Houston Getting Whipped.

Danish43

Done, tool. Didn't even deserve a bowl game. Beat the bottom of the AAC all year. Gonna stop posting on all 11 of the other Texas schools boards to hide your shame that you just got your ass handled by Vandy and traveled 100 fans?

Bottom of AAC > all of CUSA.

We also ran UTSA out of the Alamodome, a team UNT struggled with and lost to on their home field. We also smacked Rice, (like we usually have over these last 40+ years) who happened to be the CUSA champion. It's safe to say that if we were still in CUSA, we would have easily won the West and the entire conference virtually unopposed.

It's not even a close comparison between North Texas and Houston success this season.

Houston had only 7 FBS victories this season including only two wins over bowl teams: Rice (by 5 points), Rutgers (who finished the season at 5-7 in FBS play with all 5 wins against teams having horrible seasons)

North Texas had 9 FBS victories this season including four victories over bowl teams: Ball State, Middle Tennessee, Rice, and UNLV (and won those by an average of 17 points)

And if there's still any doubt remaining the seasons success, please compare the North Texas Bowl Champion Rings to the Houston bowl participation ribbons.

Look at UNT's schedule. You guys didn't beat or even play anybody worth a crap outside of Georgia. DCTF will keep both us and Tech ahead of UNT and rightfully so. Both of us would go at least 11-1 with UNT's schedule. (The only game in doubt would be UGA obviously)

• Downvote 3

It's not even a close comparison between North Texas and Houston success this season.

Houston had only 7 FBS victories this season including only two wins over bowl teams: Rice (by 5 points), Rutgers (who finished the season at 5-7 in FBS play with all 5 wins against teams having horrible seasons)

North Texas had 9 FBS victories this season including four victories over bowl teams: Ball State, Middle Tennessee, Rice, and UNLV (and won those by an average of 17 points)

And if there's still any doubt remaining the seasons success, please compare the North Texas Bowl Champion Rings to the Houston bowl participation ribbons.

UH's losses

BYU by 1 point (8-5 team that beat UT by 19)

UCF by 5 (12-1. beat the Big XII champ scoring 52 on them. Only loss was to top 10 SEC team. Top 10 finish?)

Louisville by 7 (12-1. Top 15 finish?)

Cincinnati by 7 (9-4)

Vanderbilt (9-4 SEC team. Top 25 Finish?)

So 3 of our 5 losses came to teams that are probably going to be ranked, 2 in the top 15.

UNT's losses

Ohio by 6 (7-6 MAC team. Lost to Louisville by 42)

Georgia by 24 (8-5 SEC team that lost to our SEC bowl opponent)

Tulane by 3 (7-6 CUSA team)

UTSA by 8 (7-5 CUSA team that lost by 31 to UH)

All losses to team finishing unranked.

So tell me how UH's losses are worse than UNT's losses.

But MeanGreener's quote is funny: "Didn't even deserve a bowl game. Beat the bottom of the AAC all year."

Some of UNT's wins:

1-11 USM (1 win in 2 seasons)

1-11 Idaho (2 wins in 2 seasons)

2-10 UTEP

3-9 Tulsa

4-8 La Tech

And yes we beat the bottom of the AAC, but we also beat CUSA's champ and CUSA West's 2nd place, 2 teams that finished tied or ahead of UNT in the conference standings.

Do you think you'd beat the top teams in the AAC which we also lost to?

Do you think you'd do better than Baylor against UCF?

Do you think you'd do better than Ohio against Louisville? You should but considering you lost to Ohio, maybe not.

Do you think you'd do better than UT against BYU?

Do you think you'd do better than Georgia did against Vanderbilt?

And yes Rutgers sucked (despite going to a bowl), but we beat them by 35. Did you beat every team worse than Rutgers by 35?

