Let me preempt a lot of posts

emmitt01

I still think DW is our best option, but he should have been more prepared by the staff earlier in the year. If he had more experience before the Nicholls State game, I'd like to believe this game wouldn't have been a slaughter.

Why? He wasn't physically prepared, missed practices, and supposedly didn't give a great effort to be a starter. I do understand that becoming a father weighs heavy on the mind. I can understand that and certainly don't condemn his priorities. But, I'd want my starter to learn the playbook and be motivated so that he can motivate others. The quarterback has to be the spiritual leader of the team. He can't screw up because it affects the team; or at the very least, the offense. You saw how quickly everyone jumped on Greer.

Although I have no clue what Connor Means might accomplish, I also agree that DW is our best option. He'll have bad days and a lot more good days but he has to learn from mistakes and get back on the horse that threw him. He doesn't need us to make excuses for him.

Yes, very. I will not sit here and lower already low expectations by calling a subpar QB a UNT HOF QB like lots of people already do. He did great in Dallas last year and he should be appreciated for it. But people or at least I don't forget what transpired before that. Again, he benefitted from a good defense and great special teams. He still IMO single handedly lost the Tulane game and arguably the Ohio game last year. The years before that...well, you know.

• Upvote 2

Yes, very. I will not sit here and lower already low expectations by calling a subpar QB a UNT HOF QB like lots of people already do. He did great in Dallas last year and he should be appreciated for it. But people or at least I don't forget what transpired before that. Again, he benefitted from a good defense and great special teams. He still IMO single handedly lost the Tulane game and arguably the Ohio game last year. The years before that...well, you know.

DT was not a "subpar" QB statistically or otherwise. Besides, maybe we should just concentrate on our QB play going forward, eh? From the QB disaster that I saw today, we could certainly use some improvement in that regard.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 year starter averages 2400 yards and 1:1. That is below average and quite a bit actually. So he would be nationally subpar. But agreed. The coaching staff need to worry about the current situation, at least a couple jobs are wavering.

According to the comprehensive 2013 NCAA QB stats he was not below average nationally, and he certainly was not average as far as the history of NT QB's is concerned. Enough with DT talk for me. We've got new fish to fry.