UNT lands Lake Highlands Lineman Chase Walling

Brett Vito

Excellent news...and I was told just last evening by a very loyal UNT fan that UNT would still not be able to compete for kids who were being recruited by the likes of Big XII schools. Well, looks like that is just not the case any longer. I firmly believe that UNT has something to "sell" and that something is beginning to pay dividends.

It is time for the Mean Green nation to BELIEVE and start acting and talking like they believe! Excellent news...just excellent.

Now, let's hold onto this kid and get him actually signed.

GOOD THINGS ARE DEFINITELY HAPPENING AT UNT THESE DAYS!!!!!

Some kids want to "get away" to go to school but at the same time, want their families and friends to be able to see them play on Saturdays. Of the umteen high schools in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area, North Texas is going to be the exact fit for these type players. Out of Mom and Dad's sight but close enough when they want Mom and Dad to see them excell.

And some kids have to go far away to find this to be true.

Welcome aboard Chase. You're going to look great in Green.

GO MEAN GREEN

Does most of our's 6'th sense tell us that this HFC and assistants are going to be able to settle down and recuit linemen for a change?

For non AQ schools they are the toughest to land as I understand it but nobody told Boise State that 10 plus years ago when they started making some real hay in the NCAA.

I understand that in this era that most recruits also stick with who they committ, too, also.

GMG!

Does most of our's 6'th sense tell us that this HFC and assistants are going to be able to settle down and recuit linemen for a change?

For non AQ schools they are the toughest to land as I understand it but nobody told Boise State that 10 plus years ago when they started making some real hay in the NCAA.

I understand that in this era that most recruits also stick with who they committ, too, also.

GMG!

I think defensive linemen are the hardest to recruit but offensive linemen are a close second.

I had the opportunity to watch this young man play earlier in the season when Lake Highlands played WT White. I remember commenting to my wife how big and athletic he was. The exciting thing is there are 3-4 more D-I caliber players on that Lake Highlands team. There is a defensive end tackle who also caught my eye as well as other positions...they have a lot of athletes! I got to experience the Lake Highlands feeder program because my son played Select ball with their team as a 7th grader last year. They have an impressive youth program there and some good coaches. Those kids learn how to run and tackle at a very young age. I would love to see UNT build a pipeline there as they will have a lot of good players for many years to come.

I love the size and quality of linemen Mac is bringing into this football program! This recruiting class is truly shaping up to be one of our best in a long, long time! GMG!

This recruiting class is truly shaping up to be one of our best in a long, long time! GMG!

Well, when you look at gaping holes in your program, and you, you know, fill them, things do tend to improve. We may need a QB and some receivers, but there are fundamental spots that have been neglected for years that we need to fill first. This pickup excites me.

Good Get! This is the type that I am expecting Coach Mac to pick up. The lines are the most important squads on the field for any team. yes, I know...QB is of utmost importance too... can anything help a qb settle in more than a good running game though? Or even time to throw some deep balls to loosen the defense up?

Welcome aboard Chase!

I had the opportunity to watch this young man play earlier in the season when Lake Highlands played WT White. I remember commenting to my wife how big and athletic he was. The exciting thing is there are 3-4 more D-I caliber players on that Lake Highlands team. There is a defensive end tackle who also caught my eye as well as other positions...they have a lot of athletes! I got to experience the Lake Highlands feeder program because my son played Select ball with their team as a 7th grader last year. They have an impressive youth program there and some good coaches. Those kids learn how to run and tackle at a very young age. I would love to see UNT build a pipeline there as they will have a lot of good players for many years to come.

I love the size and quality of linemen Mac is bringing into this football program! This recruiting class is truly shaping up to be one of our best in a long, long time! GMG!

I guess we already have? John Shorter is from LH.