Man that hurt!

Harry

This loss hurt about as bad as I've witnessed in 65 years of following North Texas. Two weeks to prepare and we came out flatter than any pancake. Tulane has a good run defense and little else and we play right into their strength. Pathetic!

I want to see a hide on the wall, I feel someone should be fired if we have another like this before the end of the season.

I've suffered through last season and the past 30. This team is incredibly improved over last year. I am proud of them and I predict we will win at least six games and go to a bowl.

This team may win 6, but when we look back, we are going to say they had the talent and schedule to win 8 or more.

If you think DT did enough to win the game, you're insane.

For which team? There were a couple of plays that were almost more interceptions for touchdowns other than the pick 6 he threw. Thank goodness they dropped them. The complete absence of a running game didn't help matters. It really is hard to be a UNT fan. They always always are a let down. Edited by UNTexas

I've been a fan for 20+ years and this loss isn't even top 10 worthy. You guys are thinking about bailing out?? Then take a hike quitters. Unbelievable. Losing a game like this stinks but thinking about bailing out???? You new guys make me sick.

#pathetic.

So you don't want anyone to quit and don't want anyone demanding g better.

Are you tied up in a basement right now, ball gag firmly in place, bringing whipped by your significant other?

Why should people care when losing has been accepted for so long at UNT? I'm amazed we have the number of fans that we do.

This loss hurt about as bad as I've witnessed in 65 years of following North Texas. Two weeks to prepare and we came out flatter than any pancake. Tulane has a good run defense and little else and we play right into their strength. Pathetic!

People, (like Harry) you need to pay attention to this. When GrayEagle says (in his own gentlemanly way) that the team preparation, or lack thereof, SUCKED....believe it.

FWIW, the worst game I ever watched was the NT/ULM game of 1990. It was the last game of the season and we needed to win it in order to get an at-large bid to the 1-AA playoffs. We scored late in the contest and led 15-9. Then ULM got the ball, and led by future NFL QB Doug Pederson, they started dinking and dunking down the field...just barely getting their first downs. Their big play guy that day was RB/WR Cisco Richard. As they approached mid-field I kept screaming "who the hell is covering Richard? Richard is their big play guy......who the hell is covering him!?!?

And then as ULM got just over the 50 it happened. Pederson got the ball, moved around a bit, gaining some extra time, and then (all the time with me screaming "who the hell is covering Richard?") guess who gets the pass? You guessed it! Cisco Richard....and he takes it in for the winning TD.

And here's the worst part. After he delivers the pass for the TD, Pederson turns to the North Texas home crowd (almost directly in front of me), bows to the crowd, and then turns and trots off the field as if it was just another day at the office.

What I'm taking away from all this screaming and gnashing of teeth by everyone (but especially GrayEagle) is that, were it not for our uninspired and sluggish play in the first half, this is a game that we clearly should have won.

I'm glad I was playing with my grand kids instead of trying to watch this (for the umpteenth time in school history) missed opportunity to gain some positive notice and respect for our program.

Because, like it or not, we are going to get much more notice and respect from the general public and fence-setting fans, for beating Tulane than for kicking the crap out of the MUTS of the world.

Here is the simple thing: Yes this one hurt, because it is obvious the coaching staff and the team both shot itself in the foot in this one, which is painful cause UNT really could have won this game if only one thing had been different and so many options to chose which one thing this might have been.. But there are some overreactions to a game that had me very nervous before hand.

a) Tulane is a decent bit better than some here seem to give credit for.

and

b ) this game had some bad breaks that the others clearly did not (mainly the blockedFG-TD, wheras NT dominated special teams in the 3 games before this one....which of those two is more probable to be a trend?).

Those quitting now, what are you gonna do should NT win against MTSU on saturday, which is very possible?

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 2

Who are you??? Besides you being known for a foot fetish, nobody seems to know who the H you are....

I know GreenP1, and he is in "real life" a pretty cool and funny guy. And, a very loyal friend to many. Please do not think that how people here come across on the board are how they really are when they come out from behind these avatars that they hide behind. In person, GreenP1 is not at all what he seems to be on this board. I was, at one time, of the same mind as you might be, but I took the time to seek him out and get to know him...great guy! Sure, we disagree often on the board and I give him as hard a time as he gives me. But, that is "board stuff" only. So, don't judge too harshly from this board. Trust me...even UNT90 is not nearly as negative in person as he seems on this board...very supportive of UNT and a really good guy to be around.

Sure, there are exceptions, but the vast majority of these folks are great fans of UNT and really fun and good people.

Get to know them personally before you judge too harshly. True!

DT's offense accounted for 21 points...plenty to win the game without his, yes his, pick 6 and a FG blocked for a TD. TD was not on the field as Tulane marched right down the field with the clock running out to hit that winning FG.

Just in case you forgot.

Good point, Kram1.

Quitters gonna quit and hares gonna hate....those folks will jump right back on the bandwagon they jumped off...it is the nature of their ilk, BUT many of these folks stating they are "done" are just upset. Come Saturday they will be at Apogee cheering for the Mean Green and tailgating before the game.

We Mean Green fans are made of strong stuff.....we gave to be. And most are pretty darn loyal. Don't let the quitters and the haters make you think they are in any way in the majority.

The ones that concern me more are the minions of alums in the DFW area that just don't care either way.

I think we do beat MTSU Saturday, but the last two years we can go pick out games we should've won that could've gotten us bowl eligible and I just don't hope we look back on Tulane that way. There was no excuse to lose that game. If we do in fact beat MTSU we better get our crap together on the road because winning both La Tech and USM will be very important and not easy with our recent history.

Edited by Mean Green Matt
  • Upvote 1

Please do not think that how people here come across on the board are how they really are when they come out from behind these avatars that they hide behind.

I don't know what you're talking about. I really am a short green pissed off Mooninite with a small, more pissed off purple sidekick. We have a quad laser, have 5,000 deminsions, and chill in Karl's pool.

• Upvote 1

I know GreenP1, and he is in "real life" a pretty cool and funny guy. And, a very loyal friend to many. Please do not think that how people here come across on the board are how they really are when they come out from behind these avatars that they hide behind. In person, GreenP1 is not at all what he seems to be on this board. I was, at one time, of the same mind as you might be, but I took the time to seek him out and get to know him...great guy! Sure, we disagree often on the board and I give him as hard a time as he gives me. But, that is "board stuff" only. So, don't judge too harshly from this board. Trust me...even UNT90 is not nearly as negative in person as he seems on this board...very supportive of UNT and a really good guy to be around.

Sure, there are exceptions, but the vast majority of these folks are great fans of UNT and really fun and good people.

Get to know them personally before you judge too harshly. True!

Only "pretty" cool and funny?? Don't lie to the people Kram... I'm the worst.

• Upvote 2