PJ officially transferring

NT03

@SwagAir: point guard PJ Hardwick @PHardwick4 will be transferring out of North Texas University. He played 24 mins per game last season as a freshman

User @R_Byrdman18 "favorited" that tweet. Just stab my Mean Green heart, Byrdman. Insert knife and twist you heartless tweep.
  • Upvote 1

For anyone keeping score, we had 9 potential returning players (meaning, scholarship guys with eligibility remaining). 8 if you don't count Tony, who isn't leaving for Central Montana Tech just to get out of here.

So, 8 guys, and 2 of them have already jumped ship.

Of the remaining 6, two are going to be seniors with no redshirt year option remaining (meaning, they're stuck here unless they quit basketball or drop down from D-1). And another is TJ Taylor, who has already enrolled at 4 different colleges and probably couldn't afford to leave unless he was willing to drop below D-1, too.

That leaves Jordan, CJ, and Coleman.

What odds would you need in order to bet that all three of them stick around?

For anyone keeping score, we had 9 potential returning players (meaning, scholarship guys with eligibility remaining). 8 if you don't count Tony, who isn't leaving for Central Montana Tech just to get out of here.

So, 8 guys, and 2 of them have already jumped ship.

Of the remaining 6, two are going to be seniors with no redshirt year option remaining (meaning, they're stuck here unless they quit basketball or drop down from D-1). And another is TJ Taylor, who has already enrolled at 4 different colleges and probably couldn't afford to leave unless he was willing to drop below D-1, too.

That leaves Jordan, CJ, and Coleman.

What odds would you need in order to bet that all three of them stick around?

I'll take whatever odds you want on Jordan & Chris. I bet they stay around, and I'm more certain of Jordan than Chris.

Coleman? Not so much.

• Upvote 1

I don't see anyone else leaving unless they're pushed out the door. Clarke and PJ were both young enough to escape with lots of career ahead of them. Tony left with first round hopes... though anyone could see that he'd have been benifited by one more season of competent college coaching. Coleman could leave but after his poor showing last year and the lack of a single big on the roster to compete with he's got nowhere to go but down. Maybe Jordan or CJ but they're going to be juniors with somewhat sketchy grade issues in their past.

As much as anyone else might want out, I think they're all here unless they get Buzz'd.

• Upvote 2

Can someone release a Mike Rice type video of Benford?

Honestly though, Benford is harsh verbally like Rice was to his players in practices. You have to be tough on your players, but Benford has been known to cross the line. Another big reason why his players don't want to play for him.

• Upvote 2

I don't see anyone else leaving unless they're pushed out the door. Clarke and PJ were both young enough to escape with lots of career ahead of them. Tony left with first round hopes... though anyone could see that he'd have been benifited by one more season of competent college coaching. Coleman could leave but after his poor showing last year and the lack of a single big on the roster to compete with he's got nowhere to go but down. Maybe Jordan or CJ but they're going to be juniors with somewhat sketchy grade issues in their past.

As much as anyone else might want out, I think they're all here unless they get Buzz'd.

I hope you are right, though I think both Jordan and CJ still have their redshirt year if they choose to stop, drop, and roll away from this dumpster fire.
  • Upvote 1