McNulty

H-towngreen

Don't even try bud. This guy's Internet psyche just can't be wrong.

Hold on, chief.

You were the one coming on here telling everyone what a genius you were.

Tell me please, if there is no issue at QB, how come we have used 3 this year?

Problem is, the evidence has proved me right on this. And it burns your ass to no end.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

McNulty is not good, but Dajon is not appreciably better. Take away the Nicholls State game, and you have a QB who gives us 2 TDs and 3 TOs per game (not the other way around). I suppose I'd rather see Dajon starting, because he brings more potential to the table. But ultimately . . .

It just doesn't matter.

• Upvote 3

McNulty is not good, but Dajon is not appreciably better. Take away the Nicholls State game, and you have a QB who gives us 2 TDs and 3 TOs per game (not the other way around). I suppose I'd rather see Dajon starting, because he brings more potential to the table. But ultimately . . .

It just doesn't matter.

Exactly the way I feel.

Right, because that's exactly what he did against UNLV, right?

Pretty much exactly what he did against Rice last year. 8 touchdowns against 10 interceptions through conference play last year (an actual sample size, not just a game) is pretty close to what Mcnulty is on pace to giving us a similar ratio, at 1-to-1 right now through two starts.
  • Upvote 2

Hold on, chief.

You were the one coming on here telling everyone what a genius you were.

Tell me please, if there is no issue at QB, how come we have used 3 this year?

Problem is, the evidence has proved me right on this. And it burns your ass to no end.

I said it was the end when McNulty was proclaimed starter.

I said the guy would do enough to sometimes not look like the problem when we eventually lost. I insinuated that he'd never be able to do anything that would lead to any kind of tide shift needed in a victory. You've continued to ask if we miss a guy who continually did only enough to win with night and day better efforts from two of three phases of the game.

Tell me again where I was wrong plz.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 2

My thought on today was that McNulty was starting to seem comfortable leading this team, then took that one huge hit that must have been worse than it looked, and either his body or his confidence suffered. Whichever it was, the fact is that just because he's tough enough to want to keep going, if you as a coach see that it's not working out, force him to rest. If it turns out he's the best option (?) then wouldn't you want to get him healthy instead of letting him go back in when he's obviously shaken enough that his performance is dipping?

• Upvote 4

DW looked so good in his one play today. Think if Rice had to deal with that running option all day? Just extremely frustrating how this whole season is being handled.

this bugged me when the announcers were saying it today, and to be perfectly honest, it really shocks me that you repeated the inaccurate line.

DW had TWO plays today - a 20 yard run, followed by a 4 yard pass to Kidsy.

• Upvote 5

You've continued to ask id we miss a guy who continually was only allowed to do only enough to win with night and day better efforts from two of three phases of the game.

Fixed.

I guess you forgot who coaches this team.

Again, if QB isn't a problem, why have we used 3 this year? Why did we only use 1 last year?

Will you ever even attempt to answer that question?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Fixed.

I guess you forgot who coaches this team.

Again, if QB isn't a problem, why have we used 3 this year? Why did we only use 1 last year?

And why didn't you fault any of the points I made in that post before you edited it?

Lulz dude.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It just doesn't matter.

We have a winner!

• Upvote 2

I am not sure anyone is saying qb isn't a problem regardless of who is behind center. I believe the debate is who do we think has the best upside long-term.

At an early point in the second half, and after MacNulty had taken several shots to the ribs and shoulders, he attempted a QB draw that went no where on first down. So unless he dialed that stupid play up on his own I can't really hold him accountable for much in this game other than maybe holding the ball too long at times.

AM is tough and fearless and is the best we got for now for this lousy offense we're running out there. People might as well get used to that.

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

AM is not a good qb. He is a statue and stares down where he is going with the ball. The pick was only a matter of time and when he screwed up it was a disaster. Not even our best defenses ever would survive long with only 14 points a game lighting up the board. All we needed was to move the chains with a few short pass completions to get into field goal range and he couldn't do it. He looks frustrated and shows zero leadership inspiration. I agree that AM would not be able to play QB many if any other places in the country at this level.

GMG

• Upvote 2

When the man mini was looking at was open he made good throws. When the man was covered he threw incompletions, an int, and got sacked. He had one run where he could of made a first down but slid and came up short. I have nothing more to say about mini.

This play right here is when I knew we had the wrong guy behind center. A guy that is going to lead you to victory, a guy that wants to win at any cost does not slide 2 yards shy of the first down. When he did that, I knew that no matter how well he played, he was not 'the guy'. I'm sorry, but If your qb won't put in the effort to make the play, how do you expect anyone else.

Heart is shown on the field, and that play showed me the heart our qb has. Dw might have had some bad turnovers, but that kid has never shied away from a hit.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1