How many?

NT91

The ALCS starts Oct. 8th so if the Rangers win the ALDS the FAU attendance will take a big hit, IMO.

Yeah...I was about to go back and edit my post saying it was a dumb question, but you already got to it, haha. I misread it as ALDS...I think you are right that it would put a dent in our attendance. People go crazy for playoff baseball down here...

Unless you are a fan of UT or OU and are willing to shell out major $$, drive to Fair Park, park in an area that doesn't promise your car will be there when you return and are willing to walk miles to the stadium fighting crowds, you should be at our game. Then again, the above sounds like most of our borderline fans except for the part regarding the eagerness to part with their $$$.

• Upvote 1

Unless you are a fan of UT or OU and are willing to shell out major $$, drive to Fair Park, park in an area that doesn't promise your car will be there when you return and are willing to walk miles to the stadium fighting crowds, you should be at our game. Then again, the above sounds like most of our borderline fans except for the part regarding the eagerness to part with their $$$.

I agree

But I think it is the Texas-OU watching parties that kill us. Hopefully one day this will not be an issue any more.

Host a watching party at the tailgate set-up. TU/OU is an afternoon game and will be wrapping up as we prepare to whip FAU.

I will be at Apogee Stadium tailgating all day with plenty of homemade food doing all I can to get as many people there as I can. I just have battled this before. The newest advantages we have now is our beautiful stadium and our outstanding tailgate area. Much better then in the Fout's parking lot!

We lured 4 newbies into the game last Saturday alone, I think we will see them coming back.

• Upvote 3

Solution - set up a huge TV screen and show Texas-OU game on The Hill.

Solution...care about YOUR team and YOUR University enough to not care what or who is playing that day or where they are playing that day.

Any local member of the Mean Green Nation that would not come to the UNT game because of a OU/TU watching party or one of a series of ALCS games...well, that is just not right.

Get yourself to the UNT game, folks. I could care less about the ALCS and TX/OU...The Mean green has a home game...that's all anyone needs to know.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Solution...care about YOUR team and YOUR University enough to not care what or who is playing that day or where they are playing that day.

Any local member of the Mean Green Nation that would not come to the UNT game because of a OU/TU watching party or one of a series of ALCS games...well, that is just not right.

Get yourself to the UNT game, folks. I could care less about the ALCS and TX/OU...The Mean green has a home game...that's all anyone needs to know.

I totally agree with this, but I'm pretty sure everyone on THIS SITE are playing Devil's advocate. It's people who have never heard of this site who are the perpetrators. No one here needs to be told to cherish UNT over TX/OU or the Rangers.

KRAM, your solution applies just fine to the diehards, and everyone who posts on this board. But I think we would like an attendance greater than 500 at the game, right? So we need to get the fencesitters into Apogee. If you can get OU/UT fans to attend our game by letting them have their cake and eat it too, I am just fine with it. And who knows . . . they just might evolve into Mean Green diehards like us.

• Upvote 1

On FAMILY weekend they could have adjusted the price especially for kids. I know major div.1 teams charge 2x or 3x this much. But we aren't there yet, and in this economy we could adjust the prices a little. Instead of making 2 years old and younger get in free maybe make it 5 or 6 and younger. Then perhaps attendance will go up and continue to winning will help of course.

GO MEAN GREEN

---I agree with you...... as long as we are not filling the stadium some breaks for younger kids should be given...

---Back in the 50's (I am old,) Baylor had one weekend per year that they allowed kids with Boy Scout uniforms (also some leaders) in for free... I saw my first college games because of that... I even remember the teams I saw.... Baylor vs. Rice and Baylor vs. Villanova.. It created a lot of good will and friends. A few of us later went thre. We should do sometime similar on games we know will not sell out... plus it will fill the stands somewhat and create good community relations... It really could cost nothing... since those tickets would not have been sold and those people would not have gone otherwise... but they did sell food and souvenirs...

---TxTech has sold reduced tickets here at the community college I teach to faculty members for one game a year. Again they were games there were not expected to sell out. They likely made money on this since most would not have gone otherwise. I have gone a couple of times. There are creative ways to fill seats and create fans.

---Target groups or people that would not likely go or be able to go otherwise... Fill seats and create good will...

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

16,700 @ Memphis vs SMU (Homecoming)

We outdraw SMU. Rice, Tulane & UH (at times) Wait a minute, that's Conference USA! And as everyone has pointed out, we ain't winning!

Tell me the last time UNT outdrew UH. 10 years ago? (in memory of UH's only 0-fer season in school history in 2001)

I was going to guess one weekend in 2007 when UH made the mistake of putting an 0-11 FCS school as the last game of the season. Horrible attendance of 12k, way below our 21k that season. But UNT had 5k in attendance that week to lower their average to 17.7k for the season.

Maybe you meant outdrew UH at your own stadium.

This year we're averaging 31k+. Last year we averaged 31k+. The stadium only holds 32k. UH had 32k this weekend for 2nd year FCS school Georgia State.

UNT is improving, but don't get crazy with your claims.

• Upvote 1

Tell me the last time UNT outdrew UH. 10 years ago? (in memory of UH's only 0-fer season in school history in 2001)

I was going to guess one weekend in 2007 when UH made the mistake of putting an 0-11 FCS school as the last game of the season. Horrible attendance of 12k, way below our 21k that season. But UNT had 5k in attendance that week to lower their average to 17.7k for the season.

Maybe you meant outdrew UH at your own stadium.

This year we're averaging 31k+. Last year we averaged 31k+. The stadium only holds 32k. UH had 32k this weekend for 2nd year FCS school Georgia State.

UNT is improving, but don't get crazy with your claims.

NTXCOOG, we just won our 6'th game in about as many years. Give us some time to come down to earth, right? :rolleyes: .

Congrats on your season thus far. You know when my blood is not green who my 2'nd favorite school in Texas is & was as a young teen living in Brazoria County. The 1966 UH-Michigan State game (&big UH win which made Coog' football a national program for the first time ever) our HS football team was listening to en route to a rare Saturday HS FB game in Halletsville, Texas, when we played Sacred Heart HS.

My late HS HFC was as much a Coog fan as myself. He used to invite some of our team over to his house to watch Cougar basketball on his UHF TV station when you had to have a special antenna for such a cable station. We hope our own Johnny Jones will be our "Guy Lewis" once he gets all the recruits he needs.

APOGEE DEBUT......I really enjoyed meeting many of you UH'ers at our stadium debut game. A friend & I invited the gent who is head man of your "H" Association to walk along with us to Apogee and in the 14 minute walk we had a really fun discussion on UH athletic history. I cannot recall his name but he was a very cordial person and appreciated our leading him over the interstate to the Mean Green Village and Apogee Stadium. I look forward to seeing your new stadium begin construction.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 2

NTXCOOG, we just won our 6'th game in about as many years. Give us some time to come down to earth, right? :rolleyes: .

UNT deserves to feel good about beating a Big 10 team. UNT deserves to feel great about its new stadium. I think UNT is going in the right direction. Enjoy the positives you have. No reason to point out negative comparisons vs others, especially if they're not true.

GMG and eat em up Coogs!