Alabama-Huntsville (11/12/12)

CMJ

Any way to watch this game or the following game?

The Kstate game is on ESPN3, and it's kind of crappy that we aren't also since they would already be setup for it. Maybe firstrow sports but I kind of doubt it. 9:30 start time it appears. Looks like ESPN2 for the championship game on Tuesday.

Edited by foutsrouts
  • Upvote 1

Dang. I wonder if he is going to take a hardship/medical redshirt this year. That would reduce our scholarships for this recruiting class by one and increase our scholarships by one for the 2014 class.

Feel bad for Brandan, praying for nothing but the best for his recovery. As for the rest of the team, we NEED Patton to come back soon. Play Patton and Holmen at the 3 so Jordan Williams can play more at shooting guard. Also need Clarke to get his game going and step up.

Let's see if our depth is as good as we've been touting it.

• Upvote 1

Dang. I wonder if he is going to take a hardship/medical redshirt this year. That would reduce our scholarships for this recruiting class by one and increase our scholarships by one for the 2014 class.

I don't think so. For one, he was in the 2011 recruiting class. For another, someone on medical RS still counts as being on scholarship. Greyshirting is the only way to have a player off scholarship, and I don't believe that is an option.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A-H has 4 guys listed at 6' 8", a 6'9", and a 6'11".

We better get on the damn boards.

A-H also shoots the ball really well. We do not, at this point.

This game is gonna be VERY interesting.

Not to mention these guys (along with every other team we face this year), know who Tony Mitchell is, and would love to prove themselves against this 'Super-NBA-lottery-pick-guy'. We'll get everything they've got. I certainly hope we can shoot better and stay out of foul trouble. If so, this should be an easy win. If we're still not making shots and fouling alot, then it will be closer than we would like it to be.

• Upvote 1

I don't think so. For one, he was in the 2011 recruiting class. For another, someone on medical RS still counts as being on scholarship. Greyshirting is the only way to have a player off scholarship, and I don't believe that is an option.

I don't think he's talking about Walton going off scholarship or not counting towards scholarships... I think what he's saying is, if Walton couldn't play this year and received a medical hardship waiver, he could play for us in 2013-14.

Instead of replacing him (opening his scholarship) after this season, we would have that scholarship available for a new recruit in the 2014 class. One less incoming recruit for 2013, deferred until 2014.

EDIT: because this may still be unclear. I think when he said 'reduce our scholarships by one this year', he meant scholarships available to give to new players. Not how many players would currently be on scholarship.

I'd like to see us when our shots were falling. Everyone can seem hesitant when nothing is dropping. Guys start forcing drives to the basket or passing up rhythm shots because they are unsure. I'm leaning towards chalking that whole game up to bad shooting night in retrospect.

If we were missing open shots, well, those nights just happen.

If we were unable to get quality looks, that is concerning, especially against a team that does not play particularly good defense.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

Without Walton, Patton, Taylor, and a gimpy Blackhole.... Our spectacular depth has taken a kick to the nads.

How is this possible? We've played one game. We always seem to be in this situation. Bad, bad luck at UNT.

I don't think he's talking about Walton going off scholarship or not counting towards scholarships... I think what he's saying is, if Walton couldn't play this year and received a medical hardship waiver, he could play for us in 2013-14.

Instead of replacing him (opening his scholarship) after this season, we would have that scholarship available for a new recruit in the 2014 class. One less incoming recruit for 2013, deferred until 2014.

EDIT: because this may still be unclear. I think when he said 'reduce our scholarships by one this year', he meant scholarships available to give to new players. Not how many players would currently be on scholarship.

That is exactly what I meant. I said for our 2013 and 2014 recruiting classes, not rosters. Thank you for clearing that one up and actually reading.