Beat WKU & MTSU then upset AK St or Troy then we are Bowl Bound

Tree

"If UNT takes care of business against WKU and MTSU, it only needs to upset Arkansas State or Troy to make a bowl. How about that?"

http://twitter.com/#...458737588502528

Dave Campbell's

Dave Campbell's Texas Football — the Bible to Texas football fans for more than 50 years. http://www.texasfootball.com

Seems a little far fetched but this would be incredible.

not to far fetched.

MTSU is not good, Troy is not good, WKY outside of Rainey is not good 70% chance of winning all three.

Wild Card is ASU game, do we go conservative like our previous road games and get the doors blown off or do we get to see Thompson go vertical again and open up some running room for Dunbar and Hamilton

• Upvote 1

not to far fetched.

MTSU is not good, Troy is not good, WKY outside of Rainey is not good 70% chance of winning all three.

Wild Card is ASU game, do we go conservative like our previous road games and get the doors blown off or do we get to see Thompson go vertical again and open up some running room for Dunbar and Hamilton

i vote vertical...

• Upvote 2

"If UNT takes care of business against WKU and MTSU, it only needs to upset Arkansas State or Troy to make a bowl. How about that?"

http://twitter.com/#...458737588502528

Dave Campbell's

Dave Campbell's Texas Football — the Bible to Texas football fans for more than 50 years. http://www.texasfootball.com

Seems a little far fetched but this would be incredible.

I was thinking about this the other day. We are still playing meaningful football in late October! Tell me that this doesn't feel amazing!

Coach Mac has his first year team of Todd Dodge's awful recruits in a situation to make themselves bowl eligible! This program is definitely moving the right direction.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I was thinking about this the other day. We are still playing meaningful football in late October! Tell me that this doesn't feel amazing!

Coach Mac has his first year team of Todd Dodge's awful recruits in a situation to make themselves bowl eligible! This program is definitely moving the right direction.

Can we start laying off the Dodge recruits somewhat, they appear to be playing just fine, if you want to say Dodge could not get the best out the players so be it, but tiresome now to say how bad the players he recruited are when he had a couple of the highest classes that UNT has seen, sucks so many did not pan out. Outside of the OL these are Dodge recruits who are starting to gel. Not fair to the players to say they are horrible all the time.

• Upvote 4

We could still go 3-1 to finish the year and not make a bowl. We're in forth place right now and the teams ahead of us could all still lose 1 (WKU) or 2 (ULL, ASU) games and still be ahead of us, if we go 3-1 to finish the season. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Sun Belt has never sent 4 teams to a bowl?

Right now, ASU and ULL are pretty much locks for a bowl. So that leaves UNT, WKU, and FIU as the other teams going for the third bowl.

That being said, I think if we go 6-6 we're bowling. But its food for thought.

We could still go 3-1 to finish the year and not make a bowl. We're in forth place right now and the teams ahead of us could all still lose 1 (WKU) or 2 (ULL, ASU) games and still be ahead of us, if we go 3-1 to finish the season. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Sun Belt has never sent 4 teams to a bowl?

Right now, ASU and ULL are pretty much locks for a bowl. So that leaves UNT, WKU, and FIU as the other teams going for the third bowl.

That being said, I think if we go 6-6 we're bowling. But its food for thought.

The conference champion is gauranteed a bowl. After that, the individual bowl games get to take their pick of any remaining bowl eligible taems from the Sun Belt. I believe the SBC has two gauranteed bowls, with two other tie-ins contingent upon other conferences not having enough teams eligible.

I think we travel fairly well. Especially when there's a bowl game to b played. I think many bowl sponsors would look at NT as a pretty good payday.

Who was it that predicted North Texas and Southern Miss (I think) in a bowl game ? And what bowl game was it ?

6-6 ? Sounds good to me.

GO MEAN GREEN

found it. It was the BBVA COMPASS BOWL played at the Liberty Bowl in Birmingham, AL.

Edited by greenjoe

The conference champion is gauranteed a bowl. After that, the individual bowl games get to take their pick of any remaining bowl eligible taems from the Sun Belt. I believe the SBC has two gauranteed bowls, with two other tie-ins contingent upon other conferences not having enough teams eligible.

NOB has first pick this year, I bet they'll be all over ULL.

Mobile would be our best bet. We need a win over ASU to have a chance though, IDC about the records this year, the ASU game looks more winnable than the game @ Troy. If history is any indication, this game will be a dogfight, they're #1, and top to bottom a little better than we are. The one thing that gives me hope is that this team looks like it's playing for the bowl, not playing for the season to be over. Hopefully last weeks passing explosion will make them respect the passing game a little, I expect this one to go down to the 4th quarter.

NOB has first pick this year, I bet they'll be all over ULL.

Mobile would be our best bet. We need a win over ASU to have a chance thoughDC about the records this year, the ASU game looks more winnable than the game @ Troy. If history is any indication, this game will be a dogfight, they're #1, and top to bottom a little better than we are. The one thing that gives me hope is that this team looks like it's playing for the bowl, not playing for the season to be over. Hopefully last weeks passing explosion will make them respect the passing game a little, I expect this one to go down to the 4th quarter.

Yep. It's all contigent upon winning at ASU on Saturday.

Yep. It's all contigent upon winning at ASU on Saturday.

I don't think so. I think our better chance is to sweep the final 3 games of the season. Very do-able, looking at Troy. Of course, if we beat ASU @ Jonesboro, then I think our chances of actually sweeping the final 3 games is much better. Disrespectfully, we are both teams' homecoming games.

If we lose next weekend, I don't think it's the end of our bowl hopes.

• Upvote 1

I don't think so. I think our better chance is to sweep the final 3 games of the season. Very do-able, looking at Troy. Of course, if we beat ASU @ Jonesboro, then I think our chances of actually sweeping the final 3 games is much better. Disrespectfully, we are both teams' homecoming games.

we were invited by good friends to o.u. homecoming this past saturday where we saw an unranked 28 point underdog hand the sooners their hat. having said this, a.state is going to be a tough road win,while troy looks beat-able, as well as w.k. and mutts. at least we can control our destiny.

• Downvote 1

Just a question, but why would you want to attend OU's Homecoming and miss our's?

i have been going to our homecoming games off and on since 61'. had a chance to see #3 team in nation with good friends who drove down from lawton as our guests for indiana game. took them up on it, spent nearly 2 hours beneath stadium waiting for storm to pass. temperature dropped,froze butt off, left at halftime. as we were drying out and warming up i asked myself the same question that you did.

• Downvote 1

i have been going to our homecoming games off and on since 61'. had a chance to see #3 team in nation with good friends who drove down from lawton as our guests for indiana game. took them up on it, spent nearly 2 hours beneath stadium waiting for storm to pass. temperature dropped,froze butt off, left at halftime. as we were drying out and warming up i asked myself the same question that you did.

That's what happens when you cross the football gods. ;)

I'll be up there Nov 5

The safest bet is to sweep all 4 remaining games. I think our guys can win vs Troy and MTSU. WKY should be a good win, if close. ArkState has me concerned. Either way, where our team is now is already a big jump from the last few years of Dodge and Dickey. But if our guys can go win the last 4, I'll take it, and I think they can.

Unt travels the best in the belt, the only other teams that compete are Ull and Mutts. Bowls dont look at records they look at how well you travel and money coming in. If we win 6 games I'm 98% sure we'll get into a bowl game, we have 2 guaranteed games and the godaddy.com bowl goes to anyone.