SMU Game Tix arrive yet? Update?

trud1966

They said these seats were reserved for UNT, but we returned the tickets (why on earth would we do that?) 

If true, this is embarrassing. We should sell out our allotment every time we play in Ford Stadium.

I'm revising my NT attendance prediction down to no more than 4k after this news.

Edited by Cr1028

Of course we will wear white.  It's a road game.  The visiting always wears white.  But remember, North Texas is the Mean Green.  White is ambiguous.  Wearing white, you could be a Southern Meth fan or a misplaced Longhorn fan or a parking attendant.  Wear green and everyone will know who you are and who you came to see win. 

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 4

Of course we will wear white.  It's a road game.  The visiting always wears white.  But remember, North Texas is the Mean Green.  White is ambiguous.  Wearing white, you could be a Southern Meth fan or a misplaced Longhorn fan or a parking attendant.  Wear green and everyone will know who you are and who you came to see win. 

GO MEAN GREEN

AND it's after Labor Day. Don't be that guy ;-)

• Upvote 6

Why do Mean Green fans keep buying tickets from places other than the UNT ticket office?  That just makes no sense to me at all.  Now, I am sure there is a reason, but why not support our own ticket office rather than stubhub...which means you are buying from a SMU ticket holder or some random ticket broker, ticketmaster or the SMU ticket office?

I want those SMU folks to "eat" the tickets they bought and are not using.  I guess they couldn't even give them away, huh?

Yes, yes...far better to attend and support the Mean Green no matter where you get your tickets, but why not order from UNT?  

Just wondering...not trying to complain because these folks are attending the game in support of the Mean Green no matter their ticket source.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Why do Mean Green fans keep buying tickets from places other than the UNT ticket office?  That just makes no sense to me at all.  Now, I am sure there is a reason, but why not support our own ticket office rather than stubhub...which means you are buying from a SMU ticket holder or some random ticket broker, ticketmaster or the SMU ticket office?

I want those SMU folks to "eat" the tickets they bought and are not using.  I guess they couldn't even give them away, huh?

Yes, yes...far better to attend and support the Mean Green no matter where you get your tickets, but why not order from UNT?  

Just wondering...not trying to complain because these folks are attending the game in support of the Mean Green no matter their ticket source.

Honestly, I was about to buy in section 122 this morning, because they're right next to the UNT seat allotment, and they're better seats.  I'm still kindof low on the MGC priority point list...  :(
But, then some SMU booster came and scooped up the whole section, so no dice.   I ordered mine through the UNT ticket office.  I guess I'll bring the binoculars.

• Upvote 1

7 tickets at $15 is easier for me than at $35.

• Upvote 4

The UNT ticket rep I spoke to yesterday said they're still giving more time for people to buy.  
They anticipate cutting off the purchase date assigning seats based on MGC priority points, and mailing them out about 2 weeks before the game... which would probably make this Friday the cutoff date.   I would anticipate getting your SMU tickets in the mail mid-late next week.  
If you buy tickets after the cutoff, you could have a million MGC priority points, but your tickets will be way over to the side because you didn't get your order in before the cutoff.

• Upvote 1

Got mine today as well.  Section 122, row 9!  
Makes me think that the person that the SMU ticket rep was saying bought up the whole section was actually Rick & crew.

This makes Ford Green at least from sections 116-122.   I anticipate a pretty good smattering of Green everywhere else, outside of the SMU student section, too.

• Upvote 1

Got mine today as well.  Section 122, row 9!  
Makes me think that the person that the SMU ticket rep was saying bought up the whole section was actually Rick & crew.

This makes Ford Green at least from sections 116-122.   I anticipate a pretty good smattering of Green everywhere else, outside of the SMU student section, too.

Great news. Loving that we'll have a big enough showing in some sections to be loud whenever their offense comes along.

Oh and according to my stubhub tickets, my row 4 in that section was bought out by some dude named Jonathan Marks, but could be a fake name.

Also consider John Williams bought SMU tickets and included them in his young alumni, Eastside Social Club ticket package. That could honestly account for the large allotment purchased at once. My second year buying my tickets that way and it's a better deal than anything UNT has ever offered. They should honestly hire him to do their marketing. He sells out fast.

• Upvote 1

Recvd my tix today from NT Ticket office for SMU game. Sec 122

The SMU athletic site has a seating chart for Ford - Oddly Sec 122 is listed as student. So does that mean enough tickets have been sold that we are bleeding into other sections?

And if you look at the seating chart on Ticketmaster it would appear the lower bowl of the visitor side is a near sell out. Second level selling well too. But I guess take it with a grain of salt because the SMU side is a near sell out as well. 

Edited by adman

Recvd my tix today from NT Ticket office for SMU game. Sec 122

The SMU athletic site has a seating chart for Ford - Oddly Sec 122 is listed as student. So does that mean enough tickets have been sold that we are bleeding into other sections?

And if you look at the seating chart on Ticketmaster it would appear the lower bowl of the visitor side is a near sell out. Second level selling well too. But I guess take it with a grain of salt because the SMU side is a near sell out as well. 

I think for this particular game, and probably Baylor, they had to swap their normal 'visitor' section with these sections.

Also consider John Williams bought SMU tickets and included them in his young alumni, Eastside Social Club ticket package. That could honestly account for the large allotment purchased at once. My second year buying my tickets that way and it's a better deal than anything UNT has ever offered. They should honestly hire him to do their marketing. He sells out fast.

The East Side tickets are in section 116

• Upvote 1

You know Im shocked that tickets for the Baylor game are still available on ticket master. 

I received some negative rep from our resident Baylor fans for saying this in another thread, but BU does not tend to travel well. It's one of the reasons, among others, that they struggle with landing a high profile home-and-home. 

If we get the turn out predicted by some on this site, there's a good possibility that there will be more mean green in ford next week than whatever shade of green Baylor is this week

• Upvote 1

If you recall....I'm the one that started this post...And also, still no tickets for me either.    I emailed the ticket office about 3 weeks ago, and they said they would "be mailed out in 2 weeks..."   The reason I got worried is that some people said they received theirs last week.....Is this going to be like the HOD Bowl all over again and RV ends up personally delivering tickets to everyone all over the metroplex?

Mine were postmarked Monday and received today in Flower Mound. Section 122, row 15.

Just checked SMU site and see that stadium seating allotment was changed from what I saw earlier.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/smu/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2015-16/misc_non_event/2015-FootballSeatingChart2.pdf

Edited by rws69

I received some negative rep from our resident Baylor fans for saying this in another thread, but BU does not tend to travel well. It's one of the reasons, among others, that they struggle with landing a high profile home-and-home. 

If we get the turn out predicted by some on this site, there's a good possibility that there will be more mean green in ford next week than whatever shade of green Baylor is this week

I would wager DFW has the highest concentration of Baylor grads of anywhere in America. So "traveling well" isn't really needed. And when you consider our games at Fouts with them were sellouts when they were terrible you'd think they'd own every seat in Ford with their current success.

• Upvote 2