CUSA 2018 Schedules

TheColonyEagle

Do we know when the 2018 schedules will be released? January? I see some other conference schedules are out.

Non conference we get SMU and Incarnate Word in Denton with Arkansas and Liberty on the road.

Do we know who we'll play in CUSA East crossovers and who we play home/away?

Looking at our CUSA West games: I'm assuming we'll get USM and La Tech at home with a trip to Birmingham and San Antonio? We also get Rice in Denton and UTEP there?

1 minute ago, THOR said:

I would assume we get fau at home and odu on the road

That was what I was wondering....do we repeat the cross over games for two years home/away?

If we get FAU at home....it's going to be interesting what date the conference puts that game....I would assume we'll both be picked to go back to the championship game next year.

2 hours ago, golfingomez said:

'Question, no info.'

I swear, some of you people have no idea how to post on this board...

Yeah, not sure which is worse, this or the LMGTFY kinds of simple questions that are often asked.

BTW anybody that responds to this by asking what LMGTFY means should get a 2-day timeout.  LOL!

24 minutes ago, ttunt1970 said:

Everything just swaps this year's schedule  ODO-away FAU-home

Surely not, right?
We will have played FAU 3X (regular season) since joining C-USA and will not have played Charlotte once yet.  Surely there will be rotation from the East/West games, and yeah flip-flop the Division games.

Please let us have Charlotte.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Surely not, right?
We will have played FAU 3X (regular season) since joining C-USA and will not have played Charlotte once yet.  Surely there will be rotation from the East/West games, and yeah flip-flop the Division games.

If we replaced FAU with Charlotte, after replacing Army with Liberty, and after SMU and Arky have coaching changes, plus the normal CUSA West Teams, anything under 9 wins would be disappointing. That would immediately replace the 2017 schedule as the easiest one in years...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

If we replaced FAU with Charlotte, after replacing Army with Liberty, and after SMU and Arky have coaching changes, plus the normal CUSA West Teams, anything under 9 wins would be disappointing. That would immediately replace the 2017 schedule as the easiest one in years...

I still can't believe UNT is heading to Liberty and isn't even getting paid extra

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

We won't flip FAU and ODU.

The conference only did that a couple of years ago because UAB was dropping football.... then not.  I was easier (and lazy) to just keep the schedule and flip the sites when UAB decided to come back.

My guess is that we get Charlotte and FIU... one here and one there.

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Surely not, right?

CUSA is waiting for Charlotte to get really good before scheduling them against us. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, flyonthewall said:

Oh gawd.   Here we go.   Let him sell sushi.  He still supports the university and is gone.  Let it go

no shit....and a damn good supporter compared to most all of us

disclaimer....i am not a sushi person, hate it, but...if he sells beer....i may have to go there...

Edited by THOR
  • Downvote 1

15 hours ago, flyonthewall said:

Oh gawd.   Here we go.   Let him sell sushi.  He still supports the university and is gone.  Let it go

That's what I'd expect from a member of the 13 (or was it 17, or 27...hell, I can't keep my nefarious secret societies straight).  

I bet he shows up to drop off his MGC donation in a black jersey and writes "M'fer Green Club donation" on the memo line.  

And he kicks puppies

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 2

5 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

That's what I'd expect from a member of the 13 (or was it 17, or 27...hell, I can't keep my nefarious secret societies straight).  

I bet he shows up to drop off his MGC donation in a black jersey and writes "M'fer Green Club donation" on the memo line.  

And he kicks puppies

All I know is that RV knows who to call if he needs a little extra help with securing more funding for more sushi locations and equipment...