Alabama-Huntsville (11/12/12)

CMJ

Anyone who watched that game vs Creighton had to know there was a chance we would lose this. It doesn't matter how big or athletic you are... You have to be able to put the ball in the hole or you won't win.

I understand not being able to hit a shot, but from the sound of it Al Huntville controls this game in all aspects. Mitchell better get a lot better or he could see millions going down the drain.

• Upvote 1

Haha. I'm so sorry guys, but all is left to do is laugh. I have wasted enough time cheering on for over-hyped teams. Moving on to better things. But this is a great way to lose fans. If the players play pathetically, fans will stop following. I'll always support UNT, but can't take much of this anger any longer.

Edited by bleedgreen4ever
  • Upvote 1

Next game that matters is the championship game of Sun Belt tourney? Assuming we get there? This team has plenty of talent, and will be fun to watch once they get rolling, but we ain't getting an at large with that loss. Let's get some guys healthy and see what happens.

Patton's 40/25/50 percent shooting numbers (and boards) at Grambling suddenly sound pretty good. What the Hell has happened to CJ?

All of the people who liked to rag on JJ every chance they got, and said we'd do do the same with just about anyone and better with most -- man up. First loss to a Division 2 school in 27 FREAKING years.

I was extremely sad when we lost JJ. Never understood those who criticized him. I can guarantee this game would have been a W if he was still around...and don't get me wrong, I'm not saying TB is a bad coach, but JJ was the man and understood Mean Green BB better than anyone.

• Upvote 2

Were you a North Texas athletics fan during the Todd Dodge era?

I think this is worse, in all honesty. Never has a NT team gotten so much publicity and hype on a national scale in the modern era (in any sport), only to completely embarrass itself this way and, once again, let everyone else say, "well, it's UNT, they've always sucked."

Were you a North Texas athletics fan during the Todd Dodge era?

I was.

Todd Dodge's tenure started when I moved to Connecticut. I sat in bars by myself watching the few nationally televised football games we got. I would bring my lap-top to Starbucks before I had internet in my house...or to parties and dinners and get togethers. I still managed to make it to at least 1 home game every year of the Todd Dodge era...and the brought a dozen people to the West Point game.

And I honestly don't really even like football all that much.

After tonight, I really don't give a damn what happens against Lamar.

How quickly people forget that embarrassing ass kicking we suffered to UTA last year, where our all world coach suddenly looked like he had never coached a game in his life. And unlike the lucky out-of-towners/staters around here, the majority of us had to go to work in DFW with UTA, SMU, TCU, Texas, A&M, Houston, OU, Texas State and every other alumn in Texas the next morning and put up with the laughter all day.

Hang in there. We survived that one and will ride this one out too.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

I was.

Todd Dodge's tenure started when I moved to Connecticut. I sat in bars by myself watching the few nationally televised football games we got. I would bring my lap-top to Starbucks before I had internet in my house...or to parties and dinners and get togethers. I still managed to make it to at least 1 home game every year of the Todd Dodge era...and the brought a dozen people to the West Point game.

And I honestly don't really even like football all that much.

After tonight, I really don't give a damn what happens against Lamar.

You did all that to watch the worst FBS program in the nation, but you're bailing on this basketball team in the second game of the year?

• Upvote 2

How quickly people forget that embarrassing ass kicking we suffered to UTA last year, where our all world coach suddenly looked like he had never coached a game in his life. And unlike the lucky out-of-towners/staters around here, the majority of us had to go to work in DFW with UTA, SMU, TCU, Texas, A&M, Houston, OU, Texas State and every other alumn in Texas the next morning and put up with the laughter all day.

Hang in there. We survived that one and will ride this one out too.

Rick

UT Arlington was a 24 win team that was a 2 point road loss away from sweeping their conference last year.

We lost to a non-D1 team for the first time in 27 years.

It's like comparing apples and a railroad spike hammered in the urethra.

UT Arlington was a 24 win team that was a 2 point road loss away from sweeping their conference last year.

We lost to a non-D1 team for the first time in 27 years.

It's like comparing apples and a railroad spike hammered in the urethra.

UAH could end up beating K State tomorrow or winning the national championship later on. No one around here gives two flips about Alabama Huntsville or probably ever heard of them. Odds are if we get the usual coverage in the Star and DMN as we do get no one will even know, especially since it is still football season and this is Texas.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2