4th candidate

dml7007

then go cheer for Iowa State next year where your boy Fritz will be. 

And you can throw another temper tantrum? How old are you?

I don't think fans should be trying to run other fans off because they disagree on coaching hires. It's a part of the problem here, much like Fly telling all of us our contributions don't matter. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

We aren't the University of Houston, for gripes sake. And we surely aren't UT or Alabama. He has no clue about what awaits him at UNT.

I would have rather seen Lincoln Reilly over these 3 or 4, to tell you the truth. At least he had a good couple of years at ECU before going to a P5.

Chris Tomasen is a much better candidate for what we need than any of these 3. 

What makes you think Hermann would have been successful at UNT?

Wait so ECU is more G5 than Houston with their 45k a game attendance and perennial competiveness against P5 matchups? Your logic sucks.

• Upvote 4

Wait so ECU is more G5 than Houston with their 45k a game attendance and perennial competiveness against P5 matchups? Your logic sucks.

Applewhite had been at Houston one year. He also spent one year at Rice. Other than that, he is a P5 coach and player.

The WTF factor he would experience upon arrival would be soul killing to him, and he wouldn't know how to handle it.

Rielly was at ECU 5. And again, I'm not advocating for Rielly, just saying he is a better candidate than the ones mentioned as possible finalists. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

And you can throw another temper tantrum? How old are you?

I don't think fans should be trying to run other fans off because they disagree on coaching hires. It's a part of the problem here, much like Fly telling all of us our contributions don't matter. 

I'm sorry negative nancy, I didn't know your constant bitching was a contribution. Try being glass half full for once!!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Meacham has set many records directing offenses below the G5 level so I'm sure he can relate to our plight just as much as a FCS head coach could.

I agree with you on Meacham as an OC.  He has the skins.  What I also think is you HAVE to address the recruiting issues.  Doug could have the brightest offensive mind in college football and it won't matter if you do not have a viable recruiting game plan in place and the type of assistants who can make it happen.  I am honestly as interested in the assistant pool and subsequent hires as I am the head coach. 

He wants Willie Fritz and the cost would be for us to join a P5 conference which won't happen before signing day so that's a no go.

Ya, sorry. Late to the conversation.  It really doesn't matter who gets the job. We, as fans/supporters will support him or we won't.  RV and Dr. S have the final say. I also think Applewhite is being underestimated. He has not left the game since his playing days and has learned from some very good coaches.  It remains to be seen, but our options are limited.

• Upvote 1

I'm curious 90, who would you like to see here and what do you think it would cost?  Sorry if this has already been asked.

Don't read the idiots that say I just want Willie Fritz. They are too butt hurt about the fact that I don't like any of the final 4 to answer anything objectively, and the fact they are chiming in when you asked me a direct question should tell you that. 

I want a coach that has turned a program around as a head coach in a challenging situation (G5 or FCS). We aren't interviewing Any of those. 

These P5 coordinators are going to be stunned at the level of dysfunction  at UNT once they get their feet wet, 

And we will be looking for a new coach again in 3 or 4 years. Mark it,

Meachum is not underwhelming for sure and Applewhite has name recognition in Texas.  Major is really coming on, but I just think Meachum is the right age and seen the right things in his career to deal with what UNT is.  I think Meachum can win here, and I wonder if Major could overcome some of the UNT challenges.

If Meacham is the hire, it needs to be in his contract that he move to Denton. Last thing we need is for a head coach to commute to FTW and back...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No head coaching experience for any of them. All P5 spoiled and will be stunned at the dysfunction inside this AD and with this fan base. 

None realize the MASSIVE undertaking that awaits them.

Wrong. I have a set of parameters in mind. None of these coaches meet them. 

What UNT90 is omitting is the fact that we don't have a clear vision for the athletics program that lives up to what UNT is as 25 largest university in the country in a very large media market, with 237,000 local, and 29,000 undergraduate students.  Someone asked how money would it take to hire one those candidates UNT90 or I would want.  My answer is: if we can get $1,000 from just 15,000 (or just $500 from the same number of alumni) of the local alumni, I think we could afford just about anyone dare not hope to get right now.  If you didn't do the math we are talking about 7.5 million to 15 million.  With that kind of money you can hire coach at 2.5-5.0 million and hire some top notch assistants to come with him.  Like it or not when RV said we are minority he was right but he was talking about UNT fans in general. UNT fans are in the minority of population of people who have a connection with he school.  We can't even get 15% of those huge population numbers to sellout Apogee just once.  Those numbers don't mean nothing without leadership to unite them and set the vision.  The most valuable American sports franchise in the world has .500 record and 2 post season victories in 20 years and if you don't know what franchise I am referring to do a little research because it is very close to home.  Oh, by the way, how many post season wins does the Mean Green have in that same time period?... 2.  But I would bet my life  that of these 237,000 local alumni 90% have more of this pro teams merchandise than UNT's.  

