Derek Football!

North Texas Shep

No, the Georgia game is next Saturday, 9/21.

I think he was being funny, not considering the UGA game a real game. Body bag, money game, whatever you want to call it.

I hope Mac will let some of the backups see siginificant play next week and save the starters from additional phnishment for the real conference stretch.

Derek is playing so great right now. Watching on TV, I could have swore he broke his finger and that scramble. Now we are seeing why DT won the starting job out of camp.

Why in the hell did our players not catch DT? A dislocated finger on his throwing hand is what a birdie told me. Has that been discussed.

• Upvote 3

If next week every North Texas player brought the same level of intensity for 60 minutes as Derek did in the second half today, North Texas would beat Georgia. His clearly evident will to win made me very proud as a fan and supporter of the Mean Green. He was certainly not the only one who played with determination and focus today, but that was great leadership on his part. GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 3

Why in the hell did our players not catch DT? A dislocated finger on his throwing hand is what a birdie told me. Has that been discussed.

Thompson said it was just a thumb cramp after the game. Downed some pedialyte and was good to go. I didn't know thumbs could cramp, but it sure looked fine the rest of the game.

And yeah, McCarney said he yelled at some "knuckleheads" (I suspect it was a bit more explicit than that) pretty bad after they didn't help catch DT.

• Upvote 1

I didn't know thumbs could cramp, but it sure looked fine the rest of the game.

And yeah, McCarney said he yelled at some "knuckleheads" (I suspect it was a bit more explicit than that) pretty bad after they didn't help catch DT.

Really? I thought it must be pretty common because I've had it happen a bunch of times. The meaty part at the base/palm clenches and sometimes it runs all the way across my hand. Feels like when your calf or the sole of your foot gets a cramp.

As for catching Derek...maybe they didn't want to get in his way, because man, did he slice through Ball State in that second half!

Edited by JesseMartin
  • Upvote 1

Thompson said it was just a thumb cramp after the game. Downed some pedialyte and was good to go. I didn't know thumbs could cramp, but it sure looked fine the rest of the game.

Thumb cramp? He really said that? I doubt it was a cramp. That may be just what he said publicly.

I did see him slamming down pedialyte on the sidelines after the "injury". That ties in with the cramp. I think it's legit.

Watching the replay, the thumb that "cramped up" was not the one he put down to catch him as he went over the bench. The thumb cramp is plausible as it was just holding the ball with that hand. On TV they showed him downing the pedalite while McNulty was in.

I think he was being funny, not considering the UGA game a real game. Body bag, money game, whatever you want to call it.

I hope Mac will let some of the backups see siginificant play next week and save the starters from additional phnishment for the real conference stretch.

Thank you Dickey.

The team will have a much more positive attitude toward the game, I expect them to play to win. Dickey and Dodge played to just get through games like this, McCarney plays to win.

I always get into a big debate when I state this opinion, but here goes. I don't believe there is any more danger to the players in a big time game than any other. The best way to get hurt is to play tentatively.

Any player worth putting on the field wants to play against the best. I don't expect a win or even a close game, but I do predict a strong effort.

Watching the replay, the thumb that "cramped up" was not the one he put down to catch him as he went over the bench. The thumb cramp is plausible as it was just holding the ball with that hand. On TV they showed him downing the pedalite while McNulty was in.

Exactly. Watching the replay there was nothing that would leave me to believe it was anything more than a cramp. His thumb just looked like it was locked up in a natural position.

Should be fine, we can only hope.

Derek played great, just like lots of us have been hoping/expecting. I think Canales called a good game too. Of course, it seems like you're calling a great game when the players are making plays.

And how 'bout that 2-pt conversion!? I was sitting at a good angle to see it developing. It was sweet!!

YES. NOT a lot of people have been commenting on his play calling. We thought Canales called a pretty damn good game.

• Upvote 1