MGB: UNT's nonconference hoops slate out

Brett Vito

Finally! It's not that fancy on paper and very winnable. It's time to win! 

I'm no expert, but this has to be one of our worst home slates in recent memory, right? 

you should just go look at the UNT website between the years of say 06-12.... One great school and then the usual opponents of Jackson states, Cameron, Sam Houston state etc.... I will say I'm happy we have 8 home games but not that impressed with the schools. It's definitely a 10-2 type schedule. At least it should be....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

as in Benford showed up for about 4 hours, made a few calls and handed in his schedule? that's the only way I could possibly interpret this statement

It means we should win ten games. Will we? I'm going to wait and see but it's definitely a winnable schedule. Not fancy, but if we do win 10 there shouldn't be any complaints. 6-6 and we have issues!

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Why do we need to play SoIll 2X in the same season?

RV hear the fans wanted home and home games instead of single game paycheck games...

I could see us losing every away game, and probably 2-3 home games on that schedule. Shouldn't be more than that, but with the massive roster turnover (again) I think there will be chemistry problems early. Also, it's a Benford coached team so we are almost sure to lose at least one game we "shouldn't". We could also win one we shouldn't since that seems to happen every now and then under Benford too.

• Upvote 1

Thought I'd stop by the basketball board since I'm on your site this week and basketball is my sport. I've never been to a game at UNT but my plan is to attend a home game of all the metroplex schools this season. We play at hated TCU in December so I'll definitely be at that game, and I'm going to catch a game at UNT and UTA that doesn't conflict with SMU's schedule. As always, I can't wait for the hoops season to tip. 

Wow, I just looked at your OOC schedule, that's slim pickings. It reminds me of our former coach Matt Doherty's OOC schedules. Is La Tech the favorite in your conference this season? Or UAB? Maybe I'll try to get to one of those games. 

• Upvote 1

Thought I'd stop by the basketball board since I'm on your site this week and basketball is my sport. I've never been to a game at UNT but my plan is to attend a home game of all the metroplex schools this season. We play at hated TCU in December so I'll definitely be at that game, and I'm going to catch a game at UNT and UTA that doesn't conflict with SMU's schedule. As always, I can't wait for the hoops season to tip. 

Should be plenty of good seats available, no matter when you make it up to Denton. 

May want to bring a book or something, though. 

Wow, I just looked at your OOC schedule, that's slim pickings. It reminds me of our former coach Matt Doherty's OOC schedules. Is La Tech the favorite in your conference this season? Or UAB? Maybe I'll try to get to one of those games. 

How convenient!
Do you anticipate basketball still being your sport in about 2 years when Brown leaves and your program is under sanctions and back to losing?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

How convenient!Do you anticipate basketball still being your sport in about 2 years when Brown leaves and your program is under sanctions and back to losing?

I mean...since we've already got the losing down...would we not take three years of dirty success?

How convenient!Do you anticipate basketball still being your sport in about 2 years when Brown leaves and your program is under sanctions and back to losing?

I've always preferred basketball over any other sport. I've had SMU bball tickets since I graduated in 2004. So I have sat through a lot of bad basketball over the years, but I've really enjoyed the success of the last two seasons. As for sanctions, we will likely lose one scholarship and LB might have to sit out the first few games this season. We'll be fine. There are no plans or indications that we'll go back to the pre-LB days moving forward.

• Upvote 1