But I know all of the hate is because of Cougar King. Don't hate UH because of it's worst "fans." After all, he was banned on UH's own board. Don't know why you don't ban him from here too.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Do you think you'd beat the top teams in the AAC which we also lost to? 1-2, we'd beat Cincy

Do you think you'd do better than Baylor against UCF? No

Do you think you'd do better than Ohio against Louisville? Yes

Do you think you'd do better than UT against BYU? Yes

Do you think you'd do better than Georgia did against Vanderbilt? Yes

And yes Rutgers sucked (despite going to a bowl), but we beat them by 35. Did you beat every team worse than Rutgers by 35? No

Houston is a good team and good program. Cougar Queen has surely made it easy to dislike UH but just about every UH person I have known via the interweb or real life have been nice and sensible people. Other than UH's link to the SWC I really consider us and UH on a similar level in terms of profile and potential for the future if thinks keep on trending up. They're ahead of us right now IMO but we always talk about following Boise's model but we also have UH's model we can follow football wise. Personally I think it'd be great if we became primary rivals of one another.

• Upvote 1

UH's losses

UCF by 5 (12-1. beat the Big XII champ scoring 52 on them. Only loss was to top 10 SEC team. Top 10 finish?)

Cincinnati by 7 (9-4)

So 3 of our 5 losses came to teams that are probably going to be ranked, 2 in the top 15.

UNT's losses

But MeanGreener's quote is funny: "Didn't even deserve a bowl game. Beat the bottom of the AAC all year."

Some of UNT's wins:

2-10 UTEP

3-9 Tulsa

4-8 La Tech

And yes we beat the bottom of the AAC, but we also beat CUSA's champ and CUSA West's 2nd place, 2 teams that finished tied or ahead of UNT in the conference standings.

Do you think you'd do better than Ohio against Louisville? You should but considering you lost to Ohio, maybe not.

And yes Rutgers sucked (despite going to a bowl), but we beat them by 35. Did you beat every team worse than Rutgers by 35?

But I know all of the hate is because of Cougar King. Don't hate UH because of it's worst "fans." After all, he was banned on UH's own board. Don't know why you don't ban him from here too.

Houston looked like shit the other day and their stadium looks like a legos and erector set deluxe edition Should have built it smaller as to afford more brick and concrete, Coogies? First high wind coming off Galveston Bay could blow the whole damn thing down.

Alabama_Front.jpg

:hair::crazysmile:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

I agree with Green Mean. I know many UH fans and they are all very nice and supportive of us when we aren't playing them. I do the same for UH. Cougar Queen is one fan, a fan banned from his own school's board, that happens to also be their most vocal fan with the fans of other schools. Because of this, many people dislike Houston. That d-bag even ran over to UNLV's board spreading B.S. about how we came up with the Mean Green nickname. Because of him, I enjoyed watching UH get their asses handed to them by a typical SEC doormat.

I agree with Green Mean. I know many UH fans and they are all very nice and supportive of us when we aren't playing them. I do the same for UH. Cougar Queen is one fan, a fan banned from his own school's board, that happens to also be their most vocal fan with the fans of other schools. Because of this, many people dislike Houston. That d-bag even ran over to UNLV's board spreading B.S. about how we came up with the Mean Green nickname. Because of him, I enjoyed watching UH get their asses handed to them by a typical SEC doormat.

This subject is decades old, but still count how many times we've actually played--just not that many times.

You ought to hear Abner Haynes personal account of the first time his UNT team played at UH.

Sunshine, Lollypop and Rainbows this subject all you want but it ain't going to happen

too many more times in most of your futures, either; but look at the good side of all this, we do have a home game with Nichols State this Fall instead of schools like UH.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

This subject is decades old, but still count how many times we've actually played.

You ought to hear Abner Haynes personal account of the first time his UNT team played at UH.

Sunshine, Lollypop and Rainbows this subject all you want but it ain't going to happen

too many more times in most of your futures, either; but look at the good side of all this, we do have a home game with Nichols State this Fall instead of schools like UH.

If you have to go back to 1959 to be offended, you're having to work at it. I'm guessing at that period of time it was probably a racial thing because UH hadn't integrated yet. But things have changed since then. If it's something else, I'd like to hear the story.

