Who do you see as North Texas' future rival in CUSA?

Harry

I asked myself one question - who do i despise most - only one school came to mind and their mascot is an ugly bird. Further their little entitlement demeanor and meteoric rise has left a disgusting taste in my mouth. I respect Tulsa. I respect La Tech almost as much. Rice is Rice. UTEP is going to be fun. Tulane lives near delicious beignets. So there is only one program left:)

GMG

• Upvote 1

In the conference- Tulsa We are so close, both fan bases will travel well for these games.

In Texas- Rice It will be for bragging rights between Dallas and Houston, and these cities represent both schools largest alumni bases.

With an Eastern program- Southern Miss They are the best program in the East right now, and I'm hoping it won't be too long before we are playing them in the title game on a regular basis. :)

If UTSA becomes out biggest rival in C-USA, then we are doing something very worng. :thumbdown:

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Hopefully (?) UNT's student section will pick up the old Rice SWC chant. (There are posters here old enough to remember what that was/is.)

And hopefully Rice will respond with their customary chant back.

Having attained the age of 67, that is one of the perks...I remember the chant. :ass:

We may have to pass on some oral history to the new generation...unless they are so consumed with political correctness that they can't enjoy a good laugh.

• Upvote 2

We now have 4 rivals in easy driving distance. Tulsa, LT, Rice, & UTSA should all become great rivalries in the future!

I guess I'm the only one who is the least bit wary of UTSA.

UTSA has Larry Coker as their head coach. As a head coach he went 12-0 with a national title at Miami and finished ranked in the top 5 three times.

He has only 21 losses in his career & knows how to coach. If he says UTSA can pull a rabbit out its hat I might not believe him but I would not bet against it.

Not to flame, but this seems ironic to me.

We tote building long-lasting rivalries and having traditions that matter/last, but enjoy jumping at the chance to do it all over again and change everything once our conference changes.

IMO, traditions are rivalries should transcend any of these other things.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

UTEP.

Large Texas state school with many alums in the area = rivalry.

School most-fun-to-hate-but-their-constant-losing-makes-it-hard?

nUTSAck.

Just so I'm clear is it "nUTSAck" or "nUTSAx"

Why just one? What fun is that? All the Texas schools for sure. FIU because they are FIU. Marshall because of the color of their jerseys. Tulsa and LaTech for good measure

I agree, why have one. Let's be the Longhorns(big dog) of CUSA. Let's have rivalries with 5 or 6 of our new conference mates. I'm no longhorn wannabe, but they do seem to have rivalries with many. THAT would put butts in the seats.

• Upvote 1

I say La Tech. Have any of you read their message board lately? They are furious at us being included in CUSA. According to them, they are the only school worthy of CUSA and the rest of us drag it down. According to La Tech, their football sice 2000 is much better than ours as they have been to more bowl games than us. In La tech math, 3 is greater than 4. They claim to own us with a hige 6-5 all time record. Also their MBB is far better although they haven't made the tournament in 20 years! Some how they claim much better facilities.

• Upvote 1

Having attained the age of 67, that is one of the perks...I remember the chant. :ass:

We may have to pass on some oral history to the new generation...unless they are so consumed with political correctness that they can't enjoy a good laugh.

Yep. Right there with you. :thumbsu:

I almost posted it in the thread but didn't want to bring out any banhammer.

• Upvote 1