Who Do You Want to Add?

Side Show Joe

colorado & c state needs wins & recruit in Texas.

minn & ill both might be interested in a trip to NT!

we could get penn state to come here 2X for our one trip there if we put black & white stripped towels in their showers?

Shower humor and Penn St.?

Approach with caution. And use correct grammar.

Like Indiana, Illinois/Minnesota/Purdue bring recognizable names that might be interested in playing a DFW game. They also have many transplanted residents in the area that will show up. Michigan State might fit that category too. Penn State would be great, a year will have passed since they blew up, and they have a lot of fans down here. But I think the best name in this category is Mizzou, who are about to find themselves with few, if any games in Texas, and will likely be looking to rectify that.

Other names that I would like are Syracuse and Virginia, possibly Rutgers.

As far as buying a game from Southland/SWAC, SFA and Grambling would be my choices for a home opener.

Have we ruled out a conference home opener (UTSA or La Tech) ? CUSA, SBC, and BE will all be rearranging and scrambling conference schedules next year.

Missouri might be open to the idea. Now that they are in the SEC, they won't be playing many games in Texas. They might like a game in DFW.

I have no interest in bringing Texas St. to Apogee.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 1

If he is working on finding a home opener that tells me it is either 1) a D2 school or 2) a Sun Belt school.

Kind of hard to get a good name in on a short time frame and a narrow window of when they can play.

You gotta be kidding about D2; you sure you don't mean FCS (formerly D1-AA). Maybe playing D2 sounds like a sure win, but don't forget that their lower academic requirements result in some very talented players at that level. Who was the great transfer we thought we had a couple of years ago who ended up playing at a Lone Star Conference school, maybe Tarleton State? Talk about a no win situation.

You gotta be kidding about D2; you sure you don't mean FCS (formerly D1-AA). Maybe playing D2 sounds like a sure win, but don't forget that their lower academic requirements result in some very talented players at that level. Who was the great transfer we thought we had a couple of years ago who ended up playing at a Lone Star Conference school, maybe Tarleton State? Talk about a no win situation.

DE Horton

• Upvote 1