

Lets hope any date is right. I'd buy Tasty Which Wich for a week straight if it guaranteed Benford's release. For a month straight if RV went at the same time.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

3 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Still no announcement one way or the other. The optimist hidden way down deep inside me wants to believe that a vote of confidence and a press release announcing Benford's return would have already occurred if that was going to happen.

Lets hope any date is right. I'd buy Tasty Which Wich for a week straight if it guaranteed Benford's release. For a month straight if RV went at the same time.

Never been a press release or public vote of confidence before for Benford's returns. There's just no news and he stays.

9 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Never been a press release or public vote of confidence before for Benford's returns. There's just no news and he stays.

But RV specifically did not comment when asked directly by Vito. I think @Brett Vito needs to repeat that question and see if he gets an answer.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 2:44 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

The stoicism is strong with this one. 
Ernie%20Kuehne_200.jpg

...or oil isn't doing well (which it's not), or both.

My estimated guess has long passed.  I could have sworn Ernster would have been thirsty for more after the exciting FB coaching search.

Thanks alot.  I just had to spend 30 minutes answering the question "who are these mfers and how did they get my picture?!!"

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

2 hours ago, UNTEngr.#43 said:

Just fire Benford and get a coach that is ready to win and make something happen.

Was at the softball game yesterday and UTSA 's AD was there supporting the team don't known if RV does this.

He does.  But, like most, he can't make every game.  But, I have seen him at several of the games I have attended the last couple of years....same for tennis and volleyball.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

6 hours ago, flyonthewall said:

Thanks alot.  I just had to spend 30 minutes answering the question "who are these mfers and how did they get my picture?!!"

30 minutes?   What's the point of keeping RV around if not to handle these kind of inquires?? 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

My prediction:  They are working out the financials and will announce this next Friday, 3/12, that Benford is gone.

From your lips to God's ears! Don't you mean 3/18? Are you using some crazy West Texas calendar?

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

Not bad at internet.  Just recently discovered this, don't think he got out of his chair for two days.

"Man David, those guys are blasting me!"

Was he really shocked? That's worrisome. 

7 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

Really more directed at RV, but I can see why he would say that.

Is there really a difference at this point? 

Sinking money into a program and buildings is nice, but it means little without winning, and even less if you tolerate losing and support the main cause of that losing. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2