2014 C-USA football schedule released today

Harry

The 2014 alignment will feature seven teams in the East Division and six teams in the West Division. FIU, Florida Atlantic, Marshall, Middle Tennessee, Old Dominion, UAB and WKU comprise the East Division, while Louisiana Tech, North Texas, Rice, Southern Miss, UTEP and UTSA make up the West Division.

http://www.conferenceusa.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020314aad.html

here you go

• Upvote 1

Not a bad schedule. FAU will be tough next year. Ending up in San Antonio might be a big game.

014 North Texas Football Schedule

Aug. 30 at Texas
Sept. 6 vs. SMU
Sept. 13 vs. La Tech*
Sept. 20 vs. Nicholls State
Sept. 27 Bye
Oct. 4 at Indiana
Oct. 11 at UAB*
Oct. 18 vs. Southern Miss*
Oct. 25 at Rice*
Nov. 1 Bye
Nov. 8 vs. Florida Atlantic*
Nov. 15 at UTEP*
Nov. 22 vs. FIU*
Nov. 29 at UTSA*
*C-USA game

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 2

10 games inside the state of Texas. That has to be good for recruiting. Also, by them matching us up vs. UTSA the last game of the season indicates to me they expect both teams to be in the running for the divisional championship. I expect UTSA to end up being our main rival within the conference. Last years loss still tastes bad. Can't wait for some more football.

• Upvote 3

Quick thoughts:

UAB will join our division next year once Charlotte joins CUSA as an east division team, but they will be in the east this year. We still get to play them in Birmingham on October 11th. Very winnable road game, which brings me to my next point.

Road games: Rice and UTSA on the road will be tough, but they should be winnable. Especially if they have trouble replacing their qbs (I think they will). UAB and UTEP will both be road games we should win. I have a feeling UTEP will be the most improved team in our division, especially if Showers stays healthy.

Home games: La Tech (4-8), USM (1-11), FAU (6-6), and FIU (1-11). Couple those guys with Nicholls State and we have 5 home games that our chances look good in, although too early to truly tell. USM should be much improved as well. If we beat SMU in Apogee on September 6th then we should be looking solid going forward with the other 5 home games.

We duck MUTS, Marshall, WKU, and Old Dominion. FAU could make a case that they are better than one or two of those teams, but it looks like we got the bottom two teams from the east (FIU and UAB). Again, too early to tell.

The season starts soon, right?

Quick thoughts:

UAB will join our division next year once Charlotte joins CUSA as an east division team, but they will be in the east this year. We still get to play them in Birmingham on October 11th. Very winnable road game, which brings me to my next point.

Road games: Rice and UTSA on the road will be tough, but they should be winnable. Especially if they have trouble replacing their qbs (I think they will). UAB and UTEP will both be road games we should win. I have a feeling UTEP will be the most improved team in our division, especially if Showers stays healthy.

Home games: La Tech (4-8), USM (1-11), FAU (6-6), and FIU (1-11). Couple those guys with Nicholls State and we have 5 home games that our chances look good in, although too early to truly tell. USM should be much improved as well. If we beat SMU in Apogee on September 6th then we should be looking solid going forward with the other 5 home games.

We duck MUTS, Marshall, WKU, and Old Dominion. FAU could make a case that they are better than one or two of those teams, but it looks like we got the bottom two teams from the east (FIU and UAB). Again, too early to tell.

Quick thoughts:

It was assumed by many that hey would go ahead and join the west this year , but I'm glad we got them on the schedule. It's a very doable road trip Edited by NT03

It was assumes they would go ahead and join the west this year , but I'm glad we got them on the schedule. It's a road trip that's very doable

I agree. I wouldn't be completely opposed to them being a road game in 2015 as well, once the schedules get re-done. The funny thing is, Birmingham is about the same distance as El Paso.

glad we finally have the schedule out. there's plenty of good on there

the bad: only one home game over the span of 49 days - Southern Miss, Oct. 18th. That's a long time with no football at the friendly confines of Apogee Stadium. purely selfish on my part though, I'm sure :)

my guess is HC will be Southern Miss or, most likely, FAU

• Upvote 1

the bad: only one home game over the span of 49 days - Southern Miss, Oct. 18th. That's a long time with no football at the friendly confines of Apogee Stadium. purely selfish on my part though, I'm sure :)

I hope its against FAU after a bye to kick off November.

• Upvote 1

Man ... CUSA doesn't like us to be home in October. Nov 8th seems late to be HC so I'd expect USM to be HC. No home game after Thanksgiving ... no game the day after Halloween.

10 dates in Texas is really the only redeeming factors for this one. I would have loved to see Marshall in Apogee this year.

Agreed! Marshall would have been an intriguing match up and a treat to play them in Apogee. Can't complain about 10 games in Texas this year... even though traveling to El Paso would be like traveling to another state or two in terms of distance.

A FAU homecoming might be the better option. Use the draw of HC to counteract the lack of draw of the opponent.

• Upvote 1