According to my buddy Rick Barnes out at UT

Harry

KRAM I don't read DMN honestly took that stab out of nowhere. Promise. Also, I was a MGC member out of graduation then never got anything on renewing, I will be joining once I pay these dang taxes... My wife and I will be lifetime members.

• Upvote 1

With the amount of money Texas can throw at him, in a prospect hotbed like Texas, he'd be crazy not to take it.

Well, UCLA made at a run at him a couple of years ago. Southern California has a lot of the same advantages, and he didn't really listen to them.

The buyout is one thing, but Barnes is already set from TU so we wouldn't have to pay him as much out of our own pockets.

/pipe dream

Barnes will be getting $2.25 million at UT. You've made this argument when I said Grant from Alabama would be out of our price range, and it's a good point, but the truth is coaches who are making a lot of money usually want to be paid at least close to the same at their next job. Even if they are getting paid from the buyout, that usually doesn't mean they're going to take a 50% (or more, in our case) decrease in salary, unless they're desperate.

Which is why those guys are still out of our price range, despite the buyouts.

Edited by BillySee58

Barnes will be getting $2.25 million at UT. You've made this argument when I said Grant from Alabama would be out of our price range, and it's a good point, but the truth is coaches who are making a lot of money usually want to be paid at least close to the same at their next job. Even if they are getting paid from the buyout, that usually doesn't mean they're going to take a 50% (or more, in our case) decrease in salary, unless they're desperate.

Which is why those guys are still out of our price range, despite the buyouts.

Yeah that doesn't really apply for guys in Barnes' level. (One reason why I used the '/pipe dream' line)