Mccarney Sighting On Campus Yesterday

GabeGMG

I stumbled upon Coach McCarney in the UNT Bookstore yesterday. I overheard him saying that he's now hired all of his staff (not sure if thats news or not) and that he was there to buy all of his staff gift cards to the book store. He was also talking very enthusiastically to the store manager about next year's home opener and the need to fill the stadium. I guess that makes me a bit of a creep to eavesdrop, but what the hey :rolleyes:

• Upvote 5

I stumbled upon Coach McCarney in the UNT Bookstore yesterday. I overheard him saying that he's now hired all of his staff (not sure if thats news or not) and that he was there to buy all of his staff gift cards to the book store. He was also talking very enthusiastically to the store manager about next year's home opener and the need to fill the stadium. I guess that makes me a bit of a creep to eavesdrop, but what the hey :rolleyes:

Ah ha gabileaks.com :rolleyes:

I want to hear that he and his wife have purchased a house in Denton. If he is to be part of the community, he needs to live in the community.

Then, I want to hear from him here on GMG.com.

He's got far more important things to do then come on here and deal with a bunch of jackasses like us....

Is buying a house really an issue? What if he rents? is that unacceptable?

Agreed he needs to be a part of the community, the UNT community.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

If he's part of the community, he lives here. I hate to use this reference, but Coach Fry bought a house and lived here. He's the North Texas Gold Standard. I feel strongly that Coach Mac should live in Denton. So yes, it's an issue.

He'll be on campus, in town, 250 days out of the year. He's not here to win over Denton, he's here to win football games. Our program needs to look beyond the small horizons of Denton. There's 2x as many people 7 miles south in Flower Mound/Lewisville, with 2x the the median income.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

If he's part of the community, he lives here. I hate to use this reference, but Coach Fry bought a house and lived here. He's the North Texas Gold Standard. I feel strongly that Coach Mac should live in Denton. So yes, it's an issue.

Where else would he live? The guy just moved from Florida! He'll be buying a house in Denton.

He's only been here a month. That's 30 days. When is the last time any of you moved to a new city, found a house, bought that house, closed on the house, and moved 1500 miles to that house in 30 days? Oh yeah, he has been putting his staff together and staying on top of recruiting efforts as well.

Give the guy a break. He will buy a house when he gets a chance.

• Upvote 4

He'll be on campus, in town, 250 days out of the year. He's not here to win over Denton, he's here to win football games. Our program needs to look beyond the small horizons of Denton. There's 2x as many people 7 miles south in Flower Mound/Lewisville, with 2x the the median income.

Yes, I would rather have him win over DFW (5 million people) than just focus on Denton.

Given the financial commitment North Texas is making, I don't think it's too much to ask for him to have a house in the Denton County area. I hope he's looking for a place.

Joe, I definitely agree. Those of us who have been around the program for many years and live in Denton actually realize the value of having a HC who lives in Denton and, along with his family, becomes part of the Denton community.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Joe, I definitely agree. Those of us who have been around the program for many years and live in Denton actually realize the value of having a HC who lives in Denton and, along with his family, becomes part of the Denton community.

Dude, I might stand solo in my feelings, but from 2000-2003, my time on UNT's campus, it never felt like the community supported the University. Might just be my perspective, but I'd much rather have a coach focused on the metroplex and that relationship than building the community relationship in Denton.

And I know, I don't live in Denton, but my perspective, as little as that means.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1