• Upvote 3

UH's losses

Cincinnati by 7 (9-4)

UNT's losses

Some of UNT's wins:

2-10 UTEP

3-9 Tulsa

4-8 La Tech

Houston only had one good win (Rice) and one mediocre win (UTSA) as far as I can tell. Am I missing something?

Houston is a good program, but the on field accomplishments of UNT were better this year.

• Upvote 2

Houston only had one good win (Rice) and one mediocre win (UTSA) as far as I can tell. Am I missing something?

Houston is a good program, but the on field accomplishments of UNT were better this year.

Debatable, but definitely not conclusive in favor of either team. UNT did not play a single team that is going to finish ranked. Take away 3 of UNT's mediocre wins and replace them with losses to ranked teams and what does UNT's record look like? Worse than UH's. And that's not even considering whether Cinci or BYU are better than most of UNT's schedule.

You're only looking at wins. Why not losses? UNT had multiple mediocre (at best) losses (Ohio, UTSA, Tulane). UH's "mediocre" losses? BYU and Cinci maybe? Both of those teams are MUCH better than Ohio, UTSA, and Tulane. Prior to the bowls, both of those teams were ranked higher (Massey composite) than any team UNT beat and better than all but 1 team on your entire schedule.

Why would any poster from a school who just lost a bowl game want to seemedly vent on the message board of a school which just won theirs? Have I missed another trend in college smack boards here?

Our 2 schools won't be playing any time soon especially since North Texas is apparently back in win cycle mode so what's the point of all this..........really?

Only one missing in all this now is GL2Greatness, Todge-Rodge and "Someone" from the MWC board--college smack boards' holy trinity all in one.

• Upvote 1

The two teams are pretty similar based on the BCS rankings. A match-up between the two would have been interesting this year. I put UTSA in as #90 in the BCS rankings as they're not officially ranked, that just seems about right.

North Texas

Average Loss - 66

Average Win - 86

Worst Loss - 90 (UTSA)

Best Win - 33 (Rice)

Houston

Average Loss - 27

Average Win - 88

Worst Loss - 40 (BYU)

Best Win - 33 (Rice)

UH had no games against teams ranked between 40-81, so it's really difficult to determine their ceiling. While they also edged out Rice for a win, that's their best win until you get to #82 Rutgers. UNT had wins against #33 Rice, #35 Ball State, #70 Middle Tennessee, and #74 UNLV.

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 1

Why would any poster from a school who just lost a bowl game want to seemedly vent on the message board of a school which just won theirs? Have I missed another trend in college smack boards here?

Our 2 schools won't be playing any time soon especially since North Texas is apparently back in win cycle mode so what's the point of all this..........really?

Only one missing in all this now is GL2Greatness, Todge-Rodge and "Someone" from the MWC board--college smack boards' holy trinity all in one.

Because I'm here whether UH and UNT are good or bad. Lived in Denton 5 years and have lived in Providence Village (Denton schools) for 10 years. So I follow UNT football. When I see UNT fans trashing UH (primarily because of Cougar King), I try to provide a more balanced view of the UH fan.

• Upvote 1

The two teams are pretty similar based on the BCS rankings. A match-up between the two would have been interesting this year. I put UTSA in as #90 in the BCS rankings as they're not officially ranked, that just seems about right.

North Texas

Average Loss - 66

Average Win - 86

Worst Loss - 90 (UTSA)

Best Win - 33 (Rice)

Houston

Average Loss - 27

Average Win - 88

Worst Loss - 40 (BYU)

Best Win - 33 (Rice)

UH had no games against teams ranked between 40-81, so it's really difficult to determine their ceiling. While they also edged out Rice for a win, that's their best win until you get to #82 Rutgers. UNT had wins against #33 Rice, #35 Ball State, #70 Middle Tennessee, and #74 UNLV.

I hate to do this but it's CUSA's fault. I'm assuming those are CBS projections of what the BCS rankings would be past the top 25 (the only official numbers). So rankings like Ball State's and Rice's are exagerated because they received votes in the Harris poll.

