Helmet Ideas

cdizzle86

Not a fan of stickers. Love the interlocking NT, but just glad to see a change.If Rick goes to letters,it is my understanding he will be hard pressed by administration to use UNT, which I really don't like.

I smell Lee Jackson somewhere...

• Upvote 1

Green helmet, white SOW. it's the obvious choice

I completely agree.

Is it only me that thinks this team has a serious identity problem? I've mentioned this before regarding all the black. Here's the deal - Someone that's not that familiar with UNT tunes in to the bowl game. They see a team called the Mean Green, but they're wearing all black & have an eagle on their helmet. From an outsider's view, this has to look strange. We all like it because we know UNT, but these combos just don't fit. This was pretty obvious on other fans' boards making these comments. I think putting Mean Green out there as our official name was a bad choice. Should have stuck with the Eagles (since our logo is an eagle) & left Mean Green as a nickname. Like everyone else, I love the nickname, but I think it should have stayed as that. I believe that from a business/marketing standpoint all this does is confuse people. No consistency.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

With the advent of Eugene Levy eagle the helmet stickers should be eyebrows.

And I don't mean have a lot of little eyebrows all over the helmet, just that the more plays you make the larger that one pair of eyebrow stickers gets.

One great ST play = Thin Greta Garbo eyebrows.

14 sack season = Full on Eugene Levy.

The stickers should also actually be furry, we could be the trendsetters instead of Oregon!

1st team CUSA - full on unibrow?

I've always thought of using a "gradiant" effect on our helmets. From the bottom of the helmet, start with a black or extremely dark green, then gradually move the color to our current green. Sort of like this-

helmet-45eagledarkgradient_zpse7db35b2.j

The wings of the SOW white eagle wraps to the top. Or, use the style of wings in the first post, but in white.

• Upvote 1