Peterson has big news --soon

GreenBat

What's the point of having an Xbox right now if its not connected to the Internet? I get some of the other complaints, but the Internet one just seems stupid. Unless, you live somewhere without an Internet connection, which means your life really sucks.

I'm very old school. I still have an original generation machine (no direct HDMI outputs, no wi-fi adapter) that's plugging along. When I want to be online with it, I connect a network cable in the back. And when I don't, I don't have to be.

I think the complaining about mandatory online connection is less about inconvenience (though it is a major deal for some people in places with spotty connections or limited broadband access) and more about the fact it feels like a trojan horse to screw people out of ownership over the games they buy. PC games are basically just licenses, and that's what's going to happen with consoles, too. And I hate it.

I have read that a constant connection on line isn't true.... but they are looking at once every 24hrs. I also read that if you borrow or buy a used game you will have to buy an activation code. I

wasn't impressed with with the new console. I don't need something to change my channel for me or be able to surf the web. My current x box can surf the web and I never use it. I feel like they are

forgetting what they are making and focusing more on an all in ONE (hence the name). AND IT IS BS THE CONSOLE ISN'T BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE.

*** none of these are confirmed but if they are I will not be buying a new x box..... PS4 here i come

This is what we are talking about... O brother. I thought I was old at 26 to be playing vide games and i am working on putting it away. We have 30 and 40 year olds playing video games like crazy.... Now my eyes are open I suppose.... Stick to the idoit box.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

Obviously the news is not soon, and I really hope that it actually turns out to be good. All of this could have been a fiendish plot to mysteriously create a thread about gaming.

Interesting. Peterson is older, bit does wear sweater vests.

And nothing screams Nerd like a good sweater vest.

• Downvote 1

AND IT IS BS THE CONSOLE ISN'T BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE.

It is? Backwards compatibility is the exception, not the rule. The 360 was barely backwards compatible. Go back into the history of gaming consoles and see that it is pretty rare. What is the big deal? Are you going to trash your current system when you buy the new one? Are you really that likely to play those games frequently enough to warrant it? They could do it, but it would require a lot more cost to you.

It is? Backwards compatibility is the exception, not the rule. The 360 was barely backwards compatible. Go back into the history of gaming consoles and see that it is pretty rare. What is the big deal? Are you going to trash your current system when you buy the new one? Are you really that likely to play those games frequently enough to warrant it? They could do it, but it would require a lot more cost to you.

I didn't expect it to be for discs... But if I had spent a lot of money on Xbox live games and now faced the prospect of buying them all over again... I can see why people are upset about that.

Obviously the news is not soon, and I really hope that it actually turns out to be good. All of this could have been a fiendish plot to mysteriously create a thread about gaming.

Systems come out in fall... Will our Big Soon News happen first?