FIRE BENFORD

cdizzle86

The highest average attendance for men's basketball was 4,000 in J.J.'s last year, and has dropped to 2,500 in 2014.[numbers close enough for government work] I believe T.B. was a bad hire, and we should cut our loses. Having said that, if 1/3 of attendance is students, that gives you a paying fan base of about 1,700 or so. Not exactly a strong base, either in numbers or dollars. I don't know where the money would come from for a buy out nor to hire an experienced coach. In addition, we are losing money on the sport, and I don't see why anyone we would want would want us nor be affordable. Bottom line: we are an ugly eagle.

There has been no where close to a 2500 average in the games I have attended, although the announced attendance was over that. There are a lot of people I think like me who have season tickets that are counted that now go to few games.

My estimate and I went to almost all the home games before this year, is that about 2/3 of the actual attendance has disappeared from the point that JJ had build it.

• Upvote 1

What's your outlook towards next year's team? With 8 players back, including 4 starters (Alzee Williams the lone graduating starter), as well all of our posts back, and the potential additions of Wesley, Combs, Deandre Harris, Carrington Ward, and another player. Likely a JUCO PG.

You still have to hold your breath on all the players making it in, as that has been a major problem during the Benford era. Especially with a couple of those incoming guys having some grade hiccups in the past. But next year could be Benny's first full roster of 13 scholarship players eligible and healthy.

If you're basing returns on passing grades, I wouldn't recommend holding your breath on all 8 of those 'returning' players actually returning.

If you're basing returns on passing grades, I wouldn't recommend holding your breath on all 8 of those 'returning' players actually returning.

Yeah, but 7 of those 8 will be seniors, so not much reason to transfer. Especially considering only 1 of those 7 has graduated, so the other 6 can't use the graduate transfer rule for inmediate eligibility elsewhere. And the 1 who has graduated already used that rule to transfer here (Gaines). Then the only non-senior of those 8 is Maurice Aniefiok, who will be a 4th year junior and who is at his 3rd college, so I'd imagine he just wants to settle here.

Can't completely exclude the possibility of transfers, but they just wouldn't make sense from those returners.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, but 7 of those 8 will be seniors, so not much reason to transfer. Especially considering only 1 of those 7 has graduated, so the other 6 can't use the graduate transfer rule for inmediate eligibility elsewhere. And the 1 who has graduated already used that rule to transfer here (Gaines). Then the only non-senior of those 8 is Maurice Aniefiok, who will be a 4th year junior and who is at his 3rd college, so I'd imagine he just wants to settle here.

Can't completely exclude the possibility of transfers, but they just wouldn't make sense from those returners.

I thought RushnStudies was (vaguely) referring to some on the team not making the grades to stay eligible. :o

Edited by UNTFan23

Pretty much.... He got you to buy season tickets you never used. Sounds like a win in the ADs book. So sarcasm yes.

Even if you were being serious, un-engaged season ticket holders tend to become individual game ticket buyers and suddenly you're losing out on some revenue.

• Upvote 1

I won't be buying season tickets next season, I will buy game tickets if i want to attend a game.

Are you sure tickets will be available to walk up fans on game day?

I was lucky to have a fan walk up and give me a spare ticket to that sold out first game of the season. You know, that barn burner against 2nd year program Northwood.

Right? Impending WWIII in Crimea is 10 times less depressing.

At least no one in that thread is saying: Putin's fault? Putin didn't invade the Crimea, the Black Sea Troopers did! I happen to hang out with a lot of autocratic despots and if you blame this on Putin you are just showing low Geo Political IQ.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

At least no one in that thread is saying: Putin's fault? Putin didn't invade the Crimea, the Black Sea Troopers did! I happen to hang out with a lot of autocratic despots and if you blame this on Putin you are just showing low Geo Political IQ.

Is it weird if I feel like this post has the potential to save this thread?

• Upvote 1

At least Ukraine is in the demilitarized zone, trying to prevent Russia from launching long range attacks.

This is the best thing that's happened around this place in a long time.

Over/Under on someone starting an "Andrei" account?

• Upvote 2

At least Ukraine is in the demilitarized zone, trying to prevent Russia from launching long range attacks.

I wish we'd learn from history. You have to watch the big boys, especially those old German teams, run the 2-3 zone to see how it is capable of shutting a country down. Japan tried to play more of that old, JJ street ball, launch it from anywhere kamikaze style, but, ultimately, the U.S. was able to exploit a giant hole in the middle.

HOWEVER, always be carefull about pride. After all, fighting a two-front, 2-3 zone match is what many historians say did Germany in.

• Upvote 6

I wish we'd learn from history. You have to watch the big boys, especially those old German teams, run the 2-3 zone to see how it is capable of shutting a country down. Japan tried to play more of that old, JJ street ball, launch it from anywhere kamikaze style, but, ultimately, the U.S. was able to exploit a giant hole in the middle.

HOWEVER, always be carefull about pride. After all, fighting a two-front, 2-3 zone match is what many historians say did Germany in.

I thought it was rather obvious that the Germans were philandering, lazy, whiners who, despite fantastic leadership under General Paulus, could not capture Stalingrad.

• Upvote 1

At least that's what Paulus' boss implied on that podcast...

Look, I'm not saying the Fuhrer is blameless. But if you aren't showing up at the rallies, clapping and cheering... Can you really say that you support the Reichstag? I don't think you can.

Look, I'm not saying the Fuhrer is blameless. But if you aren't showing up at the rallies, clapping and cheering... Can you really say that you support the Reichstag? I don't think you can.

I think if I see the Fuhrer give up 20 miles of land around Omaha/Utah/Gold/Juno, then I'll be concerned.

What's that? He lost this much on the day the Allies landed? Well, this is probably the soldiers' fault. He cant actually get out there and man the turrets himself.

I'll need to see the Fuhrer give up Paris before I get concerned.

What's that? He lost Paris 2 months later? Well, obviously the Allies were shooting lights out. Nothing he could really do. Total aberration.

I'll need to see the Fuhrer give up France before I get concerned...

• Upvote 6