Alabama-Huntsville (11/12/12)

CMJ

All of the people who liked to rag on JJ every chance they got, and said we'd do do the same with just about anyone and better with most -- man up. First loss to a Division 2 school in 27 FREAKING years.

Double Bingo

Good God.

Really? Use this terrible loss to "I told you JJ was great" everyone on here? Really?

He is gone. He left for a better job, he didn't get fired. We could have offered him more money, and he still would have left because that is the job he wanted. If you want to brag about a former coach's greatness, please take it to Tigerdroppings, where it is relevant.

Let's try and focus on the current problems, shall we?

Y'all sound like 5 years olds when you do this. "But, but, but, Jim did it so why can't I "

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

UAH could end up beating K State tomorrow or winning the national championship later on. No one around here gives two flips about Alabama Huntsville or probably ever heard of them. Odds are if we get the usual coverage in the Star and DMN as we do get no one will even know, especially since it is still football season and this is Texas.

Rick

Don;t be dillusional. We will be on sportscenter tonight. ANd not the way we want to be. This is a TERRIBLE loss and leaves a big question about the coaching hire.

Good God.

Really? Use this terrible loss to "I told you JJ was great" everyone on here? Really?

He is gone. He left for a better job, he didn't get fired. We could have offered him more money, and he still would have left because that is the job he wanted. If you want to brag about a former coach's greatness, please take it to Tigerdroppings, where it is relevant.

Let's try and focus on the current problems, shall we?

Y'all sound like 5 years olds when you do this. "But, but, but, Jim did it so why can't I "

Even Trilli who basically DID just roll the ball out on the floor (something that was thrown at our last coach) didn't manage to lose a game like this.

You can't question the coaching hire. Careful.

Rick

Seriously? Who? I am probably one of those you are implying here. However, at one point during the game I was demanding his resignation tomorrow in the chat. :P I obviously cooled down. Look, i am usually in the camp of giving new coaches four years. I even was on board with Dodge getting that last season. I haven't given up on Benford QUITE yet. But, if he manages to run this season in the tank (ie 10 wins or less) - he's gone and so should RV. It's not like we had unreasonable hopes for this year. Major college basketball sites had us listed as a team to watch.

Even Trilli who basically DID just roll the ball out on the floor (something that was thrown at our last coach) didn't manage to lose a game like this.

What is your point? Again, JJ wasn't fired. He got a promotion. A job Benford would have had no shot at.

The only reason to bring him back up is to try and win some stupid, long ago internet argument.

Let it go.

Yes, 2 games is little early to call for a firing, but he needs to show something soon. I suspected that we couldn't shoot, and just don't understand the terrible defense when D was supposed to be our priority this year. I'm outta here. I was coming down from a high fever when this game started and I think this game is sending it back up.

• Upvote 1

Seriously? Who? I am probably one of those you are implying here. However, at one point during the game I was demanding his resignation tomorrow in the chat. :P I obviously cooled down. Look, i am usually in the camp of giving new coaches four years. I even was on board with Dodge getting that last season. I haven't given up on Benford QUITE yet. But, if he manages to run this season in the tank (ie 10 wins or less) - he's gone and so should RV. It's not like we had unreasonable hopes for this year. Major college basketball sites had us listed as a team to watch.

This team is DEFINITELY winning more than 10 games. To think that single digit wins is even a possibility is a comical overreaction. Our guards have been HORRIBLE through 2 games, and I'll be very surprised if that doesn't change, and very quickly. Chris and Alzee are both too good for that trend to continue(7-39 from the field and 10-18 on FTs combined through 2 games). There is obviously reason to be concerned, but when those 2 guys get going, and they will, I promise, this team will start to look like the team we expected them to.

Oh dear god. This just might be our UTA-this season is over now moment.

I dont care how good UAH is supposed to be we have no business losing to them, certainly not this season.

The already slim hopes of an at large are gone now I think and we might be destined to a play in game if we somehow get hot at the end if the season and win in Hot Springs. I can't believe I've been hyping this team to damn near anyone with any connection to UNT or the Denton area.

I hate Tony Benford. That's my official opinion after clearing my head with a night's sleep. I hate Tony Benford.

I'm not sure how I feel about Benford yet. Hate is a strong word. But all I know is that your players have to make their open shots at some point.