UNT socks

Denton Bicycle Center. 1700N. Elm (1/2 block s of University).

I love to tell thhis story...

I had a sales rep come in and show me some socks with school logos. Texas, A&M, Oklahoma. I asked, "Where are the North Texas socos ?" He said they had to have an order of a zillion pair to do a run for any school. i told him I (the store) would buy the mininum. so I've got plenty of socks to sell.

Please stop by. Open Monday - Saturday 9-6. OIpen every day save "Turkey holidays".

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 7

I had a sales rep come in and show me some socks with school logos. Texas, A&M, Oklahoma. I asked, "Where are the North Texas socos ?" He said they had to have an order of a zillion pair to do a run for any school. i told him I (the store) would buy the mininum. so I've got plenty of socks to sell.

Please stop by. Open Monday - Saturday 9-6. OIpen every day save "Turkey holidays".

GO MEAN GREEN

good to know i will be dropping in some time as well i also enjoy wearing Crazy socks

GO MEAN GREEN

I'll have to remember next time I'm in Denton. This is the best place to buy North Texas Battle Flags too!
  • Upvote 1

GO MEAN GREEN

Do you have UNT cycling jerseys? I've been looking for years...

barnes and noble is not a stadium donor

barnes and noble is not a unt alumn

barnes and noble is not a denton based business

barnes and noble does not have season tickets for football and basketball

barnes and noble has not been in denton located in the same place since I was in grade school

barnes and noble is not a judge in denton county

barnes and noble is not "legacy" denton

Joe Holland is all of the above

get the socks at the bicycle store, we need to help him get out from under the inventory

Agree 100%... Well said. Let's always try to support those businesses and individuals who do support the Mean Green! Socks anyone?

• Upvote 2

It is on my mind to buy a bicycle within the next couple years. Very excited to see we have a shop owner among our own.

Agreed I think ill be making this trip sooner than later

• Upvote 1

There should be a place on the forum where no one can edit except Harry or Fly or Kram, that lists unt alum owned businesses we could use/support that would be cool!!

• Upvote 3

I don't know what they look like, but I would be happy to drop by the shop and buy for folks who want a pair of the socks from Denton Bicycle Center...could mail them to folks as well. I will try to drop by in the next day or two to get price info and take a photo to post here..give me a day or two and I'll get it done.

You could PM me after that with your address for mailing or maybe a time we can meet up for personal delivery.

There should be a place on the forum where no one can edit except Harry or Fly or Kram, that lists unt alum owned businesses we could use/support that would be cool!!

Ha! I'm in!

• Upvote 1

Good chance they're made in China. Still, I'd give my business to the local retailer.

When I Say Stay local, i mean shop local and not the big commercial stores. To grow dentons economy you have to buy local even if the socks were made in China, you are still helping the small business owners.

• Upvote 1

I like GMG24's idea....I would expand this database to include Alumni busines owners, season ticket-holding business owners and those who are both. And that should be publicized in every place that North Texas students, alumni and fans commiserate and congregate.

Support those who support your school.

GMG

• Upvote 1

OK, so as I mentioned earlier I went by the shop to check out the socks, buy a few pair and get them to folks here who wanted them.  Well, and to post a photo as well.  I guess green joe is a bit "inventory challenged" as I was told by greenjoe's son who runs the shop that they were out except for the 3-5 pair of small sized socks hanging on the rack.  Now way I could even get my toes in those smalls.  He even went to the storeroom area and spent a good bit of time checking for more socks.  So, I guess they sold better than greenjoe's thought.  Sorry guys...unless you have very small feet and get there quick we are all out of luck on the UNT sock thing.

• Upvote 2