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1

F u 90 you are not the AD just a disgruntled fan.  But it up support the Green if you are really a fan a cheer in the seniors to a victory.

gMG

90 was one of only a handful of fans that steadily supported the guy in your avatar against the majority of morons who blamed that guy for everything,  Funny.

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

We aren't the University of Houston, for gripes sake. And we surely aren't UT or Alabama. He has no clue about what awaits him at UNT.

I would have rather seen Lincoln Reilly over these 3 or 4, to tell you the truth. At least he had a good couple of years at ECU before going to a P5.

Chris Tomasen is a much better candidate for what we need than any of these 3. 

What makes you think Hermann would have been successful at UNT?

Stat for you. In 2011, a bad UNT team beat IU.  Their offense was ranked 91st in the nation.

Littell comes in 2012- Jumps to 51st, 2013 jumps to 25th and in 2014 (left) 81st. 

Common factor- Wilson never left and he's considered one of the best OC's under Stoops.

If he can do that in Bloomington, I'm sure Littell could do the same in Denton

What UNT90 is omitting is the fact that we don't have a clear vision for the athletics program that lives up to what UNT is as 25 largest university in the country in a very large media market, with 237,000 local, and 29,000 undergraduate students.  Someone asked how money would it take to hire one those candidates UNT90 or I would want.  My answer is: if we can get $1,000 from just 15,000 (or just $500 from the same number of alumni) of the local alumni, I think we could afford just about anyone dare not hope to get right now.  If you didn't do the math we are talking about 7.5 million to 15 million.  With that kind of money you can hire coach at 2.5-5.0 million and hire some top notch assistants to come with him.  Like it or not when RV said we are minority he was right but he was talking about UNT fans in general. UNT fans are in the minority of population of people who have a connection with he school.  We can't even get 15% of those huge population numbers to sellout Apogee just once.  Those numbers don't mean nothing without leadership to unite them and set the vision.  The most valuable American sports franchise in the world has .500 record and 2 post season victories in 20 years and if you don't know what franchise I am referring to do a little research because it is very close to home.  Oh, by the way, how many post season wins does the Mean Green have in that same time period?... 2.  But I would bet my life  that of these 237,000 local alumni 90% have more of this pro teams merchandise than UNT's.  

How much are you donating?

90 was one of only a handful of fans that steadily supported the guy in your avatar against the majority of morons who blamed that guy for everything,  Funny.

Rick

Weird.  Here is a post where  it seems like he is referring to him as a mediocre Sun Belt QB that woill soon be replaced.

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/topic/86285-a-qb-leader-emerges/?page=3#comment-742666

I guess my recollection is a little different of his 'support'.  Until of course after the season.

• Upvote 3

Stat for you. In 2011, a bad UNT team beat IU.  Their offense was ranked 91st in the nation.

Littell comes in 2012- Jumps to 51st, 2013 jumps to 25th and in 2014 (left) 81st. 

Common factor- Wilson never left and he's considered one of the best OC's under Stoops.

How much are you donating?

I think it is kind of rude to ask but I will tell you my level is Victory Circle.  I will be there today in the rain, will you be?

• Upvote 1

F u 90 you are not the AD just a disgruntled fan.  But it up support the Green if you are really a fan a cheer in the seniors to a victory.

gMG

Ok? 

I don't blindly support anything. If you do, you are a fool. 

Disqualifying candidates because of P5 pedigree is a non starter for me. From a business prospective, it would be the same as me not hiring a guy to run my company of 30 people, because he has worked for Boeing. 

Completely different circumstances and a terrible comparison. 

Weird.  Here is a post where  it seems like he is referring to him as a mediocre Sun Belt QB that woill soon be replaced.

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/topic/86285-a-qb-leader-emerges/?page=3#comment-742666

I guess my recollection is a little different of his 'support'.  Until of course after the season.

Well, your ignorant, then. And I mean the definition of ignorant.

DT got the most out of his talent, despite playing for Chico. He is a deserving UNT hall of famer.

Yep...he always referred to him as a mediocre Sun Belt QB.  Odd that anyone would see that as "consistent support".  Lots of others, however, did support DT.

• Downvote 1

Except he will be the head coach here.

Not the offensive coordinator.,

Huge difference. 

Yep...he always referred to him as a mediocre Sun Belt QB.  Odd that anyone would see that as "consistent support".  Lots of others, however, did support DT.

Completely untrue.

But I'm sure you have your marching orders when it comes to me...

I agree with you on Meacham as an OC.  He has the skins.  What I also think is you HAVE to address the recruiting issues.  Doug could have the brightest offensive mind in college football and it won't matter if you do not have a viable recruiting game plan in place and the type of assistants who can make it happen.  I am honestly as interested in the assistant pool and subsequent hires as I am the head coach. 

Give me someone that can coach and coach a team up over being stellar recruiter any day of the week.  As long as the HC hires competent assistants that can recruit we'll be ok because we need coaches that know how to coach a team up because we won't win very many major recruiting battles for at least a few years until the team is proven to be good and players want to come here.

Edited by Green Mean