Benford firing watch

UNT90

Again, Evans is only here because of Benford.  Benford is his 'protege'.  

After the past few seasons, you have to wonder if Evans doubts his own coaching abilities based on the poor results of his apprentice. 

If/when Benford is canned, Evans will probably leave with him.

You gotta think, with the amount of money Ernie has thrown at b-ball, that he wont be able to stomach it much longer...

You would think so, but results seem to indicate otherwise...

• Upvote 1

That's a ton of digging.  My first thought is, look at when Duke hired Coach K and see what the football team was doing that same year.

The google has been failing me miserably on this ever since I posed the question.  I can't even get a remotely related glimmer of relative answer.  

Also note that the qualifier here isn't merely the football and basketball coach getting fired, but both getting fired in the middle of their respective seasons.

Edited by oldguystudent

ANNNND that explains why Pat Haden has been under so much scrutiny. Their AD situation and ours is very similar. Pat Haden is a personable person that has big donors hanging on his every word, hence why he is still employed. Sounds familiar doesn't it. 

On 12/6/2015 at 7:35 PM, oldguystudent said:

I say we look to North Carolina!

Hubert Davis? 

but what about same Collegiate year? USC example was one in 2012-13 season and FB in 2013-14 season

UNT looking at same Collegiate Year, remember RV nearly did Calendar year in 2001, fired Trilli and finger on the button for DD until he went on miracle Belt run

I feel bad for Ernue Kuehne. This guy has put so much money into the bball program only to see it reduced to a dumpster fire.

On another note, are there any coaches, other than Scott Cross, who would interest you at UNT- anyone with Dallas ties? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think we have moved past dumpster fire and on to the entire dump truck.

jpeg

This team plays with no noticeable offensive system and the defense is porous at best.  I don't expect very many more wins this season, which makes me sad.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 7

I think we have moved past dumpster fire and on to the entire dump truck.

jpeg

This team plays with no noticeable offensive system and the defense is porous at best.  I don't expect very many more wins this season, which makes me sad.

If someone can photoshop this truck with green instead of blue, with our logo, that would hit it on the head...

• Downvote 1