Thoughts from the UNT signing day event

emmitt01

6) All you fashionistas will appreciate this one. RV said the SOW is going to stay so no more "North Texas" on the side. Said we'd see some tweaks but that the green and white jerseys would stand pat.

this is all i saw... we are talking about helmets, right?

• Upvote 5

6) All you fashionistas will appreciate this one. RV said the SOW is going to stay so no more "North Texas" on the side. Said we'd see some tweaks but that the green and white jerseys would stand pat. YES!

10)He warned the QB's in attendance that they would be live during practice and that they were gonna get lit up. Hell yeah.

Thanks for this from an out of towner.

• Upvote 2

Green Helmet White SOW

White Helmet Green SOW

Make it Happen!!!!

• Upvote 3

I was able to make the event as well. Great recap by Emmit. I thought it was funny to watch Emmit's face during some of the more controversial discussion points. I could almost predict this post.

So anyway, the food was great. Too great, I had way to much but it was worth it.

They handed out some very nice smallish posters of the HOD bowl trophy and the players holding it up. Also enjoyed the NT cups they were giving out as well.

I was entering the elevator on the way up and Skladany and Wintrich got on with me an these two gals. Luckily our faces did not melt.

They were playing the HOD recap video on all screens including the jumbos outside. This was my first view from the club area and WOW. So this is how the 1%ers do it... :phone:

They were taking questions from the crowd and the atmosphere was very lively.

I thought the neatest points that I remembered were from RV and Mac related to the large crowd at the HOD. RV said he was watching the game half the time and the crowd the other. Dan said that seeing the crowd at the end of the game and holding up the trophy is something that he will never forget.

• Upvote 1

Coach MaC wondered why we can get 35-39,000 at the Heart of Dallas Bowl, yet we cannot get 31,000 to Apogee.

I could see a real frustration in MaC's face and tone when he spoke about this. RV asked the crowd last night to each bring one new person to the games.

Coach Mac also said the NT-Texas game would be a nationally televised game. Probably to see the 2014 Mean Green. Although some might tune in to see the new coached team at Texas.

Beat Texas

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 3

5) I asked point blank who some names were that they saw stepping in to fill the shoes of the graduated D-linemen and the answer was pretty vague. I attribute a good deal of this to the DL coach being new and a lot also to there really being no clear cut leaders to step in. Mac did say that he wants a rotation of 8-10 guys ("like I had at Florida when we won a national title"). One interesting tidbit is that the new DL coach Kelvin Patrick (sp?) said that this year's guys would be more athletic.

Thanks for the excellent report.....I want to add one more thing that was said in response to your D Line question to Coach Mac. After Coach Patrick spoke, Coach Mac did point out that he was impressed with what he has seen of Syd Moore. I don't remember specifically if he was talking about Syd's off season or his chances for next season but it is still encouraging to hear a good report on a young DT.

Edited by Green59
  • Upvote 5

Sometimes I think our assessment of signees is like 2 people seeing a car wreck. One says the truck hit the car,the other says the car hit the truck. Rivals ranks our class as #107 in nation,#14 in conference.Granted we signed a smaller class than most, but 107th?14th? Are we watching the same movie as Rivals?Perhaps a better way to grade a class is to divide the total number of players sighed into total numbers of players stars to get an average ranking per player, though I haven't taken the time to do so and don't know for sure if it changes overall ranking.

Edited by wardly

Sometimes I think our assessment of signees is like 2 people seeing a car wreck. One says the truck hit the car,the other says the car hit the truck. Rivals ranks our class as #107 in nation,#14 in conference.Granted we signed a smaller class than most, but 107th?14th? Are we watching the same movie as Rivals?

they probably skipped the movie and went straight for the cliff notes...

Sometimes I think our assessment of signees is like 2 people seeing a car wreck. One says the truck hit the car,the other says the car hit the truck. Rivals ranks our class as #107 in nation,#14 in conference.Granted we signed a smaller class than most, but 107th?14th? Are we watching the same movie as Rivals?Perhaps a better way to grade a class is to divide the total number of players sighed into total numbers of players stars to get an average ranking per player, though I haven't taken the time to do so and don't know for sure if it changes overall ranking.

Rivals is old news and they apparently don't put the work in in Texas that they should. We had the second most 3 stars in the conference according to a compilation of major recruiting sites.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the excellent report.....I want to add one more thing that was said in response to your D Line question to Coach Mac. After Coach Patrick spoke, Coach Mac did point out that he was impressed with what he has seen of Syd Moore. I don't remember specifically if he was talking about Syd's off season or his chances for next season but it is still encouraging to hear a good report on a young DT.

In talking with my source, He is very impressed with Syd Moore . The transfer LB from Oregon is very much the "Real Deal".

• Upvote 7