Kidsy for President

MeanGreen01

Kidsy lived up to the hype and guaranteed a TD when him and Dajon were on the field at the same time!! Great kid and was extremely appreciative for all the Mean Green support! He wouldn't stop thanking us for the support for this program! A great kid and representative for our program now and into the future!

I really hope the program will recognize him more and give him more attention. I know he is young but this is even more reason to do so. I'm confident he will be moving forward.

I would like to see him as the deep guy for the kickoff return team

• Upvote 4

He seems much more decisive in the return game. Not to knock Carlos Harris, but he dances too much and tries to make a TD return, every return. Kidsy makes his cut and goes. I would much rather see that on a return

I agree with this as well. He did say that he was a receiver and returned punts and kickoffs in HS so these positions are natural to him. I think this is why he isn't indecisive with his moves, they are more natural instincts if you will. Also,special team return personnel have to have top end speed, or that other gear, to finish the play and get 6.

• Upvote 3

One thing I did notice is speed, or lack thereof. Kidsy showed this, but Harris got caught real quick when he had a huge gainer. Was he injured? Marcus Smith is a long-strider, so I couldn't tell if he's got deceptive speed.

Saw Goree dressed on the sideline. What are his wheels like?

• Upvote 1

I don't think that they are going to get anywhere near the field this year unless something crazy happens.

That's disappointing. Maybe I am grading too harshly, but there doesn't seem to be much beyond Harris and Kidsy, with flashes from Smiley. Terrell is a great run blocker...

I would like an El Guapo sized stable of WRs.

One thing I did notice is speed, or lack thereof. Kidsy showed this, but Harris got caught real quick when he had a huge gainer. Was he injured? Marcus Smith is a long-strider, so I couldn't tell if he's got deceptive speed.

Saw Goree dressed on the sideline. What are his wheels like?

I agree. That's what I saw as well. As for Goree, I have a really hard time believing that he wouldn't make an impact on this team. At the same time, with the way the passing game was looking through the first three games I was thinking that it'd probably be best to just redshirt him. With Dajon in the mix now, I'm not sure. With 4 of our top 7 receivers being seniors (Terrell, Caldwell, Chelf, Teagarden) a redshirt makes sense. But can Tee bring something that those guys don't? Other than Terrell, he at least has the height advantage on those guys.

With DW starting the redshirt has to come off IMO. He is a legitimate threat and this would allow Carlos to go back to his natural position, slot. Play your best players at all times. The only positions I really like seeing redshirting are QB's and DL and of course overstocked positions. If a WR can have any kind of impact he's gotta play.

Seems like we have two good WRs and a good TE already out there. Unless something sputters, I'd hesitate to burn Goree's shirt.

We don't have a guy who can out run the first man and then out leap the safety for a ball. Goree can be that guy. He is a special player, one we haven't seen at WR. Here is what he did his senior year:

• Rated a three-star recruit by ESPN.com, Scout.com, 247Sports.com and Rivals.com

• Was named to MaxPreps.com All-American team after leading Carthage to a state title
• Was named to the Class 3A AP first-team all-state
• Was named to Dave Campbell's All-Texas High School first-team offense
• Named to the ETSN.fm East Texas Super Team first-team
• Made 89 catches for 1,744 yards with 28 touchdowns, all of which were school records and was a District 20-3A first-team selection
• His 28 touchdowns tied him for the fifth most in a single season in state history

We don't have a guy who can out run the first man and then out leap the safety for a ball. Goree can be that guy. He is a special player, one we haven't seen at WR. Here is what he did his senior year:

We don't, but if DW and Co are effectively running the offense, I think the question is a return of investment: do we burn Goree's redshirt if we don't really need him?