Man that hurt!

Harry

Ha! LOL...I live with a behavior analyst, I'll have her check me out.

But, you are saying UNT needed more than 21 to win today? Seriously...did you watch the game?

I watched the game and from my seat in the superdome it looked like Tulane scored 24. So yeah, I'll go ahead with the HSO that we needed to score more than 21 today.

I watched the game and from my seat in the superdome it looked like Tulane scored 24. So yeah, I'll go ahead with the HSO that we needed to score more than 21 today.

Missed the point, but glad you added it up correctly....defense did not give up 24 points. Defense gave up 10, which by my count is less than 21...special teams and a pick 6 accounted for the remaining 14, but maybe you were out buying peanuts when those events happened and missed the scores.

I really think UNT needs to re-look at the degrees it awarded some of you guys. LOL! Never said UNT scored a total enough to win...read carefully, I said the offense did enough without the "team shooting itself in the foot" thing. I know, I know it's hard. They probably sell beer in the Dome, so your confusion is somewhat understandable.

Missed the point, but glad you added it up correctly.....

I am really tired of your passive aggressive insults. No one thinks they are cute or funny. If you are going to insult someone at least have the guts to do it correctly. Like this: I hope you die of a horrible wasting disease.

• Upvote 3

A blocked FG for a TD is a 10 point turnaround. Instead of going up 10-7, we go down 7 - 14. Huge turn in the game.

Yep, and I think the offense got the team in position for that FG try, while special teams gave up the block and the return for six.

Again, folks, offense is not a well oiled machine, and has some challenges including injuries in the O line, but the offense did not lose this game today. Offense brought it back to 21-21 AFTER the pick 6, the blocked FG for 6 and all the dumb penalties. All they could do was stand and watch as Tulane moved down to win late. But, look at the defense overall today...how many points did Tulane's offense score? I believe that answer is 10, so while the D gave up the final and winning 3 points, no one can say they did not do what they could to keep the Tulane offense from doing much damage.

Again...UNT beat themselves with the blocked FG for 6/7, the pick 6/7 and the dumb penalties. This one hurts, and no one hurts more than the team and coaching staff.

Beat Middle Tennessee...Go Mean Green!

Again, please read carefully...I believe Y'Barbo is a part of DT's offense....reading comprehension is so tough for some of you. Did you even take freshman English?

I said DT's offense, not DT himself. You know there is a difference between reading words and actually comprehending what is said. Let me spell it out for you in perhaps third grade level stuff here....the offense did enough to win if it did not have to overcome special teams mistakes, it's own pick 6, dumb penalties and having to sit and watch Tulane March right down the field for the winning score.

Comprehend now, Comrade?

I completly understood what your initial post said. Seems others did as well. Maybe you are not comprending what you are typing?

• Upvote 2

stop hurting and go win a freaking road game. playing down to your competition is not a firm standard. don't have standards made of jello. if you can go to Athens and play good teams and come up short, you sure as he*ll can go to New Orleans and play a weak team. they did enough to win so congrats to Tulane but unt needs to man up and win a freaking road game. they will have their hands full next week and if we go 2-4 the fans are not showing up in november

• Upvote 1

I am really tired of your passive aggressive insults. No one thinks they are cute or funny. If you are going to insult someone at least have the guts to do it correctly. Like this: I hope you die of a horrible wasting disease.

Am I am as tired of your "holier than thou pseudo psychologist" crap...just avoid reading if you don't like what I post...you can do that here on GMG. I believe it is called ignore. You want to post a complete misreading of what I post fine, but don't get your panties in a wad when I call you on it. You are or have been a mod, right...figure it out. I know it is hard, just like reading comprehension sometimes. Get over yourself.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I completly understood what your initial post said. Seems others did as well. Maybe you are not comprending what you are typing?

Well, no, but OK, if you feel better thinking you did. You kids, you kids...I keep forgetting that I have to keep it real simple and use one syllable words or the meaning just escapes. My bad.

Mary had a little lamb...see Dick run, run Dick run. If I could I'd write it on a Big Chief lined tablet for you kiddies.

• Downvote 2

I know it is hard, just like reading comprehension sometimes. Get over yourself.

Another passive aggressive insult. You are so witty and intelligent! Voltaire pales in your illustrious shadow!

When you were attacking UNT90 because he pointed out that our offense only scored 7 at Georgia you insisted our special team tds should be given full credit.

But now, when you defend the offense you insist that Tulane special team and defensive td shouldn't really counted because they really aren't touchdowns.

I must not be witty and passive aggressive enough to get your logic.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Like I have always pointed out "should have, deserve, supposed to, could" have no place in sports. We either do or don't. Stupid mistakes cost us this game, but it was mistakes that WE made. The actions of the field speak louder than any prediction we could make.

So where are the homers who are talking about winning CUSA? Where are the homers who talked about such an easy schedule and how we "should" win every game? Each game is a new challenge, each game brings unique situations, and in each game anything is possible.

I'll bookmark this thread to remind people next year when they start hyping up the team watching practice footage about how we look so much faster and athletic next year.

Edited by Green Otaku

I've suffered through last season and the past 30. This team is incredibly improved over last year. I am proud of them and I predict we will win at least six games and go to a bowl.

As craptastic as this one was, I'm going to cautiously agree. Very likely we win at least 3 of our home games and at least 1 of SMiss or LaTech. I would have loved to see that site predicting us going 10-2 proven right, but we all knew that was extreme optimism. Now next week's Middle Tennessee game is even bigger. Still hoping we can pull off a win at home against Rice, but losing to MUTS would mean it's very likely we would have to win the majority of the remaining road games to be bowl eligible.

So where are the homers.....? .

I'm right here... at the firehall working a double shift this weekend so I can be off next Saturday to watch my Mean Green defense hit Middle in the mouth.

Defense wins championships,... always have,..always will. We have a conference championship caliber defense.. RIGHT NOW. They only allowed 10 points on 227 total yards today. I said they could win out and I still feel like they can and put us in a good place come December.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2

Yeah, here's hoping that this is the only time the team "lays an egg" as a whole, so to speak. If today serves as a "wake-up call" and the guys get clicking again, there's still a chance to win out. But playing like this won't make that happen so they really need to get a few things taken care of for this season to work out. I couldn't even get the game, and just refreshing the play-by-play was painful. I think we all expected a lot more, and hopefully they will show us next week that we should keep expecting more.

Who are you??? Besides you being known for a foot fetish, nobody seems to know who the H you are....

Edited by SSP

I'm right here... at the firehall working a double shift this weekend so I can be off next Saturday to watch my Mean Green defense hit Middle in the mouth.

Defense wins championships,... always have,..always will. We have a conference championship caliber defense.. RIGHT NOW. They only allowed 10 points on 227 total yards today. I said they could win out and I still feel like they can and put us in a good place come December.

Rick

We'll see if the coaching staff can make the right adjustments to get us going. The discipline and offense are a major issue. Even if the defense plays a perfect game the best they could do is take us to overtime with a 0-0. We need the offense to pull their weight too, and not rely solely on the defense to save them.