Pegram's Injury

Danish43

Rollins just needs to follow his blockers better. There were a couple of times where he didn't use the block correctly and ran to the wrong side. God gave you speed son, USE IT.

I agree though he looked like he could help.

I would argue Jim Jim might want to follow this advice as well.

I liked the backfield set with Byrd, Jim Jim and Rollins all in at the same time. Led to some productive plays including the TD pass to Jim Jim.

The three headed Eagle was a great play and kept Rice off guard once they started using it, it was the formation that got JimJim wide open for his TD

The three headed Eagle was a great play and kept Rice off guard once they started using it, it was the formation that got JimJim wide open for his TD

Second game in a row where we faked a handoff and Jimmerson leaked out of the backfield and caught a pass downfield for a touchdown. That play can take some time to develop, but the line gave DT all the time he needed then some.

Really like how we can use our backs.

Second game in a row where we faked a handoff and Jimmerson leaked out of the backfield and caught a pass downfield for a touchdown. That play can take some time to develop, but the line gave DT all the time he needed then some.

Really like how we can use our backs.

Right. This formation is very effective to pass from. But, it's predicated on solid offensive line blocking since the receivers are coming out of the backfield, rather than off of the LOS, so the routes take more time to develop. Good thing we have the hogs up front to use this formation effectively.

one thing i liked about Pegram was his short yardage abilities. Last night we had 3rd and short a couple times and Jimmerson just danced too much behind the line and lost yardage.

To be completely fair, Jimmerson ran the ball three times on 3rd down.

Here are the results:

Nt 3-2 at Nt25

JIMMERSON, A. rush for loss of 1 yard to the NT24 (SKINNER, Josh;GAINES, Phillip).

Nt 3-2 at Rice42

JIMMERSON, A. rush for 42 yards to the RICE0, 1ST DOWN NT, TOUCHDOWN, clock 05:01.

Nt 3-3 at Nt20 JIMMERSON, A. rush for 4 yards to the NT24, 1ST DOWN NT, out-of-bounds (FINNER,