Disappointed

Poindexter

You're disappointed on one guy? And that guy is the father of a QB who lost his starting job? And that guy heard the same disgraceful things about his son that I heard on 9/11 of all days?

I'm disappointed in you Poindexter. Shoot, I'm disappointed in the lot of y'all. I was right there next to HickoryHouse when the security guard tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around expecting a friend or fellow fan wanting to say what's up. Instead, I was told to tone it down. Are you kidding me....

After the SMU game, I had the opportunity to talk to some coaches. Why was I graced with this opportunity? Well, I stick out in our crowd. When there's one guy who happens to be wearing a mask & cape going absolutely crazy for his team among a sea of people who look like they are at a funeral when in reality, they are at a college football game, it's easy to stick out. The coach had the same opinion I had on the fan base. Basically, y'all sit there and expect to be entertained. That's fine, you do you. You pay your money and you can make the decision how you want to act at a COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAME.

I believe there will be a good shot on Beyond The Green this week that will illustrate exactly what I am talking about. As the camera rolled, I turned around and yelled at everyone behind me to make some noise. Started waving my arms up and down and let everyone know they were on TV. I was met with blank stares. All these faces that just don't look happy to be at a COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAME.

This is my first go-round in the alumni section. From my student days starting in 2002 up until last year in the endzone, I knew it would be a challenge. I had always looked over at the alumni side and thought "Why so serious?"

Stop making so much damn noise with a keyboard and start contributing to the Apogee Advantage.

PS I'll be making wanted posters for myself for our next home game since my attempt to be a hero has turned me into a villain. Congrats MEANGREENNATION, you've made me the bad guy.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

I personally like to sit and just focus on the game, instead of standing and cheering the whole time. I don't mind those who do that btw, it's just not my thing. I enjoy the game all the same, it's just a different way of enjoying it than others.

Anyways, as for the topic of the thread. I do feel bad for Greer, the guy is only human after all. Granted I can't say I really want to see him throw another pass in a UNT uniform, but I do hope he's able to continue to play elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

I personally like to sit and just focus on the game, instead of standing and cheering the whole time. I don't mind those who do that btw, it's just not my thing. I enjoy the game all the same, it's just a different way of enjoying it than others.

Anyways, as for the topic of the thread. I do feel bad for Greer, the guy is only human after all. Granted I can't say I really want to see him throw another pass in a UNT uniform, but I do hope he's able to continue to play elsewhere.

I just hope he can keep his chin up and stay involved. After all, there's a lot of the season left.

This whole thread is full of some pretty strange stuff, but I guess I shouldn't have expected to click on a thread entitled "disappointed" and expect not to be disappointed by its contents. It is appropriately named, anyway.

tumblr_lvsw207LGe1qh8qbdo1_500.gif

I love sitting and watching the offense. I love the mask because it gives me tunnel vision. You'll find me chilling like a church mouse when we have the ball...with the exception of a well-executed play of course or any display of tough effort for that matter.

But, when the MEANGREEND is on the field. I stand. I yell. I clap. I make some noise. Why? Because OUR guys deserve it. For years, I had been transformed into Melvin Greene and was just one of the many mild-mannered fans at Apogee. I'm sorry I stick out a bit more. I'm different. I don't believe I should be. Even if you don't want to yell, you can clap your hands. You can have fun and get all the kids into it. It's not that hard, just cheer "North Texas" a few times followed by "fight".

Y'all truly disappointed me with the ovation of these kids. We should have been yelling and chanting for them for far, far longer. I stayed clapping and standing for them as long as I could. But, as was pointed out, I'm a strange cat.

Corbin Fanning & Michael Hope deserved much better.

#acureforCorbin

tumblr_lvsw207LGe1qh8qbdo1_500.gif

I love sitting and watching the offense. I love the mask because it gives me tunnel vision. You'll find me chilling like a church mouse when we have the ball...with the exception of a well-executed play of course or any display of tough effort for that matter.

But, when the MEANGREEND is on the field. I stand. I yell. I clap. I make some noise. Why? Because OUR guys deserve it. For years, I had been transformed into Melvin Greene and was just one of the many mild-mannered fans at Apogee. I'm sorry I stick out a bit more. I'm different. I don't believe I should be. Even if you don't want to yell, you can clap your hands. You can have fun and get all the kids into it. It's not that hard, just cheer "North Texas" a few times followed by "fight".

Y'all truly disappointed me with the ovation of these kids. We should have been yelling and chanting for them for far, far longer. I stayed clapping and standing for them as long as I could. But, as was pointed out, I'm a strange cat.

Corbin Fanning & Michael Hope deserved much better.

#acureforCorbin

Man, good for you. I tried, but have had some health issues. Reading this whole thing kinda reminds me of the advice Ray Wylie Hubbard's attorney gave him: "I recommend serious drinking".

• Upvote 2

MeanGreenD if you ever get lonely being the only one cheering just look to your left first row in the endzone and I will be there cheering and screaming my head off. I dont care if they throw water at me i would say thanks I was getting hot anyways and keep on screaming!! Go to the Box if you want to sip your tea and eat your cakes. Im sorry but i dont see a quite sign being held up by some guy telling the fans to be quite. Instead i see the jumbo screen saying get loud and pumping artificial sound into the stadium.. I get so bummed each time on third down it seems like we are loud until the artificial sound is turned off then its just me and a couple fans screaming. I got the unique privilege of celebrating with Dajon for his first touchdown in Apogee!!! I truly think he saw how crazy I was going when he walked into the endzone and he wanted to "reward" me for my cheering.

I know there are others, and I look forward to meeting you MGCoach2. I'm probably talking to a lot of people that don't bother to frequent this board anyway, but it's an outlet, right?

