FIRE BENFORD

cdizzle86

I wish we'd learn from history. You have to watch the big boys, especially those old German teams, run the 2-3 zone to see how it is capable of shutting a country down. Japan tried to play more of that old, JJ street ball, launch it from anywhere kamikaze style, but, ultimately, the U.S. was able to exploit a giant hole in the middle.

HOWEVER, always be carefull about pride. After all, fighting a two-front, 2-3 zone match is what many historians say did Germany in.

Certainly. If everyone here shot around with other enthusiasts at the gun range on weekends for a little bit, they'd realize that Sun Tzu would have done the exact same thing. I dunno, I guess I'm just a fan of wars. Win or lose, I'll still be here.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 4

I thought RushnStudies was (vaguely) referring to some on the team not making the grades to stay eligible. :o

*cough*

I didn't saaay that, exactly.

*cough cough*

Edited to add: Aaaand of course, I see the WWII posts after mine.....pardon the interruption. Please carry on. They're quite entertaining.

Edited by RushnStudies
  • Upvote 1

I appreciate how hard you guys are trying for fun.

Right? You want to get back on board with fun...it looks like fun is starting to click and build some momentum...but in the back of your mind you just know fun is going to be replaced in two minutes by Brandon Walton for him to go 0-5 from three.

• Upvote 3

I think I'd rather they get busted for pot then have grade issues. Athletes should never have grade issues unless they are engineering majors or something really challenging. 99% if the time it's just complete laziness.

You might be be surprised. A good portion- and I'm not hinting at any particular athlete or team- of the ones I have come into contact with have serious problems with reading, writing, and general comprehension and communication. Asking those students to write a research paper produces some really alarming results sometimes.

You might be be surprised. A good portion- and I'm not hinting at any particular athlete or team- of the ones I have come into contact with have serious problems with reading, writing, and general comprehension and communication. Asking those students to write a research paper produces some really alarming results sometimes.

That brings up a whole other issue of admission standards for athletes. I'm more talking about entitled laziness. There's a lot of that, too. ;-)

• Upvote 1

That brings up a whole other issue of admission standards for athletes. I'm more talking about entitled laziness. There's a lot of that, too. ;-)

It also raises questions about the education they receive prior to attending a university and how they are treated at those institutions for their athletic abilities.

• Upvote 5

I'm more talking about entitled laziness. There's a lot of that, too. ;-)

Oh, heck yeah, there is. And then I go to a basketball game and see a student-athlete who I know for a fact made horrible grades last semester....and he/she is announced as having a high enough GPA to be on the President's List. Whaaaaa......?