Peterson has big news --soon

GreenBat

Come on Brett, What does this mean green?

"First off, I’m sticking by my assertion that the eagle (big recruit) has landed in women’s basketball. The sticks in the nest are being arranged just so to make the landing a little more comfortable."

This is the makings of the mother of all "letdowns".

Edited by Cooley
  • Upvote 1

First of all, this is only girls basketball.

Second, there are far greater more recent letdowns than a rumor not coming true.

Tony Benford and Todd Dodge come immediately to mind.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Come on Brett, What does this mean green?

"First off, I’m sticking by my assertion that the eagle (big recruit) has landed in women’s basketball. The sticks in the nest are being arranged just so to make the landing a little more comfortable."

Yeah, the phrasing of Brett's comment above (from a couple weeks ago, I think) leads me to believe that something went wrong. Not to deconstruct Vito's prose, but for him to mention that he is "'sticking by [his] assertion'" indicates that there was at least the possibility to think differently. Now that we are a couple weeks past that comment with still no news really makes me wonder if Vito still believes his original statement.

• Upvote 2

First of all, this is only girls basketball.

Second, there are far greater more recent letdowns than a rumor not coming true.

Tony Benford and Todd Dodge come immediately to mind.

When you put it that way who really gives a damn about Tony Benford & Todd Dodge? Most folks have experienced far greater letdowns than anything involving UNT sports.

Back to the topic, (women's recruiting) our beat writer gave us hope of a pending "game changing" signing. We were first told that information would be available in a matter of days. We are now in the dog days of summer (well almost). Our women's team has sucked as well over the years. Maybe if a Brittney Griner would sign with us, "just girls basketball" would take on a different meaning around here.

• Upvote 1

When you put it that way who really gives a damn about Tony Benford & Todd Dodge? Most folks have experienced far greater letdowns than anything involving UNT sports.

Back to the topic, (women's recruiting) our beat writer gave us hope of a pending "game changing" signing. We were first told that information would be available in a matter of days. We are now in the dog days of summer (well almost). Our women's team has sucked as well over the years. Maybe if a Brittney Griner would sign with us, "just girls basketball" would take on a different meaning around here.

I was thinking that when my dad died of brain cancer a couple of years ago it was a pretty big letdown. But we can just go with Dodge and Benford if you prefer.

I thought this was a UNT sports board.

My bad for the mistake.

I guess?

• Upvote 5

I thought this was a UNT sports board.

My bad for the mistake.

I guess?

Don't worry. It was obvious that you were placing NT sports on par with life changing events like the death of a parent. I simply can't see how anyone with a pulse WOULDN'T make that logic leap.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just pointing out that sometimes we (myself included) get a little out of perspective with this stuff.

Plus it is fun to bust your balls a bit, since you are so negative all the time.

I'm positive when there is something to be positive about. Go read my posts pre-November 2012 about the basketball program.

I refuse to be positive about a situation where there is absolutely nothing to be positive about. If people out there want to be delusional about the state of the Men's BB program, more power to them. It will only lead to a huge disappointment come November.

Being delusional also does not affect change (yes, I'm talking to you, big donors).

But being delusional is kinda what being a UNT fan is all about, especially in recent times.

I guess?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1