Breaking news — UNT player arrested over weekend

Harry

The actual charge is Evading Arrest/Detention. Often what will occur (in NO way am I assuming this occurred here) is that the officer will see suspicious behavior, stop you to investigate and you run away. The original act may no longer be investigatable because you've left the original location.

The real question is whether he (allegedly) evaded on foot or in a vehicle. The penalty grade is different.

It's actually called evading arrest or detention.

Sec. 38.04. EVADING ARREST OR DETENTION. (a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally flees from a person he knows is a peace officer or federal special investigator attempting lawfully to arrest or detain him.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/docs/PE/htm/PE.38.htm

so... I guess my comedy act clearly is not comical enough... i thought the 'Please, Try the fish!' would clear it up...

i'll do better next time...

• Upvote 1

Thanks for posting Vito and Harry... We appreciate it.

After talking to my brother and our parents- it's better that the real story comes out than your very crazy imaginations start to make assumptions. And I was asked to reply.

Saturday night most of the football team went to Fry Street to celebrate the win. After hanging out with some friends, instead of getting in the car with an intoxicated driver, John opted to walk back to the dorms instead. He was alone. As he was walking he passed by some university police. He went around a corner where he was no longer visible and started to run only to run into a police car at the end of the street. They saw him and saw that he was running, suspected that he was up to no good and he was arrested.

It was very stupid. He knows that and believe me he has been punished enough with the guilt of letting his coaches, team and the mean green Fanbase down. He has been suspended for La Tech only. He is The last kid that you would think that would get in trouble like this. His coaching staff could not even believe that it was him and questioned that they had the wrong name. But regardless, he is taking responsibility and understands the consequences of his lax judgment.

I would appreciate it if you would all take that into consideration before any further posts. There are no excuses. But, for anyone on here that has never made a mistake- feel free to throw your stones.

He is beating himself up enough.

*** on a sidenote- knowing that more than a few of you have my contact information: It is a little disappointing that you did not contact me to clarify before posting.

He seems like a good kid to me, and based on your posts and others' accounts of meeting you, it runs in the family.

This incident doesn't change that at all for me. We all make mistakes.

Hopefully he's well-rested and ready to go for Nichols St.!

• Upvote 3

I wish stuff like this wouldn't be in the papers. Something like "John Schilleci has been suspended for one game for violation of team rules" is the very most that the fans need to know about something like this. Past that is just gossip.

Praying for John, and I'm glad to have him on the team.

GMG

Beat La. Tech

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I wish stuff like this wouldn't be in the papers. Something like "John Schilleci has been suspended for one game for violation of team rules" is the very most that the fans need to know about something like this. Past that is just gossip.

GMG

Beat La. Tech

Agreed.

And Thank you, guys.

• Upvote 3

GMG

Beat La. Tech

I agree, but at the same time, the DRC is reporting the available information. I can't say that I blame them for report, but I wish it could have been different.

Open letter to #19:

Well since I am pretty damn perfect, I am one who is perfectly qualified to cast stones. However, at this time I choose not to. I will let you off this time John.

You better thank your lucky stars. My opinion of you and every other player on this team is pretty damn important. For example, earlier in the week I said we should open up the QB position and look what happened on Saturday. Clearly, I move and I shake.

Do not start to think I am not collecting my 'rocks of judgement' for the next time you get arrested for running.

No quarter next time!

Love, The Father of my Adopted and Beloved One and Only Son Pegram

• Upvote 3