MGB: Villarreal, school officials say no decision made

Brett Vito

I'm guessing we have a gentleman's agreement with Littrell already in place and his hire will be formally announced as soon as UNC is eliminated from playoff consideration. If you have a chance to win a national title you pause everything else until you see that through.  I'm pretty confident Littrell has been our top choice for a long time. Another week isn't going to hurt us. 

• Upvote 5

If UNC scores a ton of points and beats #1 Clemson on Saturday, Littrell's value will go through the roof. 

If he is the choice, it needs to get done before this weekend. If it can't, move on to others and keep him as a fallback.

Then again, Meacham may not be interested or Letsche may be right about Littrell being Smatreak's choice. 

RV is still bad at his job. At least he's consistent.

RV is like a failed bit on The Ticket that goes on forever. You stop your car, go into 7-Eleven and fill up your Double Diabetic Gulp, buy a few scratch-off lottery tickets, curse your luck, get back in your car and it's still going on.

(Remember when Chris Arnold read Richard Pryor's autobiography in his Richard Pryor voice for an hour?)

• Upvote 4

I'm guessing we have a gentleman's agreement with Littrell already in place and his hire will be formally announced as soon as UNC is eliminated from playoff consideration. If you have a chance to win a national title you pause everything else until you see that through.  I'm pretty confident Littrell has been our top choice for a long time. Another week isn't going to hurt us. 

THIS!

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1

If UNC scores a ton of points and beats #1 Clemson on Saturday, Littrell's value will go through the roof. 

If he is the choice, it needs to get done before this weekend. If it can't, move on to others and keep him as a fallback.

Then again, Meacham may not be interested or Letsche may be right about Littrell being Smatreak's choice. 

^ Exactly, I'm not educated on how the coach hiring process works... But why can't UNT offer Littrell the job before his conference champ game? if they are very serious about him? I get that the guy's busy... But we are not exactly a school that should be waiting on candidates to finish up their business and letting them take their time to accept an offer. We have to get this show on the road and start recruiting. This year really shows there is a lot of work to do!

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 1

Ridiculous RV can't even get this right?

THIS! I mean, it is not as if RV has never done this before! He has recent experience, multiple times. If there was a Guiness Book entry for most coaching hires in a short period of time, he would surely be mentioned.

Edited by EagleMBA
  • Upvote 1