Not so fast my Friend...

Harry

UNLV is 4th in the MWC West. If we are playing UNLV, then it is terrible news. I can't see how some of you can sugar coating this, like UNLV is the team you wanted from the beginning.

If we get stuck with UNLV, MTSU will be playing a better opponent at the Armed Forces Bowl.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This and people wana know why good athletes do not want to okay for us or why many of the basketball despise our fans. It is comments just like all of these posted above. Just never bother showing up to a UNT event and do everyone a favor.

This and people wana know why good athletes do not want to okay for us or why many of the basketball despise our fans. It is comments just like all of these posted above. Just never bother showing up to a UNT event and do everyone a favor.

That's been the problem with our program for too long. I don't like this situation, but I will buy tickets and go the the damn game. But I don't have to like the match ups.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This and people wana know why good athletes do not always want to play for us or why many of the basketball players despise our fans. It is comments just like all of these posted above. Just never bother showing up to a UNT event and do everyone a favor.

That's what you call throwing the baby out with the bath water.

I'll take the big possibility of the win in our first bowl in a decade. I'll take the marquis opponent next year when our program shows sustained success and experience.

I refuse to believe that every man, woman, and child in the world wakes up every morning thinking, "Hmm. How can I screw North Texas today?"

There is no conspiracy, we didn't get screwed. We're playing on new years day, in the cotton bowl, and we have an excellent shot at victory.

Completely agree. At the beginning of the season there was a poll that said something along the lines of "would you rather lose to UTSA and go to a bowl or beat UTSA and sit at home", I picked the bowl game in a heart beat and most on here did too. I hate that after the last nine years we have fans that would complain about our bowl game opponent. I've got a bottle of wine that I bought about 5 years ago that my wife and I said we'd drink the next time we go to a bowl game, we're gonna drink it tonight!

Wait, so we're getting a team we have more than a snowball's shot at beating and we're complaining about it?!? :blink:

Good point. We may have gotten a bigger named opponent, but if we were outmatched no one would stay tuned to watch a lopsided game which would be an embarrassment at any rate. UNLV is not exactly Podunk U.They are well known (for reasons both good and bad)in college sports and beatable. Look guys, we are an up and coming program that I believe has turned a very important corner. We are not Notre Dame - yet.
  • Upvote 2

UNLV is 4th in the MWC West. If we are playing UNLV, then it is terrible news. I can't see how some of you can sugar coating this, like UNLV is the team you wanted from the beginning.

If we get stuck with UNLV, MTSU will be playing a better opponent at the Armed Forces Bowl.

JDdbag9.jpg

Edited by That_Guy_Arlo
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

our fan base always finds something to bitch about....i cant believe it. Were playing a freaking bowl in our back yard. Buy your darn tickets, put on your green, and watch NORTH TEXAS. that is what its all about

Look, every hard core UNT fan (all 10k of us) is very excited we are in a bowl and will buy tickets, book hotel rooms, and plan our NYE around it.

Make no mistake, this match up is a huge blow to the attempt to get new fans involved and interested in UNT football. I can promise you the 3 guys I went to school with will have zero interest in attending this bowl game, and will make fun of the opponent.

This was a missed opportunity to make people sit up and take notice. If we win, it will be "so, you beat UNLV, do they even have a football team?" and if we lose it will be "you guys lost to UNLV? Same old UNT."

Playing and losing by 40 to Michigan would have done more for this program than this match up, win or lose.

That said, I'd rather be griping about an opponent than going nowhere at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's up to our team to ultimately determine whether this matchup is good or bad for the program. Winning this game would be better than losing to a Big 10 or ACC opponent. Yes we would have a chance of beating one of those teams, but our chances of beating UNLV are much better. There are not exactly a lot of bowl wins in our history. A bowl win would be really significant, no matter who it is against. Accordingly, any of you complaining about the opponent should cease doing so immediately. If the Mean Green do not win the game then you can start up again and I'll probably join in.

• Upvote 1