One of the first locked threads references that. GoMeanGreen.com history right there. At least I'm not coming on here and ripping young men who risk their health to play a game for our entertainment, right?

Keep it up, these guys really appreciate it. You earned that reward!

You're disappointed on one guy? And that guy is the father of a QB who lost his starting job? And that guy heard the same disgraceful things about his son that I heard on 9/11 of all days?

I'm disappointed in you Poindexter. Shoot, I'm disappointed in the lot of y'all. I was right there next to HickoryHouse when the security guard tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around expecting a friend or fellow fan wanting to say what's up. Instead, I was told to tone it down. Are you kidding me....

After the SMU game, I had the opportunity to talk to some coaches. Why was I graced with this opportunity? Well, I stick out in our crowd. When there's one guy who happens to be wearing a mask & cape going absolutely crazy for his team among a sea of people who look like they are at a funeral when in reality, they are at a college football game, it's easy to stick out. The coach had the same opinion I had on the fan base. Basically, y'all sit there and expect to be entertained. That's fine, you do you. You pay your money and you can make the decision how you want to act at a COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAME.

I believe there will be a good shot on Beyond The Green this week that will illustrate exactly what I am talking about. As the camera rolled, I turned around and yelled at everyone behind me to make some noise. Started waving my arms up and down and let everyone know they were on TV. I was met with blank stares. All these faces that just don't look happy to be at a COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAME.

This is my first go-round in the alumni section. From my student days starting in 2002 up until last year in the endzone, I knew it would be a challenge. I had always looked over at the alumni side and thought "Why so serious?"

Stop making so much damn noise with a keyboard and start contributing to the Apogee Advantage.

PS I'll be making wanted posters for myself for our next home game since my attempt to be a hero has turned me into a villain. Congrats MEANGREENNATION, you've made me the bad guy.

You haven't been yelled at to sit down yet, have you?

Amateur.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm always baffled by the criticism of fans on the alumni side. Maybe we should save our message board criticism for the fans NOT in the 10,000 or so empty seats every week. That is what holds back the atmosphere (which is actually pretty good), not the fans that may be a little older and not as vocal anymore. I think we should have a certain reverence for those fans among us who were around the last time we beat a ranked opponent 40 or so years ago.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I'm always baffled by the criticism of fans on the alumni side. Maybe we should save our message board criticism for the fans NOT in the 10,000 or so empty seats every week. That is what holds back the atmosphere (which is actually pretty good), not the fans that may be a little older and not as vocal anymore. I think we should have a certain reverence for those fans among us who were around the last time we beat a ranked opponent 40 or so years ago.

But.......did they wear costumes?

You know, I find this point very interesting in comparison to some other teams' games I've been to, particularly A&M. It's a beautiful sight as a college football fan being in Kyle Field seeing 90,000+ yelling at one time on NOT JUST THIRD DOWN. A&M fans yell on first, second, third, and fourth down as long as their defense is on the field. You can't hear yourself think and its amazing to be a part of and witness the sheer noise made on every single defensive snap for the aggies, regardless if you're 5 or 85. Then magically, on offense, it gets so quiet you can hear a pin drop. I sit on the student side(Senior this year) and am amazed at the lack of a)noise on first and second downs(last time I checked every defensive snap is important) and b)complete lack of common knowledge that you SHUT UP WHEN WE'RE ON OFFENSE. We may only crack 20k a game, but I know it can get loud, I've been a part of it, but it's amazing how many dumbfounded stares and snickers I get for yelling on first and second down on defense. So trust me, the student section does a decent job, but it can always be better on both sides. I don't mind the funny looks, I just want Apogee to do everything they can to help our team win

I yell on D to the point where I get mad headaches. It is what it is, just keep yelling. One of these days the stands will be full and it's going to be cool to be a part of. It may come sooner than we think. GMG

I'm personally all for people yelling and that's all well and good. I'm a younger alum and quite frankly I'm just not a very loud person and like to sit and enjoy the game. Sure when something big happens I'll get excited and stand but I'm not rabid but it surely doesn't make me any less of a fan for not yelling on the top of my lungs all game long.

MeanGreenD if you ever get lonely being the only one cheering just look to your left first row in the endzone and I will be there cheering and screaming my head off. I dont care if they throw water at me i would say thanks I was getting hot anyways and keep on screaming!! Go to the Box if you want to sip your tea and eat your cakes. Im sorry but i dont see a quite sign being held up by some guy telling the fans to be quite. Instead i see the jumbo screen saying get loud and pumping artificial sound into the stadium.. I get so bummed each time on third down it seems like we are loud until the artificial sound is turned off then its just me and a couple fans screaming. I got the unique privilege of celebrating with Dajon for his first touchdown in Apogee!!! I truly think he saw how crazy I was going when he walked into the endzone and he wanted to "reward" me for my cheering.

Coach and MeanGreenD:

I think that we are touching on something that has been mentioned ad nauseam on this board, that the down years have really hurt alum attendance and created an air of apathy at Apogee. As this new generation of alums comes along with a winning program and great experiences, as I did in the early aughts and I assume a great many of the excited "Young Gun Alums" did, then we should see more excitement on the alumni side. It is a stoic side to the stadium, the alumni side, and I suppose it is not meant to be as rowdy as the student section. However it needs more spirited and vocal fans are needed to really generate a solid and real "Apogee Advantage". Being told to sit down and cool it shouldn't happen and eventually it won't, but it will take enthusiastic and ommited alums to make that change.

Back to the original point...

As for Greer's father and other player parents: I would imagine that a great many of them were not, and probably are not Mean Green fans, at least not until their child became a player here. His disappointment is very understandable and his frustration is probably very palpable. Hopefully he can deal with those emotions without being outspokenly negative towards the team or unfairly criticized by a fan base whose vast majority of members does not understand his situation.

• Upvote 1