So. Miss vs UTSA

MeanGreen_MBA

4 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I hope that So. Miss. comes out and plays like they are 1 loss away from being eliminated in C-USA West.  IF UTSA wins, it is a 3-way between UTSA/La. Tech/UNT.  IF So. Miss wins, and we follow-up like wise with UTSA....I like our chances of representing the West....Maybe even hosting the Championship game!!!!!  How Cool would that be?!?!?!?

Thats a long way down the road, but with that being said... If we did get a championship game... We have to fill the stadium..

Bring back every team that has won a championship and do a champions weekend, with parents coming back as well.. do a 2nd parents weekend right after thanksgiving and before finals.. 

I know UTSA losing against S. Miss is best for us for conference win/loss perspective...but part of me wants S. Miss to win, which makes our win over them even more impressive... then we beat UTSA and that gives them 2 conference losses...

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Downvote 1

57 minutes ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

You do know that UTSA losing against S. Miss and S. Miss winning are the same thing, right?

Ha! You are so right... sorry for that lame analysis... got it all backward...oh well... We'll see who wins tomorrow....

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Is the USM/UTSA game on ESPN3? I’m looking and not seeing it scheduled and was hoping to watch it

I believe it'll be on Facebook.  I saw a link for it earlier in the week but can't find it now.

I'm looking forward to this game so we can finally get a reference on how good UTSA is.  Before last week you could not separate UTSA and USM based on what they've done this year.  My gut tells me they are and USM are close to each other and we'll have a good game.   

34 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Because every loss they suffer is a loss recruits see them take...and right now we need the "luster" to come off the fightin' two-pieces and a biscuit

You mean like this kind of luster?

IMG_2159.PNG.c603111d515b65df7714b8bfc6ad3907.PNG

Wanna knock off some of the shine from their bucket?  Beat their best team yet and send them home from Denton at 4-1..

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Because it's better for us.  We've already beaten USM. 

No it is not.  Beating a 4-0 is better than beating a 3-1.  I actually have to explain that?  What is it that your afraid of?

9 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

What does a flag in Fort Worth have to do with luster?

That UTSA actually had one there representing their school....and North Texas didn't.  

Are you that clueless or was this just your first attempt of the day at sarcasm?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Just now, FirefightnRick said:

No it is not.  Beating a 4-0 is better than beating a 3-1.  I actually have to explain that?  What is it that your afraid of?

That UTSA actually had one there representing their school....and North Texas didn't.  

Are you that clueless or was this just your first attempt of the day at sarcasm?

Rick

Don't you live in or very near Fort Worth and TCU?  Just a thought, but I mean, you could have worn your helmet and waved a flag instead of complaining that someone else didn't.  

Watched Game Day for a couple of hours and never even noticed the nUTSAck flag.

Not sarcasm, but it is a flag.  We're talking about a flag.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, FirefightnRick said:

I think you need to explain why UTSA winning helps us in any way?  Beating a 4-0 team is no difference than beating a 3-1 team.  It might matter if we were trying to move up the top 25 rankings but that's not the case here.  We've already got the tie break on USM and a loss by UTSA gives them a loss and could help us down the line when it comes winning the division.  Also, as Emmitt said, every loss by UTSA is a loss that the recruits see.  I'd rather UTSA leave Apogee at 3-2 than 4-1.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I believe it'll be on Facebook.  I saw a link for it earlier in the week but can't find it now.

I'm looking forward to this game so we can finally get a reference on how good UTSA is.  Before last week you could not separate UTSA and USM based on what they've done this year.  My gut tells me they are and USM are close to each other and we'll have a good game.   

https://www.facebook.com/StadiumCollegeFootball/

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Don't you live in or very near Fort Worth and TCU?  Just a thought, but I mean, you could have worn your helmet and waved a flag instead of complaining that someone else didn't.  

Watched Game Day for a couple of hours and never even noticed the nUTSAck flag.

Not sarcasm, but it is a flag.  We're talking about a flag.

Yes I do, and was in town this morning after getting off duty and was actually going to do it...AND DO IT BIG. 

But the more I thought about it as the day got closer and closer, the more I decided that..."You know what...it's not my $&@?ing place,... that for once it's time for one of the thousand other current students or younger alumns to step up".  

It's not my damn place this time, just like it's not Harry's, or MeanRob's, or Emmitt's, or Kram's or Silver's or KingDL's or SoundMan's or NT03's or ColoradoEagle's or Oldguy's and the countless others here whose busted ass and actually traveled, promoted, pushed for, paid for and fought to promote NT spirit for everyone else over the years.  I figured...this is an easy one for the the new generation.

So I didn't do it.  Thankfully, someone else did and I saw them at the very end of this morning's show.  Again, thanks to whoever that was.

Rick

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

38 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I think you need to explain why UTSA winning helps us in any way?  Beating a 4-0 team is no difference than beating a 3-1 team.  It might matter if we were trying to move up the top 25 rankings but that's not the case here.  We've already got the tie break on USM and a loss by UTSA gives them a loss and could help us down the line when it comes winning the division.  Also, as Emmitt said, every loss by UTSA is a loss that the recruits see.  I'd rather UTSA leave Apogee at 3-2 than 4-1.

Good lord?????

It matters In overall rankings and can affect bowl committee selections when you beat the best team you play and right now that's UTSA.

Rick

• Downvote 3