Nicholls (11/14/13)

CMJ

I have not been keeping up with basketball since I graduated. However, I remember CJ looking sick his freshman year, especially at the Tech away game. Has he declined or what?

No just not distributing the ball like a true PG. He is still an excellent player but I think we are trying to find someone who can run the offense and get guys the ball. He has been coming off the bench but I see big minutes in his future. He is to good of a player to not play. His role just may be altered a bit.

I am wondering if they are trying to do it to draw fouls. Unsure. We need a true point. Hoping CJ can still be that for us. It does beat swinging the ball around the perimeter. They were just attacking the zone because for some unknown reason we really do not play well against it. It shuts us down outside so we try to go inside to break it up and either score or dish it back out. (Just a guess though...)

You would hope so. It's good coaching to take advantage of an aggressive d like that. I thought we did a decent job against the Zone. It wasn't stagnant on the perimeter good movement attacking the seams, getting two on you, double cutter. Nicholls had to go zone bc of foul trouble. Coleman didn't do a great job of presenting himself in the paint. He could have really dominated. Wouldn't hold your breath on CJ he has a major TO problem. Flannigan set a pick and then rolled right into our players driving lane and got in his way. WTF? We got some guys lacking bball IQ.

Hey it's a W and you got to keep moving forward. It's not like we were expected to blow them out. I think ESPNs Teamrankings had us winning by 6. Also plenty of other teams had to survive the night. Next week will be a good test to see where or if there is improvement.

• Upvote 1

I have not been keeping up with basketball since I graduated. However, I remember CJ looking sick his freshman year, especially at the Tech away game. Has he declined or what?

He still can fill up the basket, but his poor passing and decision making has lost him minutes. I think we have better options than him right now. Still holding out hope he regain his old form a bit.

Colman plays well but like the northwood game he was on a player much shorter then him for a lot of the game. He could post up if the other team was in man but the zone denied that. He was close to a double double though. I was excited to see TJ get some minutes and make a basket. Eventually I would like to see Colman, Williams, Taylor, Williams, and jones out there to start and finish the games.

Edited by Andrew

I log on and all I read is you negative garbage over and over again.

2-1 for the first time in how long? Celebrate the win and focus on the tournament coming up!

Hey Skiver.

I gave the kid a compliment. He played great tonight. I guess you didn't care for the way he was closing out on the zone? Pardon me for defending him and saying he did a good job.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2-1 for the first time in how long? Celebrate the win and focus on the tournament coming up!

In '10-11 we opened up 2-0. So, three seasons.

I am glad we won, sorry I couldn't stay for the end. Thanks to miner who sent me a few updates. Still concerned about the team, but a win is a win at this point. Style points are for quality teams, which we aren't as of now.

Edited by CMJ

So...has he been fired yet?

Benford has definitely slowed his roll on the subs.

Substitutions that is. Suit is looking a little snug.

This is top-notch humor.

can't wait for the fake benford tweet

Is that still a thing? I'm not a big tweeter...can we get that linked up here?

I log on and all I read is you negative garbage over and over again.

We run our best when we have our little guards out there. I think Benford is finally getting the guys who he needs to run his system. Alzee has changed and stepped up into the leadership role as the captain. Good things ahead I hope for this team. I still think we lose one in the coming 3 games because of pure exhaustion setting in.

Honestly...why do you still post here? It was fun for a while...the making fun of you and your very slight grasp on basketball (and reality, really)...but it's grown tired.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I totally ordered Laurie's cup. Should be here in the next couple days.

2*-1. Time for an extension yet?

*No seriously. They counted that NAIA game in the official W/L record? We'd better consider getting Azusa Pacific in Apogee come 2015.

I'd be all for the Nigerian Nightmares!

Here you go

@Heard_Herd @mycoskie @colonelsports Pied Piper has nothing on Humpty Dunk-ty! I'm putting it back together! LOOK OUT, SOUTHLAND! #Hit6

— Fake Tony Benford (@FakeTonyBenford)

November 15, 2013

@YoungHamelton I don't know what that means, but I defissantly stomped Nicholls into 4 pennies and a puddle of goo. #SouthlandCoachOfTheYear

— Fake Tony Benford (@FakeTonyBenford)

November 15, 2013
  • Upvote 1

Looking at the box score, there is one huge positive thing to take away from this one that isn't dependent upon the competition. We shot nearly 85% from the line. If we can be close to that, we can win some games. Especially if we continue to get to the line like we have.

Looking at the box score, there is one huge positive thing to take away from this one that isn't dependent upon the competition. We shot nearly 85% from the line. If we can be close to that, we can win some games. Especially if we continue to get to the line like we have.

Yeah, we have some really good free throw shooters. We need to keep getting to the line. The thing I'm concerned about is when we play teams that actually have some height and will outrebound our 4 and 5 guard lineups and shut off the penetration.

I also hope we keep one of Anefiok, Walton, or TJ Taylor on the court at all times. Those guys stretch the floor for the penetrators.