You think we have attend. issues...

BIG DAWG

After this season ends their AQ bid goes away. Louisville, Rutgers (and I think Cincinnati too) leave the conference. Literally every reason to place the AMerican airlines Conference above CUSA in the eyes of Texas fans' eyes is gone.

But they get ECU, Tulsa, and Tulane....lol!

MAC stadiums are tiny. The largest is Ohio's Peden and it seats 24k, though some of that is SRO.

This. They have some good teams, and some really bad ones. Add to that the small stadiums, We and the rest of CUSA should pass them.

SMU with 14,369 in attendance today. Yikes.

Not a chance. That crowd was so small, Criag James would have a hard time finding someone to kill.

• Upvote 2

When I see SMU's actual attendance (not the stated attendance), I wonder why their recruiting does not suffer more. I guess the value of an SMU education (perception), better conference (maybe) and better coaching pedigrees ($$$) still allow them to land a few higher quality players.

Our attendance is of course nothing to brag about. But, I don't ever remember ever seeing Apogee/Fouts that empty on a good weather day in recent history.

It will be interesting to see how the local recruiting battle between SMU and NT pans out in the next few years.

For it to have an effect we must keep the momentum going. Five-six wins next year won't cut it. Eight wins and higher for 3-4 years is enough I think to see a boost.

When I see SMU's actual attendance (not the stated attendance), I wonder why their recruiting does not suffer more. I guess the value of an SMU education (perception), better conference (maybe) and better coaching pedigrees ($$$) still allow them to land a few higher quality players.

Our attendance is of course nothing to brag about. But, I don't ever remember ever seeing Apogee/Fouts that empty on a good weather day in recent history.

It will be interesting to see how the local recruiting battle between SMU and NT pans out in the next few years.