a little NT hate

10Eagle10

some delusional fans on baylor's message board are talking about conference realignment and our school has been name dropped a few times, including this gem:

UTSA will pass up everything North Texas has done in the next few years. The mountain west should hit up SMU, UTSA and UH for membership as those would be great assets for that conference.

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258872

I'm not interested in starting new handles on other school's message boards, but I know some of our posters do enjoy getting in some good smack talk. Just wanted to leave this here if anyone's interested in defending our honor

Unfortunately our history at UNT especially of the school's administration shooting themselves in the foot has repeated several times in regards to sports and spirit.

Don't think it won't happen again? I hope not but I have not been a fan of lots of moves. I mean I am a football guy but what the hell happened to basketball this year?

A bigger fear for me is the urgency that we need to improve at winning in all sports. I think as the NCAA allows more and more football teams back into D1a (FBS) we will see an official split again. I hope we are on the right side of that split when/if it happens, the wrong side would be disastrous.

Edited by KingDL1

I wonder if they still make it mandatory for dorm residing students to attend games. Also... 300+ Million for an under 50k stadium? Asinine

Well at least it would fit their entire student body what three times over.

Joe you know they will have house boat tailgating, I think that would be crazy cool. Will they have alcohol?

Well at least it would fit their entire student body what three times over.

Joe you know they will have house boat tailgating, I think that would be crazy cool. Will they have alcohol?

yeah but the architectural drawings show a crystal blue river vs. the reality of a nasty ass Brazos. Who wants to own a houseboat...in Waco....on the Brazos? Waste of money.

yeah but the architectural drawings show a crystal blue river vs. the reality of a nasty ass Brazos. Who wants to own a houseboat...in Waco....on the Brazos? Waste of money.

I am just thinking about the application, I would have a mounted grill, a kegerator, my coolers, you could have a mount for a tv. I could sleep on it damn and continue my shots after the game.

and what was that score the last time we played them????

Exactly. An ass whipping. Trust me I had to hear Baylor crap when I coached down in Waco. It was terrible, especially girls bball talk.

the score the last time north Texas played Baylor was 37-14 in favor of Baylor on 9-25-2004.......not a huge ass whipping, but a nice win for a terrible team at the time that had only 3 wins that season

north Texas is 1-12 against Baylor overall, but Baylor only plays north Texas when north Texas is really bad!!!

• Upvote 1

north Texas is 1-12 against Baylor overall, but Baylor only plays north Texas when north Texas is really bad!!!

That's everybody. Any time we start to get some momentum or even beat one of them, they stop scheduling us until we implode again.

I actually think that the BaylorFans thread has some realm of possibility to it. This is why:

1.) Eventually UConn, Cincy, and South Florida are going to go somewhere else, most likely the ACC or the Big XII. I could easily see Uconn and South Florida in the ACC to get to 16 and Cincy and BYU ending up in the Big XII to get to 12 again. UH and/or SMU may very well want to bail ASAP, since they will be traveling all over the country for non-AQ money, while playing games at Temple, Memphis, and East Carolina. Remember, they joined this league with the idea that it was going to be AQ, that it would have Boise State and SDSU also join, plus it would have Louisville, Pitt, Syracuse, and Rutgers to play in football, as well as the biggest reason, that the Catholic 7 would be their basketball conference mates, along with Notre Dame. Literally, not one of those things has occurred. So now, they get to play in a new conference with the exact same opponents as they had in the old CUSA, but added Temple and Navy, and the three schools that everyone with a pulse expects to leave the AAC as soon as possible, UCONN, Cincy, and USF.

2.) With basically CUSA 2.0 fully in effect for the AAC, I could easily see the MWC trying to pounce to get some more Texas markets again real soon.They would love UH and SMU, for location and tradition, but either of those two programs may not want to go west, which would make no sense to me since the MWC is light years better than the AAC as they are built today for both football and basketball. But, if they won't go west, then the MWC will go after UTEP and one of the other two big Texas public schools, UTSA or UNT. If we keep losing, UTSA would most likely be the target, with their location, media market, and bowl game connections. I know many people think the MWC is just the Big West redux, but I'd love to have a membership out west with those teams. Even if Boise State and San Diego State eventually get into the Pac-12, I'd still love playing out west with another Texas team as a travel mate. But if UTSA got that spot, Texas State would just get moved up, so it would be a net zero situation for us, in terms of travel budget and visiting fans attending games in Denton. But it would give UTSA a huge advantage in terms of stability and perception over us and Texas State, with recruits, high school coaches, and the media.

I hope none of this plays out at all, but its very possible if we don't get our stuff together and UTSA does over the next 3- 5 years.