I use it and I love it. I got a $250 Visa gift card for originally signing up, and another $50 for upgrading my package. They offer alot of promotions for the U300 and U450 or free HBO, and as long as you cancel them before the promotion end date you can get them for free. I had sometype of free channels for almost two years. If you ever call them just ask what promotions they have. The only bad things about it are that it is a little expensive and the connection between the guide and remote control can be laggy sometimes.

Edited by glick1980

it's awesome!! I had DirecTV for 4 years previously and that sucked in the weather. DirecTV was AWESOME until it got overcast. I would lose signal from being overcast! Are you kidding?!?!?! let's not even mention rain. I paid about $165 a month for DTV and about that now for Uverse with tv and internet. DTV is not cheaper. Of course, as I have mentioned before, I have 4 HDTVs and a HD box for all of them. In conclusion, "Opulence, I has it." hahahahahaha I have the recent grad MGC pricing to thank for my abundence of wealth. Should I send RV an email thanking him for that too?

Edited by Grant.UNT

DirecTV is touchy and unfortunately has to be installed properly to work its best. I have never had a single problem with my DirecTV, and while I might get some pixillation with the worst weather on HD, I've never had it go out completely. Cabling IN the facility as well as perfect dish alignment is key. (HD is more sensitive than SD for obvious reasons). DirecTV kills virtually everyone out there in terms of content and packages available and due to the very nature of the service is far more reliable than a DSL based system, which is what Uverse is.

...however, the VDSL Last mile to Fiber Nodes which is what UVerse uses is a technology combo that has come a LONG WAY in a short period of time, and does offer several advantages (not the least of which is the fact that programming is coming in via IP which makes wireless receivers a reality) and IP Delivery is most likely the future of the industry. ...even DirecTV is going to IP distribution inside the facility - this is being done today in some commercial applications, and will be a reality in the home by 2013)

Anyone who complains about the quality of DirecTV and the signal had a poorly installed system or had it installed on a questionable cable plant. If comparing apples to apples installations, it really comes down to preference and price.

Good luck!

U Verse sucks. Had it for probably around 6 years, it has never worked properly. Just last weekend I had a tech out because the replay stopped working and playing any recorded show skipped. Internet speed is slow and comes and goes. Randomly dies like Dish in a rainstorm, except there is no rainstorm. I would go back to dish in a heartbeat if we werent saving so much $ with the ATT bundle.

ATT says there are problems with my lines, Tech says our boxes are out dated...I have been hearing the same story for years. Tech worked on the line and a new box is on the way...we will see if that fixes it.

On a positive, I read a lot more these days.

U Verse sucks. Had it for probably around 6 years, it has never worked properly. Just last weekend I had a tech out because the replay stopped working and playing any recorded show skipped. Internet speed is slow and comes and goes. Randomly dies like Dish in a rainstorm, except there is no rainstorm. I would go back to dish in a heartbeat if we werent saving so much $ with the ATT bundle.

ATT says there are problems with my lines, Tech says our boxes are out dated...I have been hearing the same story for years. Tech worked on the line and a new box is on the way...we will see if that fixes it.

The tech is probably right. AT&T is deploying UVerse service on infrastructure which is wholly inadequate to the task. The copper in the grounds and the condition of the boxes, as well as the amount of water in them, etc can have a massive impact on the quality of the DSL service to the premise. ...and the TV Service is 100% dependent on that infrastructure. If you're in an area where they are blaming the infrastructure on the issues (and that's likely true as most of the head-end issues have been resolved as the product has matured) then you're NEVER going to see service improve unless you see them come out and lay fresh copper... ...and that ain't going to happen.

Sounds like you need to suck it up and pay more to switch. Saving money isn't worth feeling the way you feel, it appears.

You love it cause you save money but hate it cause it "sucks".

sounds like a MEANandGREEN.COM fan to me. hahahaha just kidding pal, kinda.

Sounds like you need to suck it up and pay more to switch. Saving money isn't worth feeling the way you feel, it appears.

You love it cause you save money but hate it cause it "sucks".

sounds like a MEANandGREEN.COM fan to me. hahahaha just kidding pal, kinda.

Dang, Cant you just let a man do some bichin'.

I dont watch enough TV for it to really make a difference, and honestly I have been too lazy to research switching back to dish.

An update since our Sunday service call. Still no internet, still no new box (was supposed to arrive on Tuesday), all my recordings are gone, still cant pause or rewind or record. Called last night and got the run around again, they claim they are sending out the new box again and it will arrive on Sat...so yes, now I am considering doing the research into other providers.

• Upvote 1