So. Miss vs UTSA

MeanGreen_MBA

Just now, TCUFrog said:

I guess I don't get it. They beat Baylor who is 0-5 they beat Southern that lost to S.Miss 45-0 and they beat 1-4 Texas State. Wait until that at least play someone.

I completely agree.  That's why I'm loving this match up today.  We've played USM so this should give us a good idea of what UTSA has to offer this year.  I'd put money on UTSA because I think they have the better quarterback but I am expecting a close game today and  would not be surprised if USM wins.

1 minute ago, FirefightnRick said:

Good lord?????

It matters In overall rankings and can affect bowl committee selections when you beat the best team you play and right now that's UTSA.

Rick

One game won't make much of a difference.  You know what would make a huge difference?  Winning the division title and a UTSA loss today makes that a little bit more likely.  

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Well gosh.........then with that logic it's a shame they're not 0-4 by next week, right? 

smh.

Rick

Exactly right. 

The goal is to have more wins than any other team in our division. If the other teams lose to each other, that makes our job that much easier.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Good lord?????

It matters In overall rankings and can affect bowl committee selections when you beat the best team you play and right now that's UTSA.

Rick

Just a reminder, we are in Conference USA. Our choice of bowls is pretty slim. I would much rather be in first place.

• Upvote 1