Probable Heart of Dallas Bowl Opponents

Danish43

"Friend," huh? Knitted eagle hat, drunkenness...maybe a bit more than talk before the game if she comes to Dallas, I'm guessing.

The best way I can explain that situation is that she's my little brother's girlfriend. So yes. Friend. A close friend. But very, very, very sibling zoned.

Edited by oldguystudent

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a friend who went to Washington St. She sent me a knitted eagle hat for the bowl game. I told her we may play each other, and she said she can't wait for the week of drunken smack talk leading up to it. I would enjoy that.

Our parents went to Washington State and our dad played basketball there then was drafted.... My fave player was offered from and HEAVILY pressured to go there... Very weird/ ironic game for us if this is the match up.

After talking with Brett Vito I think I have this sort of figured out.

If you want a Big 10 opponent you want Ohio State to win the game. That leaves just 1 big 10 team in a BCS/national championship game and leaves more teams to fill the HOD spot.

If Michigan wins it will mean B10 get two in BCS bowls which means the likelihood of B10 not being able to fufill their HOD spot and other 7-5 type teams from Pac10 or Big East vying for the HOD spot.

If you're Brett Ringler representing HOD you want Ohio State to win so you have a shot at landing a B10 team.

If you are a UNT fan It really depends on whether you want to play a more winnable game against a Washington State, Boston College or Syracuse or a bigger fan base team from the Big 10.

If you want a Big 10 opponent you want Ohio State to win the game. That leaves just 1 big 10 team in a BCS/national championship game and leaves more teams to fill the HOD spot.

If Michigan wins it will mean B10 get two in BCS bowls which means the likelihood of B10 not being able to fufill their HOD spot and other 7-5 type teams from Pac10 or Big East vying for the HOD spot.

If you're Brett Ringler representing HOD you want Ohio State to win so you have a shot at landing a B10 team.

If you are a UNT fan It really depends on whether you want to play a more winnable game against a Washington State, Boston College or Syracuse or a bigger fan base team from the Big 10.

If OSU wins and goes to the championship game, doesn't MSU automatically go to the Rose Bowl, therefore two Big 10 teams in the BCS.

• Upvote 1

I've read a few times today MSU is getting a Rose Bowl invite, win-lose-or-draw. OSU losing might be enough to bump them out of a BCS AtLarge birth for an SEC team. I'm not saying Brett is wrong but that's what I've read on some B10 Chamoionship preview articles. Edited by Got5onIt

I don't see us playing a BIG X team either way

That appears to be the general consensus... either scenario likely has both in a BCS bowl meaning that we just won't get a Big 10 team in the HOD this year, I stand corrected.

I've read a few times today MSU is getting a Rose Bowl invite, win-lose-or-draw. OSU losing might be enough to bump them out of a BCS AtLarge birth for an SEC team. I'm not saying Brett is wrong but that's what I've read on some B10 Chamoionship preview articles.

Agreed -- I amend my prior statement -- think it is safe to say the HOD won't land a B10 team.

I do think if Michigan State wins tonight it could shake things up more in terms of teams we could land. But in the end it will likely not be a B10 team.