Very Early, Very Preliminary Game Day Weather For UTSA

MeanGreenWithEnvy

Looks now like best chance for precipitation (rain, not snow) will be in the morning. It will be cool with temperatures in low 40's. I see a bit of irony in this. Ball State from up north wilted in the heat in September. How will that UTSA team from the south fare in the cold? Maybe we should not mention that.

• Upvote 2

Looks now like best chance for precipitation (rain, not snow) will be in the morning. It will be cool with temperatures in low 40's. I see a bit of irony in this. Ball State from up north wilted in the heat in September. How will that UTSA team from the south fare in the cold? Maybe we should not mention that.

Too late, Coach Coker already checked here for the weather report. He's practicing in the Alamodome and cranking the AC up. ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

that's what i was thinking earlier too... how often does UNT have the advantage of playing in the cold weather?

• Upvote 2

Too late, Coach Coker already checked here for the weather report. He's practicing in the Alamodome and cranking the AC up. ;)

So y'all got one of those all bills paid deals? Sweet. But you know you can't adjust the temperature. The landlord has to do that.

That is the way all bills paid deals work, after all.

• Upvote 3

Kinda off topic but has anyone made the drive from Denton to SA or vice versa? I was thinking of leaving around 6am so that should get me there around noon?

Traffic on I 35 and north loop 820 in FW could be a bit of a slowdown but just be patient and you'll get through it. Maybe 10 to 20 minutes tops if there's a wreck or a new project underway.

Rick

• Upvote 1

Kinda off topic but has anyone made the drive from Denton to SA or vice versa? I was thinking of leaving around 6am so that should get me there around noon?

fairly often actually

sounds about right... but you can never trust Austin...

take 35W through Ft. Worth

i would consider taking 281 even... everything around Waco-Temple-Belton is all effed up...if you cut over to 35W around Glen Rose it's not that bad...

• Upvote 1

FM 156 off FW's Loop 820 also makes for a good alternative route if I-35W is clogged up.

FM 156 goes thru Saginaw, Justin, Ponder, etc, and you also go behind Alliance as well as Texas Motor Speedway off that

FM road.

Most likely I-35W will be fine but it does tend to stack up for a few extra minutes at I-35W and Western Center.

Traffic on I 35 and north loop 820 in FW could be a bit of a slowdown but just be patient and you'll get through it. Maybe 10 to 20 minutes tops if there's a wreck or a new project underway.

Unless it's rush hour, going north is rarely ever the problem. It's coming back down 35W that will have you waiting a while once you hit about Heritage Trace.