YOU gotta keep YOUR composure!

An Internet message is not the place for levelheaded and composed discussion. It just doesn't work like that. The sooner you realize this the less you'll hate this place. We're all battered wives round these parts... You seem to still be freshly smitten.

A fresh set of eyes may not be such a bad idea for some of the poor souls on here.

I used to use my real name until people who couldn't win arguments decided to get personal.

Ha! I change my name out of respect for my favorite player.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

An Internet message is not the place for levelheaded and composed discussion. It just doesn't work like that. The sooner you realize this the less you'll hate this place. We're all battered wives round these parts... You seem to still be freshly smitten.

Yes, she is still getting sweet little cards and candy grams. She has yet to see the drunken bum punch her in the face and over and over again, then promise the next morning never e to do it again.

Little does she know, next weekend is right around the corner.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Everyone makes fun of it. Even the people that post here. The fun part is when someone new shows up and thinks they have an original idea or some prophetic statement to "all" the gmgers that's going to magically change things, not knowing that we've all been where they are now a time or 2 before them. It's the truly stupid and ignorant individuals that don't figure that out after a couple months that end up getting the centrum silver posting bans.

Welcome to the board and fandom. Try not to overreact to the overreaction.

so true. genius....good reminder for me as well

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure if you go back to my post... the " get over it" was aimed at people who reference seasons 20 years ago in comparison to the kids are playing now and werent even born yet.

AND dammit.... I probably should have created an account without my real name... should have picked "meansteph"...

Shoulda gone with The Fake Darrell Dickey. That would have been a huge hit!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't think a lot of people realize how many of our athletes read some of these posts....

Well after watching the Mean Green show on Fox Sports SW, I got the feeling at least one of them definitely does. Which is why I was hoping he'd lead the team to a game-winning drive in Ohio. But alas.

Also, it's worth noting almost half the football teams in the nation lost a game last week.

• Upvote 2

So, Pedigo? As in Pedigo Oil?

And BTW, keep our composure? Historically, we've tried that for over 50 years and look where it's gotten us. There are many people on this board (Harry and FFR for two) who followed NT football when it was vastly underfunded (the 1-AA days) and we were ALLOWED only 65 ships. We had a coaching staff back then (1988) who beat two SWC (Tech and Rice) schools and took Texas to the wire.

We've seen this repeated with one of our old league mates in ULM. Their third year coach beat Arkansas and took Auburn and Baylor to the wire before losing in overtime to both teams. They ended up going to a Bowl game and losing to Ohio......but at least it was in a bowl game.

I'm sick to death of moral victories. You (and others) can find solace in losing close games to the Ohio Bobcats of the world. But if I have to eat the scraps of "moral victories", I'll take what ULM was having last year.

No one is challenging any loyalties, faith or if you bleed green... Congrats on being a great fan. But, one has to wonder what the point of it all is if 2 games into the season you throw in the proverbial towel and make horses ass statements that you can't undo...? Or maybe it's that some people just like pot stirring and the look of their thoughts on the screen. Whatever. Do we even retain any of the staff or players that we had 20 years ago? 10? Just saying.

Someone new standing up to SilverEagle?!? Oh, this could get good!

9c6.gif

• Upvote 2

Well after watching the Mean Green show on Fox Sports SW, I got the feeling at least one of them definitely does.

Keep in mind that reality TV isn't always reality. I'm happy UNT is getting exposure through this series, but don't think for a second that certain aspects aren't scripted.

And that's ok. Just realize that it is.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, you're probably going to get CougarKing and Froggystyle trying to look you up since they don't talk to women in the real world.

First of all, Cougar King is two words not one. It's only one word on Coogfans, because two word names aren't allowed

Second, I'm pretty sure I have no trouble getting women, namely those in the 18-24 range, especially with a body like mine but that's another story for another time.

You can call me out when UNT is able to hang with UH on the football field.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

Second, I'm pretty sure I have no trouble getting women, namely those in the 18-24 range, especially with a body like mine but that's another story for another time.

Women 18-24 are pretty impressed with boobs bigger than theirs. I bet you have HUGE areolas.

• Upvote 1

First things first, welcome to our Green forum

Second thing? There's a Family Theorem

First year relatives boldly

Register and get scold-y

And insist upon greater decorum

You may find the reaction disconcerting

And think we're all wildly knee-jerking

Long time fans dismiss "progress"

Since it's a 3+ year process

Just to get the damn REFEREE MICS WORKING!!!!

I don't blame fans who only show doubt

When you stop to consider our drought

Losing seasons drag on

Since your beloved John

Blew his 10th birthday cake candles out

Every post-loss complaint launching pad

Might make you feel outraged or mad

But we heard that same spiel

With more anger and zeal

From Micah Mosley's dear old dad

Gio Vizza and ol' Charlie Brown

Had friends and family tell us to calm down

Kin of the

Felt our fans had such nerve!

