2013 UNT Record Poll

NT03

We could potentially play 14 games (not that you don't already know that). It's hard to predict a bowl win because we don't know who we would be playing or where it would be, but I'll say we win it, because why not!

We won't play 14 games in a season, 12 + bowl game = 13

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3-4 wins

If that were the case and you are using some kind of new math, then that means the "Road (take Peptol Bismol) Runnies" record would be, uh, -3 wins? :bbq:

We know that among college message boards that Harry's GMG.com is the creme de la creme along with being very informative and even very entertaining, too, but good gosh', what's it all about with all these ex CUSA and Big 12 visitors who seem to inhabit this forum on a somewhat regular basis?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Is this site exclusively for NT fans? Plenty of your own fans would agree that your team won't win many games btw.

I am not harry, so I can't really speak for the site or anything: In my humble opinion though I would say the site is primarily, but not exclusievely for NT fans. Fans from other teams are very much welcomed as long as they are somewhat respectful (which I would say you have been, and pretty much everyone here likes our most frequent ark. state visitor to give just one example) and not just here to troll (there are a few examples even one in this thread, i will not mention them by name)

Edited by outoftown

Is this site exclusively for NT fans? Plenty of your own fans would agree that your team won't win many games btw.

Definitely not, but when you stalk a fan site that has nothing to do with your school, it indicates you really don't have a life outside of the Internet.

See Cougar Queen, Froggie Style (probably the saddest example), and Green Light to Greatness (also known as Checkfacts until people started ignoring him).

Really sad examples of a lack of a real life.

Careful, you're on your way to joining them.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This is the best team Mac has had since he's been here. This team will be better than last year's squad (barring a 2010 like injury catastrophe) at every position on the field with the possible exceptions of defensive tackle and center. I don't get all the doom and gloom. I get that the schedule will be tougher, but Benford can't also kill our football team, folks.

Edited by TIgreen01
  • Upvote 3

I hate to say it but Froggy Style does have a point. If we're that concerned about Idaho and UTSA (considering them key games) then maybe we should be looking at a 3-win or less season.

Having said that it still chaps my ass that three people predicted an 0-12 record. I wish I knew who they were so I could use my ignore button.

• Upvote 2

I hate to say it but Froggy Style does have a point. If we're that concerned about Idaho and UTSA (considering them key games) then maybe we should be looking at a 3-win or less season.

Having said that it still chaps my ass that three people predicted an 0-12 record. I wish I knew who they were so I could use my ignore button.

Yeah that really bothered me as well. You have the option when you create a poll to make all of the voters public on their votes but it's NT03's poll and that is up to him. I think if you make the votes public it would weed out some of the trolls but it could also impact the honesty of the other voters as well.

We just have to face facts, there are some who just do not want us to succeed. C-USA is going to be a dogfight and I just hope that Coach Mac and the team will perform well. This first season will do a lot in terms of the way we are viewed by our counterparts as well as the general public. People look to our record last season and over the past 10 years and just don't see a strong program in place. We know that is has been strengthened but the record shows otherwise. Sort of like, I am really starting to improve in my stats class but my report card still shows the D.

For the most part we have been terrible on the road and at times struggles at home ( TX southern , Troy). I can see us only being favored in 2 games all year ( Idaho & UTSA). 0-12 is not that far fetched of an idea & I wouldn't blame anyone for choosing it.

• Upvote 3

For the most part we have been terrible on the road and at times struggles at home ( TX southern , Troy). I can see us only being favored in 2 games all year ( Idaho & UTSA). 0-12 is not that far fetched of an idea & I wouldn't blame anyone for choosing it.

When we are having success passing the ball at home we are good. If DT could play like he did against LaLa we'd have a chance in every home game this year.

TX Southern we out gained them 497-185, including a 352-31 edge on the ground. Complete domination. Unfortunately our qb was 11-24. That kept our point total down and the game within reach.

Out gained Troy by 40 yards but 12-28 by our qb, as well as some missed kicks lead to only 7 points for the home team.

We were able to beat South Alabama despite being out gained 366-303 and our qb completing again just 12-28 passes for 108 yards. Very few teams in the country do we beat that night.

I know, too much blame on the qb. But we can't expect to win home games where he goes 12-28 against the teams we play at home this year. Yes, Idaho and UTSA are the only teams we could potentially get away with it. Maybe.

• Upvote 2

Don't let the trolls chap your hide. By my count, there must be one that hasn't voted yet..probably still typing their latest epic post.

• Upvote 1

I voted 6-6. Maybe that seems optimistic, but I think it is well within reason. I think part of the reason so many people are shooting low is because they are sick of having high expectations disappointed. But really, here is what should happen:

Idaho Win

Ohio/Ball State Win 1 out of 2

Georgia Loss

Tulane Win

MUTS/LaTech/Southern Miss Win 2 out of 3

Rice Loss

UTEP Win

UTSA Win

Tulsa Loss

That's 7 very doable wins. Maybe we fail to meet one of the "1 out of 2" or "2 out of three" goals, but that still gives us 6 wins. Our schedule is not tougher this year than last year, despite what some keep repeating. I would easily put last year's A-State, LaLa, and ULM teams against anybody in the 2013 C-USA West, with the possible exception of Tulsa.

• Upvote 1