Chad Morris headed to Arkansas

TheReal_jayD

2 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

Chad Morris is headed to Arkansas

Also hearing Todd Graham is very likely the possible replacement at SMU

Wow.   Wonder how the Arkansas boosters/fans are going to react here.   Hope the pigs are ready for some more mediocrity, but if he has a NFL caliber WR, he's going to smash us next season...     ...probably why they hired him.

Graham is a great replacement for him at SMU.  They needed a little more sleaze down there.

• Lovely Take 1

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Wow.   Wonder how the Arkansas boosters/fans are going to react here.   Hope the pigs are ready for some more mediocrity, but if he has a NFL caliber WR, he's going to smash us next season...     ...probably why they hired him.

Graham is a great replacement for him at SMU.  They needed a little more sleaze down there.

Morris can recruit Texas! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Poll on PonyFans regarding who they want as their next head coach.  Kevin Sumlin is the front runner.

Someone should inform Sumlin.  I am sure he would enjoy a good laugh.

Sumlin was waiting for the Oregon opening now Mario may get a crack at it! Always wonder what happened to the FIU stud!

Edited by Wag Tag
  • Lovely Take 1

Morris was definitely ok at SMU. The team improved every season, but neveer to an eye popping amount. Not sure he would have ever gotten them to greatness though, so I think SMUs loss is bearable for them. I mean his record is 14-22, and he will leave before ever coaching a bowl game there.

Now if they can get Graham, that is scary... unless he turns in a June Jones performance and starts mailing it in as he sees that he will likely not travel upwards anymore. But I am not so sure Graham really wants to jump back in immediately. If they can't get Graham it might get more difficult and interesting. Maybe the Troy coach? If they make that happen,I'd like them to do it before the bowl ;)

I am almost certain Sumlin will take a year off. If he'd really wanted a job, he'd have it already. He has the money and will be in a chip Kelly situation where he can pick his spot before all the other coaches can. Doubt he wants to go west coast, and why wouldn't Oregon turn to Christobal? Feels like the perfect fit to me: HC experience (which arguably was the best HC FIU ever had), learnt from Saban, had some other stints as OC. 

I^d be laughing sooo hard if SMU ended up hiring Frank Wilson.

Edited by outoftown