But like the others, has since just skipped town

I'm still glad that you're joining the chat

Family always gets the welcome mat

And if after five years

You're still one of our peers

Maybe then, your complaint won't fall flat.

Dude, really...can we switch to haiku or sonnets or something now? Or are you trying to single-handedly alter the concept of "epic poem" from Homer to Gomer?

Here, I'll start:

Good lord, Mean Green fans

It is still a new season

So down already?

• Upvote 1

Register and get scold-y

Losing seasons drag on

Since your beloved John

With more anger and zeal

Kin of the

And if after five years

Spot on.

Wish this could be promoted to an article.

• Upvote 1

Spot on.

Spot on.

Register and get scold-y

Losing seasons drag on

Since your beloved John

With more anger and zeal

Kin of the

And if after five years

THIS is disconcerting Bless your heart. One has to wonder how long you worked on this... :/ Winners think differently than this. And maybe "how to be a winner" isn't such a distant concept to me being that we won 2 weeks ago. You seem so desperate to prove why you are pessimists, when the fun of all this seems to have been sucked right out of you years ago. So, what are you still doing here? This is a fan board, right? I pity you. AND UNDERSTAND- that this line of thought only promotes this programs "STELLAR" reputation. Good job, man.

Edited by SSP
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

THIS is disconcerting Bless your heart. One has to wonder how long you worked on this... :/ Winners think differently than this. And maybe "how to be a winner" isn't such a distant concept to me being that we won 2 weeks ago. You seem so desperate to prove why you are pessimists, when the fun of all this seems to have been sucked right out of you years ago. So, what are you still doing here? This is a fan board, right? I pity you. AND UNDERSTAND- that this line of thought only promotes this programs "STELLAR" reputation. Good job, man.

We were all once like you. All sunshine, rainbows, moonbeams from heaven, and the such... Just be glad you don't have to like our basketball program as well.

• Upvote 5

If turning around a team takes a long time, what makes you think turning around pessimistic attitudes doesn't?

As to why we're here, and I don't mean to get personal, but what university did you attend?

Edited by MeanMag

I don't think you understand what has become fun here since watching Todd dodge try to figure things out. We won one game in his worst season too. How's that for a reason for stellar reputation? You do know about that, right?

This is a guy that was fairly content to support and watch the trajectory of the program in the middle of dickey ball. You know about him, too, right?

So what made this man so pessimistic, I wonder?

You aren't bein patient enough with the fan base that has been beaten through the worst stretch of football in unt history. You were here for that, right? One win will not change that. If turning around a team takes a long time, what makes you think turning around pessimistic attitudes doesn't? Go talk to your friends that don't come to games, but when you ask a season ticket holder why he is still here, your rage might be misguided.

Somehow the fan base grew through the dodge years. How, I will never know.

Since when does being realistic, lump you into being unrealistic (rainbows, sunshine, etc)??

Hahaha... Rage is a strong word. Cowboys fans across the state relate to this line of thinking. My point is- if this is the best and most invested of our fan base, we have more than just the problems that have been suggested thus far. Deep breaths.

Since when does being realistic, lump you into being unrealistic (rainbows, sunshine, etc)??

Hahaha... Rage is a strong word. Cowboys fans across the state relate to this line of thinking. My point is- if this is the best and most invested of our fan base, we have more than just the problems that have been suggested thus far. Deep breaths.

It is a small part. Likely the average joes of our fan base. The more invested ones have other forums to voice displeasure.

Haha...

Oh geez... hopefully our new recruits and their parents don't Google those blogs.

This is a forum not a blog.

Second Really?

Third we lost in a pitiful way last Saturday, we had the game and then failed ourselves.

Fourth you have no idea about us, Did you ever hear of walking in the other persons boots? We have been told this is the winning year so many times its not funny. How much energy would you have left after 8 years of losing seasons in a row? In the last 18 years we have had 3 winning seasons. It will take winning, and a good amount of it to make a change.

5th We all wish the same as you, This may help "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry christmas."

6th We as fan-base are ready to win Saturday.

Edited by KingDL1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

See...I told everyone I thought I would like this Stephanie person...keep it up young lady. We do need more fans who find ways to see the glass as half-full instead of half-empty, and who try to keep all this "sports" stuff in a bit of perspective. Just know, that some will try their dead level best to beat you down and "convert" you to the dark side! Ha! Will probably even resort to name calling and personal attacks. Pay it no mind...hang in there...I am liking how you handle yourself. Press on! Just remember...I did warn you! :judge::goodjob:

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3