Slim Chickens coming to Denton?

Harry

"I'm originally from Fort Worth, born and raised, so I'm very excited to get back there," he said. "I think people are really going to enjoy it. This is a different type of fast casual restaurant, so we're excited to get down there and give them the Slim Chickens experience."

The company is actively scouting additional franchisees for locations in Dallas, Denton and Collin counties.

Some Slim Chickens menu favorites include:

• Chicks Plate – three chicken tenders, one sauce, Texas toast, one side and a drink
  • Slims Plate – five chicken tenders, two sauces, Texas toast, one side and a drink
  • Chicken and waffles – with a Texas-shaped waffle

read more: http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2015/02/08/slim-chickens-announces-five-locations-in-north.html

Raisin Canes first plz

I tried Raising Cains for the first time a couple of weeks ago. (Greenville/Lovers Lane location) I was impressed by the Incredibly friendly staff and very clean store. But as far as the food was concerned - probably only second to In-n-Out Burger as the most overhyped yet underwhelming places I've been. It probably got its name from people becoming irate at how bland the chicken is.

• Upvote 6

3 chicken strips w/ sauce, fries, coleslaw, texas toast and a drink for about $7.5 is a bad deal?

The volume of the food is okay. The problem is that the chicken itself isn't anything special, coleslaw is okay, and texas toast isn't really that special either.

I don't mean to step on toes, but if we're gonna add a chain chicken place to Denton, I think our town deserves something better than Cane's. It's okay. Not special, not great, and not awful, but just okay.

Edited by meangreendork

I tried Raising Cains for the first time a couple of weeks ago. (Greenville/Lovers Lane location) I was impressed by the Incredibly friendly staff and very clean store. But as far as the food was concerned - probably only second to In-n-Out Burger as the most overhyped yet underwhelming places I've been. It probably got its name from people becoming irate at how bland the chicken is.

I am sorry but you are the only person I know who doesn't like In-n-Out burger. The one by my house has a line for miles...

I am sorry but you are the only person I know who doesn't like In-n-Out burger. The one by my house has a line for miles...

The burger was ok but it didn't live up to the hype - it was just ok. The way people lost their minds when it arrived in Dallas I expected something more along the lines of: "Damn, they just redefined burgers."

I do like their model of fair wages and fresh ingredients though.

Also, let me add that if I were tasked to pick between IN-n-Out for a burger or Raising Canes for chicken strips, In-n-Out would get my nod. While not worthy of the over the top hype at least their burger actually has flavor. Can't say that for Canes chicken.

As an aside - While not a fast food chain - if you've never had a Maple & Motor burger in Dallas you owe it to yourself to have one.

• Upvote 1

The burger was ok but it didn't live up to the hype - it was just ok. The way people lost their minds when it arrived in Dallas I expected something more along the lines of: "Damn, they just redefined burgers."

I do like their model of fair wages and fresh ingredients though.

Also, let me add that if I were tasked to pick between IN-n-Out for a burger or Raising Canes for chicken strips, In-n-Out would get my nod. While not worthy of the over the top hype at least their burger actually has flavor. Can't say that for Canes chicken.

As an aside - While not a fast food chain - if you've never had a Maple & Motor burger in Dallas you owe it to yourself to have one.

Maple and motor is awesome - just long lines but worth the wait if you haven't tried it.

It's pretty much the sauce at Caines. From the folks I've talked to, if you like it, you're a fan of the restaurant in general. If you don't like it, you don't like the restaurant as a whole. I like it ok. But I'd rather have Chicken E if I want chicken strips.

If you like the sauce...make it yourself...pretty much just Ketchup and mayo mixed together...add your own spices and BINGO! I like it, but pretty much mastered it at home in one try...

• Upvote 1

If you like the sauce...make it yourself...pretty much just Ketchup and mayo mixed together...add your own spices and BINGO! I like it, but pretty much mastered it at home in one try...

Yeah, Canes relies on their sauce and that's it. Without it, it's pretty much run-of-the-mill fried stuff you could probably find in the grocery store freezer.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1