Also we know they would no longer receive those Harris votes after their performance in the bowl. Also some BCS computer projections don't include all teams. So for example the 40th ranked team and the 100th ranked team would have the same value in those computer polls.

But ignoring all of that, we have similar wins, but UNT has much worse losses given your numbers.

And using something besides BCS, let's try Massey (pre-bowl just like BCS).

North Texas

Mean Loss - 63.5

Median Loss - 74

Mean Win - 93

Median Win - 106

Worst Loss - 89 (Ohio)

Best Win - 50 (Ball State)

Houston

Mean Loss - 33

Median Loss - 28

Mean Win - 88

Median Win - 90

Worst Loss - 53 (Cinci)

Best Win - 54 (Rice)

Very similar averages, mins, and maxes except the individual team rankings to the BCS rankings.

But I just can't get over the loss comparisons. Win comparisons between the 2 teams are very similar. Loss comparisons HEAVILY favor UH.

• Upvote 1

Bottom of AAC > all of CUSA.

We also ran UTSA out of the Alamodome, a team UNT struggled with and lost to on their home field. We also smacked Rice, (like we usually have over these last 40+ years) who happened to be the CUSA champion. It's safe to say that if we were still in CUSA, we would have easily won the West and the entire conference virtually unopposed.

Look at UNT's schedule. You guys didn't beat or even play anybody worth a crap outside of Georgia. DCTF will keep both us and Tech ahead of UNT and rightfully so. Both of us would go at least 11-1 with UNT's schedule. (The only game in doubt would be UGA obviously)

You think it's a coincidence "your team" quit right after you said they had heart and something to pjay for? I don't .

That's just the d-bag troll that you are.

I know it took 3 days for you to get back with us because you were busy on the 45 other team's fan boards that you troll, so no biggie.

You should really trying dating a real, live woman and finding a job.

• Upvote 1

Debatable, but definitely not conclusive in favor of either team. UNT did not play a single team that is going to finish ranked. Take away 3 of UNT's mediocre wins and replace them with losses to ranked teams and what does UNT's record look like? Worse than UH's. And that's not even considering whether Cinci or BYU are better than most of UNT's schedule.

You're only looking at wins. Why not losses? UNT had multiple mediocre (at best) losses (Ohio, UTSA, Tulane). UH's "mediocre" losses? BYU and Cinci maybe? Both of those teams are MUCH better than Ohio, UTSA, and Tulane. Prior to the bowls, both of those teams were ranked higher (Massey composite) than any team UNT beat and better than all but 1 team on your entire schedule.

Your argument is that you lost to some ranked teams? Not sure how that makes you better. SMU lost to some ranked teams, too. Good company.

UNT beat 4 bowl teams and 2 ten-win teams. Houston beat 1 bowl team, a team we also beat.

UNT had the better year.

P.S. Georgia had tons of injuries this year. They were a legit top ten program when we played them.

Your argument is that you lost to some ranked teams? Not sure how that makes you better. SMU lost to some ranked teams, too. Good company.

UNT beat 4 bowl teams and 2 ten-win teams. Houston beat 1 bowl team, a team we also beat.

UNT had the better year.

P.S. Georgia had tons of injuries this year. They were a legit top ten program when we played them.

No, my argument is not lost games primarily against ranked teams. It's that UNT lost games primarily to, at best average, teams. UH lost to no average teams. Bragging about beating average teams is more than offset by losing to average and below average teams.

SMU lost to ranked teams, but they also lost to average and bad teams. Something that UH didn't do. UNT didn't lose to ranked teams, only average teams.

Edited by NTXCoog

No, my argument is not lost games primarily against ranked teams. It's that UNT lost games primarily to, at best average, teams. UH lost to no average teams. Bragging about beating average teams is more than offset by losing to average and below average teams.

SMU lost to ranked teams, but they also lost to average and bad teams. Something that UH didn't do. UNT didn't lose to ranked teams, only average teams.

Stop the wenus measuring, you're coming up short.

• Upvote 1